Healing up for discussion?

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
poogoblin

Re: Healing up for discussion?

Post by poogoblin »

Ah ok, if this was out of T2A era then nm, I thought this was in T2A just later than our specified Nov '99, which if was the case should maybe be looked on again for balance issues.

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

I'm sorry, I've implied my my definition of T2A here.

I consider anything after 1999 to basically be UO:R or at least UO:R prep. However, dex based healing wasn't exactly a UO:R launch addition, it came about on 2.23.00 and thus, is still technically T2A.

http://wiki.uosecondage.com/?title=Ulti ... 02/23/2000
Dexterity and Healing

In an effort to balance the Healing skill with other methods of healing damage (such as healing potions and the greater heal spell), dexterity will affect the delay for healing and the penalty for finger slips while healing.

* The higher a character’s dexterity, the less time it will take to complete a heal.
* The amount of healing a character loses due to a finger slip will be reduced with a higher dexterity.

These changes are true for healing both yourself and other players.
Pre-Casting was removed the patch before on 1.24.00.

http://wiki.uosecondage.com/?title=Ulti ... 01/24/2000
Pre-casting

The bug involving the ability to “pre-cast” spells and then use or take items will be fixed. After casting a spell, the targeting cursor will disappear if the player does any of the following:

* Equips or unequips an item.
* Takes an item.
* Drags an item from their backpack.

SirEricKain
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by SirEricKain »

Kraarug wrote:I'm sorry, I've implied my my definition of T2A here.

I consider anything after 1999 to basically be UO:R or at least UO:R prep. However, dex based healing wasn't exactly a UO:R launch addition, it came about on 2.23.00 and thus, is still technically T2A.

http://wiki.uosecondage.com/?title=Ulti ... 02/23/2000
Dexterity and Healing

In an effort to balance the Healing skill with other methods of healing damage (such as healing potions and the greater heal spell), dexterity will affect the delay for healing and the penalty for finger slips while healing.

* The higher a character’s dexterity, the less time it will take to complete a heal.
* The amount of healing a character loses due to a finger slip will be reduced with a higher dexterity.

Pre-Casting was removed the patch before on 1.24.00.

http://wiki.uosecondage.com/?title=Ulti ... 01/24/2000
Pre-casting

The bug involving the ability to “pre-cast” spells and then use or take items will be fixed. After casting a spell, the targeting cursor will disappear if the player does any of the following:

* Equips or unequips an item.
* Takes an item.
* Drags an item from their backpack.

I'd like to request a motion on this change, having only played a week this is not the T2A I remember, judging by the pvp statistics of this server I am quite certain that at GM Healing/Anatomy failing in 3-4 hits and healing poison in 18 seconds is not quite era accurate... I do remember mages being able to heal through posion and warriors not being able to, I just don't recall a massive warrior handicap when t2a came out.
Sir Eric Kain,
King of Shadowmire

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Probably wasnt so apparent when everything else moved so slow, and pvp was much slower paced. I really dont see how this is being argued anymore.

That being said, healing kicks butt here. You just have to use trap pouches or something to preemptively apply a bandage, and be good at judging when you are going to need the heal.

Faust

Post by Faust »

SirEricKain wrote: I'd like to request a motion on this change, having only played a week this is not the T2A I remember, judging by the pvp statistics of this server I am quite certain that at GM Healing/Anatomy failing in 3-4 hits and healing poison in 18 seconds is not quite era accurate... I do remember mages being able to heal through posion and warriors not being able to, I just don't recall a massive warrior handicap when t2a came out.
Really old discussion that has been confirmed numerous times.
New tinkering menu, pets, auto-stacking, and more. May 25 1999 9:41AM CST - http://wiki.uosecondage.com/?title=1999_Patch_Notes wrote: Healing
Healing delays have been adjusted:
Healing someone else now takes 5 seconds. Healing yourself still takes 15 seconds.
Curing poison on someone else now takes 6 seconds. Curing it on yourself still takes 18 seconds.
The delay for resurrecting with the healing skill is now ten seconds.
Healing was never touched again until here...
Server Publish Feb 23 2000 10:22AM CST - http://wiki.uosecondage.com/?title=2000_Patch_Notes wrote:Dexterity and Healing

The higher a character’s dexterity, the less time it will take to complete a heal.
The amount of healing a character loses due to a finger slip will be reduced with a higher dexterity.
This patch is past our target frame.