House plundering question

Moderator: Support Moderators

pale

House plundering question

Post by pale »

A strange thing happened to me today. I just set up a new house and was in the process of moving stuff to it - So only two names on the list.

I had one guy hidden to open the door (which I kept locked since it was placed), and the other character moving my stuff. Each time I would approach the door, I would have the other char open the door from the inside and when the other character got in, I would quickly close the door and detect hidden.

So.... I go to my crafter for a bit, come back and the character in my house is dead and the house is completely looted. Pretty dissappointing since I was being so careful.

What did I miss here to make this possible, or is there a glitch to allow this. And no my keys were not looted. And, yes I have played UO since these rules were on it originally. Also, can locked down kegs or other stuff be used by non friends of the house, I don't remember.
Thanks for any info.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: House plundering question

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

was everything locked down? and did you remove thyself or did you come out through the front door?
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: House plundering question

Post by Hicha »

More than likely someone stealthed in after you, either when you first entered or as you were exiting. Were you using detect hidden after entering your home? Locked down containers can be looted, locked down food can be used (so don't lock down food rares in the open.)

Locked down kegs can only be used my friends/co-owners.

You should incorporate a table barrier:
http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8162
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Return to “New Player Help”