Horse Stamina *Updated 6/25/10*

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.

Should "All Follow Me" Refresh Mount Stamina Fully

Yes
66%
No
34%

Total votes: 73

Joueur Moyen

Re: Horse Stamina *Updated 6/25/10*

Post by Joueur Moyen »

Herod wrote:One problem with increasing the mount/unmount delay is that Razor makes it trivial to target the opponents horse in the blink of an eye.

In the old days they would have to target it manually, which at least represents a chance to pull it off. Here it would be almost impossible to refresh the mount with a delay, unless you are in town.

It's been a long time, but I don't recall the mount stamina issue to be as overbearing as it is here. So as far as "feel" goes, something is a little off.

H
It feels about right to me. I have one horse that might need to be made into dog food, and another I'm ready to enter into the Derby.

I haven't tested what happens after they are trained, but I'll get around to it.

Iced Earth

Post by Iced Earth »

It's getting better guys, but keep tweaking. Horse still has too much stride before he poops out. Needs to be about 6-8 screens less running.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Iced Earth wrote:It's getting better guys, but keep tweaking. Horse still has too much stride before he poops out. Needs to be about 6-8 screens less running.
It's funny, others report that they can only run two screens without their horse fatiguing.
I do highly recomend getting a new horse if they are tiring that quickly.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Madhatter

Post by Madhatter »

Well ok... but anyway if izual and iced say its not good for pvp it probably isn't or for balance in general. I take their word at high value when it comes to this. I shouldn't speculate so much since I have only run around in town for a few and at izuals house. Greyon... icq me 18006856 say whats up. Anyway Izual hop on icq when you can need to do like two things with your help and I am ready.
Last edited by Kaivan on Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: language (again)

Boudoir

Post by Boudoir »

I do highly recomend getting a new horse if they are tiring that quickly.
That's true. My old horse got tired each 2 screens. The new one can run a long distance.

I was crying at the beggining about it, but now that's ok. Great patch !

Kelektra
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kelektra »

Side note:

I have been doing the dismount "all follow me" mount thing. Even have a nice little razor macro set up so its not the big of a deal but since the patch i have had two horses go wild on me. I have always on occassion fed my horse and never had one get untamed (these are all purchased horses) prior to the patch.

Anyone else had this happen to them?
Shards Only T-Map Validation System viewtopic.php?f=33&t=24446

Faust

Post by Faust »

Giving a command to your pet will speed up the decay rate for their loyalty if I am not mistaken.

Probably what is happening.

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

Faust wrote:Giving a command to your pet will speed up the decay rate for their loyalty if I am not mistaken.

Probably what is happening.
Its probably happening too quickly tho. A fresh horse will buckle after only a few times.
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Probably not a factor with one's mount, but don't forget that when you stable a creature, it's loyalty stays where it was pre-stable. It doesn't reset to Wonderfully Happy.

Someone with a tamer and a non-tamer needs to do some testing with the non-tamer commanding a horse and the tamer Animal Loring it each time.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

I remember doing this alot in t2a...

but I noticed you run out of stamina pretty fast doing this here. Should the stamina drain like this, I honestly don't remember it.

Pro

Post by Pro »

woooooooooh spinning

Snowman

Post by Snowman »

Quick question.. has anyone noticed this changed the stamina on mares and ostards as well? I thought the whole point was that they were supposed to last longer. I just fatigued a mare rather quickly...

I am not a huge fan of this patch and while I remember mounts fatiguing it was not to this degree.
New Vent Info:
IP:uosa.puddleboy.com
port:4490
Need a channel? Fill out the information here: http://secondage.puddleboy.com

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Snowman wrote:I am not a huge fan of this patch and while I remember mounts fatiguing it was not to this degree.
I was actually of the opposite opinion, during UO:R I distinctly recall running from brit bank to brit GY quite often and the horse fatiguing. Of course the moment I logged on post-patch here, I ran my horse around Del twice before fatiguing it. Though this can be attributed to my horse having a "high roll" of stamina.

I also had a tamer during UO:R, mares could run quite a distance but they weren't totally godly or anything. I'd estimate 2-3x as far as a horse. Should be evident by looking at the stam figures on a mare (excluding natural stam regen).
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I just fixed the mounts who were stamina nerfed.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Freeza

Post by Freeza »

MatronDeWinter wrote:Well, don't take what I said as "If you keep this then you have to add dupe bug!!". It was not an "IM SO FRUSTRATED" post, I simply meant that you should not automatically rule out discluding things just because they are "accurate". (That is NOT to say that the inverse of that is true, I do not think we should include things that are not accurate)
Did you just make that word up????
Markmosthandsome wrote:
Finesse wrote:-f- disbanded no comment.
lol wtf I'm in the guild and Idk what's going on....

<Pristiq> Shut up prodigy you anti-intellectual simian.