Fear Itself, Introduction and Status. [<EX] Extinction

Topics related to Second Age
FearItself

Re: Introduction of New Old Player, 15 years ago. Hello Foru

Post by FearItself »

Good info thanks :) just moved 300 miles south broke as a joke in real so my UO playing is on a complete hold until I get a place with Internet lol I was macro in my 3 accounts when kicked out haha has $7 in my pocket too, sold some hobbies and made enough to drive south, got here with $7 in my pocket, got 2 jobs already and several side jobs.

Should be within this month that I can play again. Hectic times but when I am stable again I'll be having all the UO fun I can

FearItself

Post by FearItself »

Current Skills progress :
•Magery GM
•Evaluating Intelligence GM
•Provocation GM
•Musicianship GM
•Resisting Spells 98.0
•Meditation 85
•Wrestling 50

Have had a hard time finding time to macro/play but happy I was able to GM Provoke tonight haha. Resist should be next and then Meditation +Wrestle.
Will be awesome to have my first 7xGM character bahaha.

Also taking the time to make a Hally Mage as well as Tamer. Get my treasure and kills haha.

What is the best way to macro Meditation for GM? I read something about liquor bottles but haven't had the time to do it.

Also any advice on taming or Hally Mage I would appreciate :)

morgan1109
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by morgan1109 »

There’s to primary ways to Gm med. One uses liquor bottles. One uses a runebook.
The liquor bottle one is often referred to as drunken meditation. You should be able to search forums and find it easily enough. Basically you grab an AR 13 leather suit (standard pieces from the tanner), and a bunch of liquor bottles. Then take a drink if your mana drops below (120-mediation skill). So if you have 50 med, you would take a drink any time your mana drops below 70. That assumes you have 100 intelligence. The only trick to it is to make sure you say something after you meditate, so your mana doesn’t regen. That way you get many more attempts over the course of a night of binge drinking. This one costs about 2K to do.

The runebook one is simple. Just mark a rune under a town crier. Put it in an empty rune book, then add a recall scroll to the runebook. The point of marking the town crier is the spot will always be blocked. This means mana will be consumed upon casting, but the scroll in the runebook won’t be used up. Basically no resources are ever consumed. Like above you’ll want to only med when in the sweet spot. Unlike above you can fine tune a little bit more. Rather than using 120, you can use 100. So if your med is 40, you would keep casting recall if your mana is above 60, then med when below. Basically you will always be meding within a 11 point range. This method costs zero or 500 gold to do depending on whether you view the runebook and recall scroll as an expense. Since both are useable after training, I consider this method completely free to raise.

I like the runebook method better, but both work really well. The costs of both are negligible. I haven’t timed both, but I’m pretty sure the runebook method is faster. It was also a pain to run and get more liquor bottles, where the runebook method required no more set up once kicked off. Both methods require updating the Mana check as you level, so there really isn’t a benefit either way. Drunken med probably requires less updating of the mana check since it naturally has a wider meditation range.

Basically if you are going to macro it while sleeping drunken med probably has an advantage for an 8 hour straight session. If you are checking back every hour or so, the runebook method is most likely better.
Thanks,

Eomin - Armsman
Varak - Treasure Hunter
Djimon - Smith/Tinker/Carpenter
Lorne - Scribe
Herm - Assassin

FearItself

Post by FearItself »

That is excellent, I'll be doing the runebook method for sure, don't even have to move lol.

Thanks for the great tips on Med GM techniques!

Now I am having trouble finding a Mage to hire at the suggested spots, maybe my command is wrong but I do the same as Del Mercenaries, but the mage never says how much gold to give, I know it is around 3k for 24 hours... but the hirable mages are being difficult to find for me haha.

Had a set of GM armor but it was lost in random boxes lol. Wrestle GM ahhh

morgan1109
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by morgan1109 »

I've never hired mages, so I can't really help there. I was thinking you had to go to Wind to hire mages though. I could easily be wrong since I haven't tried.
Thanks,

Eomin - Armsman
Varak - Treasure Hunter
Lorne - Scribe
Herm - Assassin

AshBorn
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by AshBorn »

Why do you need a mage? To wrestle?

Thats not necessary. A jhelom fighter from the pit will GM any melee skill within ~24 hours. (thats with 100 dex.. less dex may be a bit more time)

FearItself

Post by FearItself »

AshBorn wrote:Why do you need a mage? To wrestle?

Thats not necessary. A jhelom fighter from the pit will GM any melee skill within ~24 hours. (thats with 100 dex.. less dex may be a bit more time)
All of the research I have done leads to hiring a mage in various locations, and to give the mage GM Plate.. Wind was one of them but I am unfamiliar with the area so I tried the other suggested locations, so eventually I hired a paladin.. or warrior guy from the tower near Del, brought him home and set up the macro + An Nox poison to help my Healer GM + Meditation for gm.

Wrestle was around 45 and is now above 60.. not more than 4 hours macro, can't play as much.

Stats 100/25/100
I'll have to check the Jhelom pit :)

AshBorn
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by AshBorn »

Paladins and fighters both work. But why go to del when Jhelom is so much easier ;)

That Mage advice is nonsense haha

FearItself

Post by FearItself »

AshBorn wrote:Paladins and fighters both work. But why go to del when Jhelom is so much easier ;)

That Mage advice is nonsense haha
Haha it must be, always good to get the right info lol

Been a long night but it's been fun. Wyrm massacre in del cave and endless guild hunts. Good stuff

FearItself

Post by FearItself »

Update.

Still haven't GMed, Resist+Meditation+Wrestling, been too busy with guild and haven't found the time to macro.

Guild progress is sweet, 3 and a half pages in my guild roster, about 5 are alt accounts, we own 8 houses in the same zone and are working to buy more, guild town is a go.

Locking down my businessmen, Crafter + Tamers + Bounty Hunters, if you read this and have a Vendor, I am gathering player vendor runes for my guild vendor runebook. Gurantee that my members will visit your establishment.

Looking for Decorator such as KatD to pretty up some housing for me :)

Hally Mage is in progress, not long until I am rolling with the big boys pvp.

UO LIFE

morgan1109
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by morgan1109 »

The Stop and Shop in Yew is always running smooth and well stocked. Most of us restock daily.

It's one screen East of Yew bank. It's the L shape with 10-12 vendors in it. It's hard to miss if you have incoming names up, heh heh. I run the scroll vendor there.

I also run vendor at Death's vendor mall. It's the only small between the Skara Brae Bank and the Skara Brae moongate. Can't miss it.

Both places have multiple people running vendors, which I think works best from a customer perspective. If one person slacks in a one man shop, all vendors go dry. You can see this running through just about any vendor heavy area.

With multiple people running the vendors, a shop can supply most anything all the time. if one person slacks, another can set up a replacement vendor easily enough and the shop keeps humming along. It's much better for long term customer satisfaction.

I'd also make sure to mark a rune at Goblin Goods right by Occlo bank. I have no vested interest there, but Ash runs a good shop.
Thanks,

Eomin - Armsman
Varak - Treasure Hunter
Lorne - Scribe
Herm - Assassin

FearItself

Post by FearItself »

morgan1109 wrote:The Stop and Shop in Yew is always running smooth and well stocked. Most of us restock daily.

It's one screen East of Yew bank. It's the L shape with 10-12 vendors in it. It's hard to miss if you have incoming names up, heh heh. I run the scroll vendor there.

I also run vendor at Death's vendor mall. It's the only small between the Skara Brae Bank and the Skara Brae moongate. Can't miss it.

Both places have multiple people running vendors, which I think works best from a customer perspective. If one person slacks in a one man shop, all vendors go dry. You can see this running through just about any vendor heavy area.

With multiple people running the vendors, a shop can supply most anything all the time. if one person slacks, another can set up a replacement vendor easily enough and the shop keeps humming along. It's much better for long term customer satisfaction.

I'd also make sure to mark a rune at Goblin Goods right by Occlo bank. I have no vested interest there, but Ash runs a good shop.
Ashborn and Goblins have been very kind and I have taken 99% of my business to his vendor, his shop is the first rune in my book haha. Running a mostly new player/old new player guild I have sent lots to his shop.

Not to discredit his vendor but there are just a few items, newb gear and various weps/armor, that I cannot get there or direct my fam to.

So if you want to meet in game bring 2 runes.. one for each shop and I will go there to mark my own supply of runes.

Gurantee of purchased items.
Gurantee of other contact for bulk and or other services.

:)

FearItself

Post by FearItself »

Hally Mage progress is coming along very sweetly.

•Magery 51.9
•Meditation 50.2
•Resisting Spells 29.2
•Swordsmanship 72.5
•Tactics 96.2
•Wrestling 91.6
•Evaluating Intelligence 96.1

Working Wrestling + Sword + Tact + Eval currently.
Having trouble finding some one to help me fire field my resist, guild has been very busy haha.

When I GM ^The's skills^ I will be getting resist to 55+ then will macro grind Magery ect..

Honestly cannot wait to get in field and pvp, I will need help to figure out some hot keys, magic trap bags hot keys... potions hotkeys.. food ect. I currently have spells + Dress/Arm and several others hot keyed. Just confused about some of the details.

I need some one like WAP to help grind out GM Resist, I will pay.
I won't do the resist GM until I get 55 from fire field and then after full GM of magery. Or what is advised by posters here.

Looking forward to battling with you all whom pvp.

Thanks for any advice given

morgan1109
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Fear Itself, Introduction and Status. [<EX] Extinction

Post by morgan1109 »

If you are going to pay fro a grinding session from WAP or similar, don't worry about getting resist to 55. It will only take like an additional 10-15 minutes to go from 30-55. Honestly anything under 80 resist grinds awesomely fast.
Thanks,

Eomin - Armsman
Varak - Treasure Hunter
Lorne - Scribe
Herm - Assassin

FearItself

Re: Fear Itself, Introduction and Status. [<EX] Extinction

Post by FearItself »

morgan1109 wrote:If you are going to pay fro a grinding session from WAP or similar, don't worry about getting resist to 55. It will only take like an additional 10-15 minutes to go from 30-55. Honestly anything under 80 resist grinds awesomely fast.
Good to know :) I think I'll have to go to rose for the resist if I go for Wyrms since WAP is short of stables ect...

Won't be long until my Hally Mage is complete and Fear is 7xgm.

Cannot wait to get owned in pvp the first time. Going to be fun >. <