Maybe UOSA Spell disrupt values are incorrect

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Maybe UOSA Spell disrupt values are incorrect

Post by Hemperor »

Kraarug wrote:I think we would noticed and complained in 1999 with the number of recalls that targets get off. That's a big "sign" to me that one player was able to disrupt another.

The number of recalls I've seen under direct and even multiple melee attack suggest that something may be a miss.
I personally haven't seen any no-interrupt melee hits since the double check for interrupts was added (some months ago), is this what you are talking about?

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Hemperor wrote:
Kraarug wrote:I think we would noticed and complained in 1999 with the number of recalls that targets get off. That's a big "sign" to me that one player was able to disrupt another.

The number of recalls I've seen under direct and even multiple melee attack suggest that something may be a miss.
I personally haven't seen any no-interrupt melee hits since the double check for interrupts was added (some months ago), is this what you are talking about?
I concur with this. I fought a lot of people here, all of them after that change, and never once saw a weapon hit fail to disrupt. Granted I was almost always using a nice power or vanq kryss with 100 Anatomy too, but still... the kryss has a very wide damage range on it and I never saw someone cast through my hit.

Faust

Post by Faust »

The double check bug present in the OSI code on disrupts has pretty much wiped any substantial issues surrounding spell interruption away completely. If you take into consideration of the fact that a 0 damage rate on a GM mage casting a 4th circle spell is a given 66-67% instead of 45ish percent interrupt chance there is no wonder. The more higher that damage gets the higher that percent increases. I can see why people were very upset about spell interruption before this discovery was found surrounding the mechanic. I can't see why anyone would be now days though. The interruption is pretty much guarenteed for the majority of spells in the mid to upper range level for spells. This just prevents the lame lower circle debuff and repeat tactic non-stop like on other crappy shards.