Change isnt always a bad thing..

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.

Do you support this post?

yes
40%
no
56%
not sure
4%

Total votes: 52

BobDobbs
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Change isnt always a bad thing..

Post by BobDobbs »

khamaileon wrote: just shard start over with 1 account and no razor,or 3 accounts and siege(while siege is more easily accomplished than 1 acc and no razor
No.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H.L. Mencken
UOSA Last.fm group!

khamaileon

Post by khamaileon »

why not?
with siege you can still macro 2 or 3 or somthing points a day(they are huge when speaking of magic resist and such),and more accounts means ghost etc.
plus limiting razor can be cumbersome for the tecnical part,i understood.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

T2A Siege Perilous was the finest example of UO.

+1 for swapping over to siege mechanics, and I would gladly delete all of my characters and start anew, even if everyone else got to keep one of theirs.

BobDobbs
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BobDobbs »

Its absurd to expect the entire shard to give up what they have played to accumulate simply because you are unhappy with a situation you knew existed when you created your account here. And if you didn't know that multiple accounts and Razor existed, then that's your fault for not looking before you leapt.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H.L. Mencken
UOSA Last.fm group!

khamaileon

Post by khamaileon »

i come here for the nostalgia,and what i found is an almost perfect replica of t2a,but with some major inaccuracy.those inaccuracy are invisible when you first start playing,strat to show after some time,and become bigger and bigger the more you grow in wealth.Im talking about razor and multiclient.
in actual t2a getting even one single skill to gm was half the fun of the entire game.playing with imperfect characters is what made the game so great.having to rely on others for crafting your hally was what gave the game the title of mmorpg.back in the day a gm assassin used to mean something.
but i dont whant to get offtopic,and i will not,if you let me explain my point:
in our game,good pvm spots can be counted on the fingers of an hand,pvp is based on two class(at most),pvm is based on two either,and everyone can get everything with ease.that's because we know the game very well after so many years,and because razor let us develop a perfect toon based on our knowledge.
and in the long run this is...boring?and this is why people are asking for a change.
the t2a world simply isnt that big or powerfull enaugh to last long aginst automated gamepaly.period.
to win pvm u dont even need a tamer,a gm mage is more than adequate.i cant even imagine someone playing on this shard without a gm mage.in real t2a gm mage was somthing awful.here is the standard.
while we cant change our accumulated knowledge,we do can,and should,change that 100% inaccurate thing that is razor,and the 90% inaccurate multiaccounting.
and this is in my mind the only change that we will ever need.
that razor is the bigger of all inaccuracy is not questionable.the only point could be:razor will attract more player,or better,the absence of razor will not attract many palyer.
but restarting the shard with these premises can only be looked for by real t2a fans,and will only rally hurt the "aristocracy" of those players owning 15 castles and such,who enjoy winning the game with ease.
Last edited by khamaileon on Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

BobDobbs
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BobDobbs »

It sounds to me like you are too focused on the haves vs the have nots, and I suspect such an outlook would still exist even with a shard wipe.

For the record, I own one tower and two smalls. Your premise has little basis in reality.
UOSA Last.fm group!

khamaileon

Post by khamaileon »

im focused on accuracy.

of course diversification of wealthness will still exist with a shard wipe,im all for this,but with one account and no macro one will be forced to interact with other players,rather than base his gameplay on his own army of perfect "mobiles".if not for everything,at least on something.and this diversification will also be scaled.now you a)are anoob and dont have anytning or b)have spent some weeks macroing and have everything.
scaled level of whealtness is more accurate,and more funny,too.there will be a marked for everything.wouldnt it be great?

BobDobbs
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BobDobbs »

Social and economic engineering are an antithesis to a sandbox game.

I don't think there is anything left for me to say on this issue.
UOSA Last.fm group!

khamaileon

Post by khamaileon »

o comon,to promote social interaction can only brings good things,even for antisocial gamestyles,like pks and theefs.
a social world is an alive world.

and macro perfect toons to be in par with others isnt that much sandbox in my opinion.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Basically, nobody wants to put any work in, but they want to get everything out. Community is a nonfactor because with 15 characters, you can be your own friends. Everyone has a sense of entitlement, and would freak out if anything were to happen to their own personal collection of random garbage items.

Welcome to RunUO

BobDobbs
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BobDobbs »

Your method of enjoyment from UOSA is no less or no more noble than mine or anyone else's.

I'm surprised you of all people would make such an absurd post.

My "garbage items" have just as much value as cA's exploits and adventures.
UOSA Last.fm group!

morganm

Post by morganm »

khamaileon wrote:im focused on accuracy.

of course diversification of wealthness will still exist with a shard wipe,im all for this,but with one account and no macro one will be forced to interact with other players,rather than base his gameplay on his own army of perfect "mobiles".if not for everything,at least on something.and this diversification will also be scaled.now you a)are anoob and dont have anytning or b)have spent some weeks macroing and have everything.
scaled level of whealtness is more accurate,and more funny,too.there will be a marked for everything.wouldnt it be great?
I don't think it would happen like that.... I think people would say "this is way too hard compared to 100 other shards out there... I'll exchange accuracy for easy of game play". One account and no macroing wouldn't make this shard thrive; it would kill it.

Just my humble opinion; we obviously disagree... and that's OK =^.^=

khamaileon

Post by khamaileon »

morganm wrote:I don't think it would happen like that.... I think people would say "this is way too hard compared to 100 other shards out there... I'll exchange accuracy for easy of game play". One account and no macroing wouldn't make this shard thrive; it would kill it.
maybe,or maybe not.
this would be true for 99% of shards out there.
but if you want easy play,you probably are alredy on hybrid or somthing like that.if you play secondage is because you want that good ol' feeling.
if you are here for accuracy (wich seems the case of most of us),you should not be against a no macro policy.and if an hypotetical shard like that can retain a nice player base,more will certainly come.
maybe im wrong,i hope not.
BobDobbs wrote:Your method of enjoyment from UOSA is no less or no more noble than mine or anyone else's.
true,
but remember that adventures do not need a secure container,cannot be stolen nor looted.being to much attached to pixels is what led to item based uo and insurance.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

We are all missing the issue here, and it has been brought up before.

It is not an issue of policy, it's an issue of policing. UOSA is run out of the generosity of a group of people who volunteer their time and work to make this work. They are not paid to run UOSA. There is no way in hell they'd be able to police if people are macroing or even multiclienting in most cases. Making a policy to limit this, and having to put up more time to police the compliance of that policy is akin to shooting themselves in the foot.

I was in the same, single client, no macroing boat, and it took me long enough to understand this.

/thread...please!!
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

BizzyBeast

Post by BizzyBeast »

You guys have to understand the mindframe of people like BobDole. Its only taken me a few days to realize he isnt a PvPer and his entertainment comes from being a subtle troll. He cares about his gathered UO pixels, because its all he really has going for him.

Change scares him.. OMG is IRC shutting down? How will I chat.. What if people dont know me.. WHAT ABOUT MY TOWERRRRRRRRR...

Its an online social disorder and its not his fault.

What we adults can do is continue to discuss the positive changes that this shard can make to save itself. People like him will follow no matter what, as long as their told firmly what to do, they are happy and content.

As for Derrick and his precious shard, some of the people hesitant against changes.. Need to realize nobody cares about this shard period. If its not fun it will be empty.

Famous people like myself will simply move to better shards without caring a single bit. And if you people keep being douchebags, I wont even be signing autographs before I leave. I can promise you that.
Last edited by Kaivan on Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Language