PVP League - season 1

Browse previous major shard events here. For inclusion of your event in this archive, copious amounts of screenshots is desired.
Vlastslav
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: PVP Tourny - season 1

Post by Vlastslav »

Dont even bother wasting your time with this crap. Player ran events are horrible, let alone a pvp league. Seriously if you people just leave your houses and close irc youll find more pvp than you can handle.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: PVP Tourny - season 1

Post by BlackFoot »

thanks for your support :D
im glad not everyone shares your opinion!
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Chad-

Re: PVP League - season 1

Post by Chad- »

Maybe cure pots should be part of standard to even things out for dexxers but not heal pots

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

al is up for debate until wedensday
remember these rules are only in place AFTER the two combatants cant coem to an agreement

Cataclyst

Post by Cataclyst »

Yeah Blackfoot, I don't see why these people are so against it TBh

They aren't understanding that the "Default rules" do not ever have to apply, as long as the two opponents can agree to something..

and Vlast, your comment should be taken elsewhere. It isn't the trash talk forums, if you are not going to participate thats great, but don't try and take away from others fun because you're scared to try something new and have a good time doing it.

Blackfoot, another way you can do it for the people entering many characters, is just have them pay the fee, but their win/losses apply to only one of them, it'd be easier to track, and that way you wouldn't end up with one person having multiple characters in an elimination round, providing more fights. Just need to make sure the person they are fighting against knows which character the opponent plans on bringing.

My two cents anyway
(10:15:37 AM) mark: wana pk?
(10:15:41 AM) Cataclysm: all mine are dead, sigh
(10:15:44 AM) Cataclysm: thank weezy for one, spanky for the other
(10:15:49 AM) Cataclysm: and a dc for the third
(10:15:57 AM) mark: why u shouldnt team with ethnics

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

Cataclyst wrote:Yeah Blackfoot, I don't see why these people are so against it TBh

They aren't understanding that the "Default rules" do not ever have to apply, as long as the two opponents can agree to something..
Kraarug wrote:
BlackFoot wrote: No Heal, Cure, Dexterity, Strength, Explosion, or Poison Potions
Are you serious about the ones in bold?
You are aware that bandage timer is 15 seconds, 18 seconds with poison. These rules make magery a must.
Kraarug wrote: I suggest that you adjust the 'standard' rules to allow at least heal and cure potions because a duel can be won, without even striking a blow, if two contestants do not agree to a modification of your standard rules and one of the contestants does not have magery.
Kraarug wrote: There are no good reasons to disallow heal and cure potions execpt to eliminate whole classes of players.
It's pretty clear that if two people can't come to agreement that the one without magery would lose due to these rules on potions. The simple fact stated above about the bandage healer should be evidence enough.

Look when he first posted the rules both heal and cure were allowed. Why is there objection to them other than to eliminate an entire class that depends upon them?

Colisseus

Post by Colisseus »

People don't stand in small rooms and fight dexxers loaded with heals and cures for a reason.

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

Colisseus wrote:People don't stand in small rooms and fight dexxers loaded with heals and cures for a reason.
What stops the other from using potions?

Chad-

Post by Chad- »

How about no magery equals ability to use cure pots but not heals cuz if the mage fails to drop him and gets low mana hes definitely gonna lose

aXe

Post by aXe »

is this still going on? I'd like to join up.
<hemperor> plus im sure ive handled more money than your mcdonalds ass ever has, my $1200 dollar speaks for itself! :)

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

will add you to the standings. season starts wendesday midnight

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

I am with Kraarug. The basic rule set will be the fall back for most fights. No willing mage would allow a dexer DP, since it gives them a leg up which the mage will not benefit from. This is why people are saying this is a mage tourney.

Thus 80% (out of my ass estimate) will fall back to the basic rule set. The basic rule set becomes very important to modify!

The core rules should be a SKELETAL set of rules. For example, If you allow red pots, allow all pots!! Otherwise don't allow any pots at all! Allowing one kind of pot is bias which will zero out many potential pvpers. Admitedly many tank mages will cry and not join if a dexer is allowed to poison their wep or use a cure pot. Double edged perhaps.

I would love to see a tourney where you had no idea what your opponent was going to do. Perhaps he is a thief dexer? Perhaps he is a pure warrior or a tank mage? More diversification would be much more entertaining!
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

everyone please post waht you think will be the best fall back default ruleset, we need to decide before wednesday
its all up in the air until then.
its very important you voice your opinion if you are going to be a part of the league, the more feedback we get the better this will be

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

No magic weapons, no other rules.

Chad-

Post by Chad- »

Since new patch im rethinking my position on allowing cure pots in standard default because of the re cast delay dexxers rape enough already on field imagine w/o horses in a small arena no mage would stand a chance no matter how good you are.

Return to “Event Archives”