In order to stay in compliance with the T2A era.....

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: In order to stay in compliance with the T2A era.....

Post by BlackFoot »

your a negative unproductive person jaster :/
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Faust

Post by Faust »

There has only been two highly populated UOR shards and three t2a.

IPY t2a - 3000>
DFI t2a - 500
DFI UOR - 700
RunUO t2a - 1000
RunUO UOR - 1000

Notice how many more t2a shards are on the list of the top 5 with the most highest populated servers in UO emulation history? Do you also notice the one t2a shard that has more than all of the others combined just about? I guarentee you that there are MUCH more people that want a replicated pre:uor server over a uor one any day. After all you are here playing a t2a shard instead of a UOR one? Right...

Jaster

Post by Jaster »

Sorry you feel that way BF. I just don't like people making arguments with me over something that wasn't even being stated. I'm just trying to make my point and support it as a suggestion and the fact that its being negatively shut down doesn't make me want to stop trying to get the point across, since obviously after a few replies from Faust, he still doesn't understand what myself and 2 other people have been explaining this this thread.

----------------------------------------------------

So this thread has turned into a statistics game? ... Of all of those shards, which ones are still around, and which one has the highest population? ...

----------------------------------------------------

Yes Faust, I am playing a T2A shard because I enjoy it, but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy UOR either. A good portion of the pvp population on UOSA has played every shard on your list, including myself ...

Faust

Post by Faust »

I comprehend what you and everyone else has said in this thread just fine. You're failing to comprehend the logic behind the nature of the shard and the discrepancies involved with this whole topic. Yes, I know dex based healing was added during t2a, but so were many other features that aren't here.

Please read this statement on the front part of our page "We aim to replicate the T2A era as best we can and within technical limitations as a whole." This includes replicating PVP. Okay, now let's take a quick quiz shall we?

Which answer below is true for replicating pvp in the t2a era?
A. No insta hit + Dex based healing + Pre casting
B. Insta hit + No Dex based healing + Pre casting
C. Insta hit + Dex based healing + Pre casting
D. None of the above.

Only one of these statements is true and follows the rules of operation for this server. Now one of these statements that would be false is what you've been insinuating during this entire discussion and in a number of countless other threads. Do you follow the inconsistancy yet? If we allowed this inconsistancy, than we must allow everyone elses proposal as well. This includes all other eras as well since we made the server inaccurate according to our rules of operation.

Xukluk Tuguznal

Post by Xukluk Tuguznal »

Faust wrote:Most UOR players believe it was AOS. Many others believe it was UOR. It is simple to clear this misconception up though. How many successful Pre:UOR shards have there been compared to UOR or later eras?

Discussion finished.

Faust> Sorry but it isn't that easy. Because what I said is backed by money. You can watch the subscription drop off the map after aos =/
Tforc YM wrote: if you are over 24 though do not apply because i dont like nerdy people who dont get there lifes past uo. also if you do not have a microphone or vent then i can not make you into a good player, sorry , dont apply.

Faust

Post by Faust »

I know there were more subscriptions during late UOR and during the early days of AOS. Why do you think this was the case though? The numbers sky rocketed soon as pre casting was reimplemented, and than during AOS statloss was removed. Both major mechanics of what do you know pre:uor. Subscribers peaked in July of 2003 and have been free falling ever since. I'm not really arguing the fact of subscribers. I'm arguing the fact that most players consider UOR as the end of the real UO.

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

I think you guys are being way to broad in your claims.

Was UO:R the downfall of UO? Perhaps. But you can't just say UO:R. I think if anything it was trammel specifically.

Did people get pissed at the combat changes, the weapon special abilities, and various other things? Nah, I doubt it. No more than they woulda complained about combat changes that occured during T2A.
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

Xukluk Tuguznal

Faust wrote:I know there were more subscriptions during late UOR and during the early days of AOS. Why do you think this was the case though? The numbers sky rocketed soon as pre casting was reimplemented, and than during AOS statloss was removed. Both major mechanics of what do you know pre:uor. Subscribers peaked in July of 2003 and have been free falling ever since. I'm not really arguing the fact of subscribers. I'm arguing the fact that most players consider UOR as the end of the real UO.
don't forget Dex based healing was in with Pre Casting. lol (Please don't target that statement Faust, I've left it alone after agreeing that Derrick changed it so it is what it is, It was merely a joke in this instance)

I know there are quite a few that consider UOR the death of UO. I wouldn't say most, but I would say quite a few. However, a lot of those same people would put it all on the fact that Trammel was introduced too. Which kinda defeats the point of your statement.
Tforc YM wrote: if you are over 24 though do not apply because i dont like nerdy people who dont get there lifes past uo. also if you do not have a microphone or vent then i can not make you into a good player, sorry , dont apply.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

UOR was the death of osi uo for me :<

Faust

Post by Faust »

The point of my statement was that UO peaked in subscribers when they started reimplementing pre:uor features. That tells me only one thing. That most people prefered mechanics before the game was ruined by OSI and the official death blow by the UOR publish.

Xukluk Tuguznal

Faust wrote:The point of my statement was that UO peaked in subscribers when they started reimplementing pre:uor features. That tells me only one thing. That most people prefered mechanics before the game was ruined by OSI and the official death blow by the UOR publish.

I understand what you're trying to say. But, when they reimplemented those features they also went to a item based pvp mech. So, You can't directly link subscribers to the Pre Uor features. It could have been the overwhelming amount of carebear features that was applied to fel at that time, or simple stuff..

There is no telling, and was no survey taken. So, to boldly go off overall numbers and coincidental timing is a big assumption.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

uo r was item based pvp

Faust

Post by Faust »

I go by the trends that I heard when each feature was introduced. The only time I seen veterans in mass mentioned trying UO again was due to the reimplementation of pre casting and the removal of statloss. Possibly a coincidence but unlikely. Pre casting was reimplemented before AOS by almost a year. I highly doubt this was just some coincidence that the subscribers peaked heavily out of no where soon as this publish hit. It is possible with the AOS release and the removal of statloss but not with pre casting publish.

Xukluk Tuguznal

Faust wrote:I go by the trends that I heard when each feature was introduced. The only time I seen veterans in mass mentioned trying UO again was due to the reimplementation of pre casting and the removal of statloss. Possibly a coincidence but unlikely. Pre casting was reimplemented before AOS by almost a year. I highly doubt this was just some coincidence that the subscribers peaked heavily out of no where soon as this publish hit. It is possible with the AOS release and the removal of statloss but not with pre casting publish.
What do you consider a 'mass of veterans?".

I will say this debate is pointless because UO is not dead. Though to us it is and thusly this whole debate should be "When did UO die for you?". Which makes it even more funny to debate it. Because we're debating opinions.

Faust

Post by Faust »

At the time of both of these features I was in touch with my old guild LoD of Baja, which is the largest and only lasting guild from UO on that server. I also had a chessy friend from my first t2a shard that was friends with a lot of the known chessy players/guilds. All of them at one time went back to try out both of the new features when they were added. There was a lot of hype included on the player run side when both of these were upcoming. It was obvious how disappointed everyone was when they realized EA is no different than when they ruined the game with the UOR publish. During these two events is the only time I ever seen anyone decide to go out and try UO on an EA server again in masses.