What the hell is up with DP and store bought cures

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Sandro

Re: What the hell is up with DP and store bought cures

Post by Sandro »

nickhimself wrote:
Biohazard wrote:
Stranger wrote:Rofl, I pointed this out a bunch of times but no one listens to me. No way in hell did you ever fizzle recall with gm magery.
It's cause half of you can't handle razor and uo in conjunction. Try not using razor and i guarantee you will never fizzle recall.
You guarantee? My F11 is UO threaded for recall, F12 is a razor macro to recall and target a rune. I tried recalling one time out of Britain with F11 and fizzled. Nothing is ever equipped in my hands, so that sure wasn't the case.

How can you guarantee something when you're wrong about its efficacy?
This happened because Razor tried to perform multiple actions with a cursor up. It is physically impossible to fizzle recall at 100 magery, you simply used the program wrong. You can fizzle ANY spell with razor targeting, that's why I don't use razor to do my targeting?
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

nickhimself

Post by nickhimself »

You obviously didn't read a single word that I wrote.

F11 (Recall) is used through the UO macro system. I fizzled Recall using F11. Whether you think it's impossible or not is inconsequential, as I did, in fact, fizzle Recall with GM Magery while using a UO macro, not a Razor macro.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

nickhimself wrote:You obviously didn't read a single word that I wrote.

F11 (Recall) is used through the UO macro system. I fizzled Recall using F11. Whether you think it's impossible or not is inconsequential, as I did, in fact, fizzle Recall with GM Magery while using a UO macro, not a Razor macro.
You did not fizzle the spell. You perform an action while trying to cast the spell which resulted in a spell failure. Such as trying to cast a spell with a weapon equipped. I won't fault you for not knowing what you're talking about.. Although I really should...
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

nickhimself

Post by nickhimself »

Holy shit, you really don't get it, do you?

My main is a Bard. He never has anything equipped in his hands. I wasn't trying to do anything else, either. F11 casts Recall and it's run through UO. That's it.

I pressed F11, targeted my rune, and fizzled.

THE SPELL FIZZLED

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

nickhimself wrote:Holy shit, you really don't get it, do you?

My main is a Bard. He never has anything equipped in his hands. I wasn't trying to do anything else, either. F11 casts Recall and it's run through UO. That's it.

I pressed F11, targeted my rune, and fizzled.

THE SPELL FIZZLED
So, when an admin states to you that you cannot fizzle recall, will you argue with him. Your ignorance is outstanding. You don't understand the mechanics at all, do you?

Either you have insufficient magery to cast the spell without fizzling, or you performed an action which the system would recognize as not allowing you to cast the spell, which would result in a "fizzle" effect.

Once again, the "fizzle" had nothing to do with your skill in magery, only the actions you performed while trying to cast the spell. Some people just can't handle razor I guess.. :lol:

nickhimself

Post by nickhimself »

Holy shit. Again. It was not being handled by Razor. Period.

Read that again. It was not being handled by Razor. I'll go ahead and copy that for you some more. It was not being handled by Razor.It was not being handled by Razor.It was not being handled by Razor.It was not being handled by Razor.It was not being handled by Razor.It was not being handled by Razor.It was not being handled by Razor.It was not being handled by Razor.It was not being handled by Razor.It was not being handled by Razor.It was not being handled by Razor.It was not being handled by Razor.It was not being handled by Razor.It was not being handled by Razor.It was not being handled by Razor.It was not being handled by Razor.It was not being handled by Razor.It was not being handled by Razor.It was not being handled by Razor.

I wasn't doing anything else. I wasn't moving, I wasn't dragging items. I was trying to cast Recall.

Whether you refuse to believe me or not makes no difference to the reality of what happened.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

nickhimself wrote:F12 is a razor macro to recall and target a rune

Caswallon
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Caswallon »

Sandra clearly cannot read:
My F11 is UO threaded for recall
F12 is a razor macro to recall and target a rune
I tried recalling one time out of Britain with F11 and fizzled
F11 is UO threaded
F11
And it is possible to fizzle recall, you have a 99% success chance once past 70.1 magery, which is not 100% is it? So fizzle is possible then isnt it. lrn2read?
?

Duul al'Vath
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Duul al'Vath »

Perhaps someone could clean up the recall fizzling out of this topic?

I am wondering about this. If store bought cures can cure DP easily then I don't need to even worry about making a bunch of Greater Cure kegs to sell.
I could stock 1 or 2 and a few regular cure kegs for people "in the know".
What kind of success rate do you get against DP with the store bought cures?
Last edited by Duul al'Vath on Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thelonious Black and Otmar the Mad of the UBB
Arms & Armor by Thelonious Black

nickhimself

Post by nickhimself »

Duul al'Vath wrote:Perhaps someone could clean up the recall fizzling out of this topic?

I am wondering about this. If store bought recalls can cure DP easily then I don't need to even worry about making a bunch of Greater Cure kegs to sell.
I could stock 1 or 2 and a few regular cure kegs for people "in the know".
What kind of success rate do you get against DP with the store bought cures?

Biohazard
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Biohazard »

nickhimself wrote:You obviously didn't read a single word that I wrote.

you found the magic way to fizzle when you shouldnt. congrats

i havent fizzled anything like that ever

nickhimself

Post by nickhimself »

Most haven't. You have a 99% chance to cast 4th at gm magery.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

nickhimself wrote:Most haven't. You have a 99% chance to cast 4th at gm magery.
Try opening your runebook, clicking the recall Icon to anywhere you'd like to go, then re-open your runebook before the spell goes off. FIZZLE!!?!?? EVERYTIME?!?

Can't believe you still think this is a bug.

Orsi

Post by Orsi »

At GM Magery, nothing is 100% guaranteed success. It is possible to fizzle any spell, although it is highly unlikely for lower levels.

nickhimself

Post by nickhimself »

Orsius wrote:At GM Magery, nothing is 100% guaranteed success. It is possible to fizzle any spell, although it is highly unlikely for lower levels.