Animal tamer

Moderator: Support Moderators

Mr.T

Re: Animal tamer

Post by Mr.T »

I may not know much about it but it seems like by taming polar bears and walruses at 50 you gainf aster than from taming snow leopards.. Right now i'm at 56.7 real skill and to me it seems that taming things you can tame easier give faster skill gains. That's just what it seems like can anyone say whether or not it's true or not?

Gereint

Post by Gereint »

Mr.T wrote:I may not know much about it but it seems like by taming polar bears and walruses at 50 you gainf aster than from taming snow leopards.. Right now i'm at 56.7 real skill and to me it seems that taming things you can tame easier give faster skill gains. That's just what it seems like can anyone say whether or not it's true or not?

I can say i was on ice island for 4 hours and gained .2 off white wolves. But I seem to gain faster from polar bears and snow leopards.

Mr.T

Post by Mr.T »

Exactly what I was thinking but than I got 59.1 and started on great harts and grizzlies and I was going up way faster...:P

Coffee
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Coffee »

Coming from someone that's still training, you will definitely notice slumps here and there. I've been hitting walls where I'll get very few gains (if any), and then all the sudden I'll get .5-1 off a single animal.

I remember when I hit the mark for white wolves, I gained almost a full point each on my first two. Then it was back to a string of no gains. So it goes.

Mr.T

Post by Mr.T »

Another question. How come I can't ride the llamas I tame?

Storm
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Storm »

Mr.T wrote:Another question. How come I can't ride the llamas I tame?
It has to be called 'a ridable llama' and they only spawn in t2a lands.
Revenge is a dish best served cold.

Mr.T

Post by Mr.T »

Storm wrote:
Mr.T wrote:Another question. How come I can't ride the llamas I tame?
It has to be called 'a ridable llama' and they only spawn in t2a lands.
O okay thanks

Mr.T

Post by Mr.T »

K so when you tame somehting after its released by someone else the level to tame it goes up by 6....Does that mean it will say you have no chance in taming it.....or you just won't be able to tame it? Because if it just won't let you tame it couldn't you get it pre tamed like 4 times and than macro over night trying to tame it?

Or do you not get stat gains if they are pre tamed above your level

Storm
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Storm »

Mr.T wrote:K so when you tame somehting after its released by someone else the level to tame it goes up by 6....Does that mean it will say you have no chance in taming it.....or you just won't be able to tame it? Because if it just won't let you tame it couldn't you get it pre tamed like 4 times and than macro over night trying to tame it?

If you have no chance to tame it, you will not get a gain off of it.

Mr.T

Post by Mr.T »

Storm wrote:
Mr.T wrote:K so when you tame somehting after its released by someone else the level to tame it goes up by 6....Does that mean it will say you have no chance in taming it.....or you just won't be able to tame it? Because if it just won't let you tame it couldn't you get it pre tamed like 4 times and than macro over night trying to tame it?

So it will come up with the message "you have no chance in taming it"?

Storm
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Storm »

Mr.T wrote:
Storm wrote:

So it will come up with the message "you have no chance in taming it"?
Not currently. I spoke to Derrick about this and I think it's on his to-do list.

Mr.T

Post by Mr.T »

So that means right now I could be taming something that's already been tamed and there's no way I'd get gains off of it?

Storm
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Storm »

Mr.T wrote:So that means right now I could be taming something that's already been tamed and there's no way I'd get gains off of it?
Correct.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

This will be fixed for tomorrow.

If you are below the absolute Min. Skill to tame a creature, you will get the "You have no chance of taming this creature." immediately upon targeting. If you are unable to tame him because of pre-tames, the same message will come after the taming attempt has completed.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Animal taming will now always tell you if you are not skilled enough to tame the creature. On creatures which had been pre-tamed there was previously a small void in which you could not tame, but would neither get a message letting you know that.
Patch 40 - June 24, 2008: Provo, Tracking, Combat