[Era Accuracy] Bank Checks

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Caswallon
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: [Era Accuracy] Bank Checks

Post by Caswallon »

Bank cheques facilitate secure trading, its nothing to do with convienince here, its to do with security. Thats not T2A i knew, nor the T2A you did either. Yes they are convienient, but they destory scaming and dodgy trading, which as anbody knows, was a constant issue in era, if you were trading at that time theres a good chance you we're either scaming, the victim, or a friend of either party.

What you are missing here about bank cheques is what people miss about using the phase 2 housing system, it destroys a very common, valid, and well remmembered gameplay mechanic that was active for the vast majority of T2A, in favour or something brought in to smooth the transition to UO:R.

Thats wrong. Tournys dont change, damage or alter actual gameplay mechanics, although they do obvioulsy effect shard mechanics, two completly seperate, but oft confused things it seems.

I fail to understand how so many people fail to understand this.

And i dont attend tournys.
?

nethervoid

Post by nethervoid »

Caswallon wrote:Bank cheques facilitate secure trading, its nothing to do with convienince here, its to do with security. Thats not T2A i knew, nor the T2A you did either. Yes they are convienient, but they destory scaming and dodgy trading, which as anbody knows, was a constant issue in era, if you were trading at that time theres a good chance you we're either scaming, the victim, or a friend of either party.

What you are missing here about bank cheques is what people miss about using the phase 2 housing system, it destroys a very common, valid, and well remmembered gameplay mechanic that was active for the vast majority of T2A, in favour or something brought in to smooth the transition to UO:R.

Thats wrong. Tournys dont change, damage or alter actual gameplay mechanics, although they do obvioulsy effect shard mechanics, two completly seperate, but oft confused things it seems.

I fail to understand how so many people fail to understand this.

And i dont attend tournys.
A very good post. The only problem with it is the 'reasoning' doesn't matter. All that matters is era accuracy. So tourneys should be removed.

Anyway I just found a new UO shard to play on. Not those custom pieces of crap, though. I want a regular UO server, but one that doesn't take stuff out like we're in some museum and everything must bbe just right even if it just makes crap more difficult.

I use bank checks to keep cash in my house, so any of my charcters can get some gold. I don't use them for trading. Never did, and I played before, during, and after T2A. I quit a bit after Tram came out, actually.

Caswallon
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Caswallon »

There is no "reasoning" there. Its fact. Cheques seriously damage accurate gameplay mechanics, tournys do not, unless im missing the bit in tournys where there is no spell delays after you attend one, or allows you a 725 skill cap, or lets you chop bandages in the waiting area in stacks[ :lol: couldnt resist]or something.

They dont create inacurate mechanics during live gameplay, cheques do, although it is up for debate that tourneys themselfs are an inaccurate mechanic, and thats in another thread, not here.
?