Black Dye Tubs

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Ash
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Black Dye Tubs

Post by Ash »

Most people did have black dye tubs, I think it would be awesome to have it be unlimited charges.

Jaster

Post by Jaster »

One day as Mad Biker stepped out on the streets of Trinsic, he saw wondrous things: Almost everybody ran about dressed in the deepest black. It was a color that was so dark you even couldn't see shadows on it.
Some strange magic must have infected a dying tub and changed it's color to "True Black", as they called it. These tubs could be copied, and Mad Biker even saw people selling them for 8000 gold pieces!!! Everybody wanted to have a true black piece of clothing, they were mad for it and even paid money for dying.
Britannia looked like just one big funeral. Had everybody gone mad?
03/98

http://www.aschulze.net/ultima/stories/story38.htm

ClowN

Post by ClowN »

Jaster wrote:
One day as Mad Biker stepped out on the streets of Trinsic, he saw wondrous things: Almost everybody ran about dressed in the deepest black. It was a color that was so dark you even couldn't see shadows on it.
Some strange magic must have infected a dying tub and changed it's color to "True Black", as they called it. These tubs could be copied, and Mad Biker even saw people selling them for 8000 gold pieces!!! Everybody wanted to have a true black piece of clothing, they were mad for it and even paid money for dying.
Britannia looked like just one big funeral. Had everybody gone mad?
03/98

http://www.aschulze.net/ultima/stories/story38.htm

thanks for posting this. finally something in writing shows that black really wasnt all that rare. i played on chessy and it was very very common there

Jaster

Post by Jaster »

When they were first developed by the bug everyone wanted it ... but a few months down the road it was just like every other color. Then once they offered them as Christmas gifts that year, everyone had a black tub ... and still it wasn't black everywhere.

Pac

Post by Pac »

Ash wrote:Most people did have black dye tubs, I think it would be awesome to have it be unlimited charges.
They were one of the gifts Christmas 1998. Virtually anyone who played at the time got one then, and they did in fact have unlimited uses.

Edit: This reminds me, I think one of the other gifts that year was a spyglass (I remember them actually being labeled "an spyglass"), and for a while this was the only way to get one. I'm not sure that having characters start out with one is era-accurate.

ClowN

Post by ClowN »

bump for unlimited black dye!

d'Troyes
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by d'Troyes »

Was the black dye tub from today's Easter Gifts unlimited? I'm terrified to test it out.
"Everything is worth what its purchaser will pay for it." - Publilius Syrus (~100 BC)

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

sadly, it is

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

Safir
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Safir »

Aye, unlimited charges, but can be re-dyed into another color using regular dyes. So watch et.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

Post by RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR »

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR wrote:easy fix how about no furny tubs because there gay

and give out black dye tubs for christmas next year, but make sure that they can be dyed with normal dyes (if thats possible) that might make them somewhat valuable (if enough get ruined).

the only thing is people who spent there award points on dye tubs will be upset but who cares, isn't the fact that they had fun in the tourneys award enough? you cant always cater to everyone, and in time they will release it was best.
Hurray! My suggestion was accepted, I win the forums!

ClowN

Post by ClowN »

youre the shit derrick. thank you

Three Bones

Post by Three Bones »

ClowN wrote:youre the shit derrick. thank you
QFT

But not because of the Dye Tubs

Severity