Furniture and black dye tubs.

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Flash Hardstar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Furniture and black dye tubs.

Post by Flash Hardstar »

Wanna sell that spear? :D
Red wrote:Kill Flash, and I'm going to bet that his loot is worth more than 2k.

Mirage
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mirage »

alatar wrote:
Jaster wrote:I left out the Item Bless Deed because it was said that it would not be put in the server. It is one thing to leave something out. It is another to add something in and edit the way it was.
Lol. You guys were talking about picking & choosing? If it's going to be 100% accurate then them item bless deeds are definatly coming. Can't wait to use my 25/vanq blessed long spear.
Uhm ok? lol......
Syntax of the Wolfpack (TW) - PVP Since 97'

alatar

Post by alatar »

Mirage wrote:
alatar wrote:
Jaster wrote:I left out the Item Bless Deed because it was said that it would not be put in the server. It is one thing to leave something out. It is another to add something in and edit the way it was.
Lol. You guys were talking about picking & choosing? If it's going to be 100% accurate then them item bless deeds are definatly coming. Can't wait to use my 25/vanq blessed long spear.
Uhm ok? lol......
Exactly. That's how I feel when everyone trips out about having era accuracy, just when it's something they would like to see implemented.
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

Mirage
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mirage »

alatar wrote:
Exactly. That's how I feel when everyone trips out about having era accuracy, just when it's something they would like to see implemented.
Exactly what? I said ok. I'm not tripping over it. I'm saying OK go ahead and lobby for it, I could give two fucks if you bless a spear for your towny, or a hally for your "pk'er".
Syntax of the Wolfpack (TW) - PVP Since 97'

Green Taylor

Post by Green Taylor »

Let it remain the same.

When the server comparisons are this big (I never even played OSI, but I know) It's not going to work putting unlimited charges, everyone on the street will have black stuff easy.

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

When did OSI first start introducing black dye tubs? I know that I personally got mine from an exploit back in the days of the Notoriety system. I wouldn't call items gained through exploits to be "era accurate".
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I think the first time they were handed out was Christmas '98

Teknix
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Teknix »

please keep the system the same (low charges)

what is the amount of charges on a furny dye tub?
chumbucket wrote:
GomerPyle wrote:chum RPs a thief
Roleplays?!?

DrFaustus
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DrFaustus »

5/20
Derrick wrote::cry: :( :o :lol: :roll: :wink:

Dreadnaught

Post by Dreadnaught »

Jaster wrote:Those trammel tubs came out during T2A ... learn your shit. kthx

The black dye tubs were during this age extreamly rare as they were made via a bug. The furny tubs were also rare in this period, as they were not vet rewards and took a bagillion cleanup brittannia points. So, in fact they are accurate in making black dyed things and furny died things a rare thing. And I think its great that way, it serves to make having such things special.

JBURNS
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by JBURNS »

I think what they are trying to say is that this shard is accurate in gameplay and economy. Sure some things may be different a bit but to recreate the experience, i.e. rares, they have to be. Yeah black tubs had unlimited charges on OSI but there were enough people that didnt have them that they were still fairly "rare". Not everyone had black clothes...Which is the same way it is now. In that sense it IS accurate. Black clothes had some value then and they have about the same value now. To me, that is accurate. Just my two cents :D

Jaster

Post by Jaster »

Black tubs even though created with a bug at first, became Christmas gifts that everyone had a chance to get, which was during T2A. The game was more about guilds wearing guild colors though, so people didn't always parade around in black clothing if they weren't incorporated into the guilds theme.

Furniture dye tubs were not as uncommon as you may believe. Sure it took a lot of ticket points, but their were still a lot around. The common newbie didn't own one, and they wouldn't own one here either. How many people honestly do you think farmed up 100k tickets and were gonna use them all on a furniture dye tub on this server? ... Sure a few people probably would have had a few, but with almost 300 active players on at a time, I bet less than 50 would actually own any ...

Sure you want to keep things rare, but we are talking about something that was given away to everyone during the era as a Christmas gift, and another item that only came out for the duration of Clean of Britannia. Want to keep the furniture tub rare? ... shouldn't offer it for trophy points then, and should made people spend their tickets on that tub if they wanted it instead of macroing for millions of neon hair dyes[which aren't rare], or tons of clothing bless deeds.

Kefka

Post by Kefka »

LOOPS

With all due respect...

Your dyed, newbied deer mask is totally not T2A accurate.

GMs, trash it now.

[00:43] <Hemperor> i like turtles

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

there was hued items during t2a, quest items ect. era accurate
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Jaster

Post by Jaster »

Kefka wrote:LOOPS

With all due respect...

Your dyed, newbied deer mask is totally not T2A accurate.

GMs, trash it now.
I'd give it back in a heart beat ... if everyone did ... don't matter to me ... i'd just use the trophy points [ which aren't accurate either] for something else

There was a Neon Red Mask from a Seer event on Atlantic called the "Enervate". Still exists in UO to this day [ no mods ]... same color as Choppa's Red Tribal.