MIB rate is really bad

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: MIB rate is really bad

Post by MatronDeWinter »

If you are trolling over the resource grid (or however it is organized now) at a rate where you (or all 3) are constantly fishing and never casting into an empty resource pool, then you should pull 1 (or 3) mibs per hour on average. If you fish up the area, and keep tossing out failed casts, it probably will decrease your average.

Zeppelin
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Zeppelin »

MatronDeWinter wrote:If you are trolling over the resource grid (or however it is organized now) at a rate where you (or all 3) are constantly fishing and never casting into an empty resource pool, then you should pull 1 (or 3) mibs per hour on average. If you fish up the area, and keep tossing out failed casts, it probably will decrease your average.
Very interesting. I will explain my method. It's simple, really. My macro looks like this:

select fishing rod
wait for target (1 s. delay)
target reloc (x,y)
If sysmessage "the fish don't seem"
say: forward one
end if

I fished for ~4.5 hours last night, and pulled 1 mib. I'm intrigued as to what I am doing wrong?

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

You need to toss the line in, wait a bit, and then fish again.

You are doing the same thing Darkwing was. Read up a few posts and look at the delay information. You have to cast and wait like 8s or so.

Zeppelin
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Zeppelin »

MatronDeWinter wrote:You need to toss the line in, wait a bit, and then fish again.

You are doing the same thing Darkwing was. Read up a few posts and look at the delay information. You have to cast and wait like 8s or so.
Thanks, I will try this and report back on the method.