Whats the best build for a dexxer pvp?

Topics related to Second Age
AshBorn
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Whats the best build for a dexxer pvp?

Post by AshBorn »

Dunder Mifflin Inc wrote: You can steal with both hands equipped
Wow ok then. Sounds like a pretty good 7th skill in that case.

Rammar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Rammar »

Not one person mentioned tracking... wtf.

Ragancy
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ragancy »

Rammar wrote:Not one person mentioned tracking... wtf.
Good point. I have tracking on all my PKs. My blues/oranges - not so much.
**Edit** If someone says you dont even need good armor to run a pvp dexxer, you can pretty much surmise that person has never played as a dexxer and probably never pvped against a good one either. You need every advantage you can get as a dexxer, and you should spend a lot more time and money gearing up compared to a tank mage.
IMO, though it helps, you don't need good armor. You just need to have a lot of purples and a good one handed weapon. Wearing a cheap protection item (you'll be at ~40 ar with GM armor) is more than enough.

If we're talking about lame dexer vs. dexer fights, then yea, whoever has the best AR and weapon usually wins.

Recipe to destroy most mages on this shard in four simple steps:
1) cast RA
2) follow mage
3) throw purples constantly
4) always keep a bandage ticking

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

Parry on a dexer is better than magery. Keeps you offensive because you're taking less damage from Hally swings and can still hit with a 1 hander and throw purples. Just have to know when to toggle it off and on
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.
Budner wrote:Your sig lets everyone know what an arrogant prick you are.

Onslaught-

Post by Onslaught- »

Ragancy wrote:IMO, though it helps, you don't need good armor. You just need to have a lot of purples and a good one handed weapon. Wearing a cheap protection item (you'll be at ~40 ar with GM armor) is more than enough.

If we're talking about lame dexer vs. dexer fights, then yea, whoever has the best AR and weapon usually wins.

Recipe to destroy most mages on this shard in four simple steps:
1) cast RA
2) follow mage
3) throw purples constantly
4) always keep a bandage ticking
You over simplifying how to play a dexxer is a clear indication that you have no idea how to play a dexxer. Everything you've said just couldn't be more wrong. It's the same as me giving advice on how to play a tank mage:

"You just cast explode, then ebolt, and hit them with your hally. It's not rocket science, it's so easy."

You do need good armor. Good armor on a dexxer is the difference between 40+ point hally hits and 10 point hally hits. It matters.

Onslaught-

Post by Onslaught- »

Malaikat wrote:Parry on a dexer is better than magery. Keeps you offensive because you're taking less damage from Hally swings and can still hit with a 1 hander and throw purples. Just have to know when to toggle it off and on
You will simply die over and over again to tank mages if you don't have magery.

Onslaught-

Post by Onslaught- »

Rammar wrote:Not one person mentioned tracking... wtf.
I have tracking on my PK dexxers. It's just not a good stat for "normal" characters.

Onslaught-

Post by Onslaught- »

JBURNS wrote:I disagree wholeheartedly about parry being a viable skill in a pvp build.
Your video was that of some random guy who had no idea what he was doing. He didn't use cure potions, he probably had horrible gear, he clearly was not equipped and you're using it as an example to try and show why "parry is bad"?

In the hands of an experienced player, parry can be a viable option is all I'm saying. Your examples are horrible.

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

Onslaught- wrote:
Malaikat wrote:Parry on a dexer is better than magery. Keeps you offensive because you're taking less damage from Hally swings and can still hit with a 1 hander and throw purples. Just have to know when to toggle it off and on
You will simply die over and over again to tank mages if you don't have magery.
Lol. Maybe you just suck at bandage and potion timers. I've never had more than 35 magery on my dexer, and my kill shot thread speaks for itself.

Magery is a complete waste on a dexer without eval, and even worse on a toon with no eval and no wrestle. Figure out how to time bandages and use items in order to earn back those 100 skill points.
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.

JBURNS
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by JBURNS »

I do not agree that parry is useful in a high end pvp build, but that's okay. You are playing your char the way you want. If you are killing people and having fun, then it's correct for you. I also think magery is paramount to success if you're fighting a mage. There is no reason to act like children here...I think one thing we can all agree on is there is no "best dexxer build." It all depends on your fighting style, how much gp you're willing to gamble with, where/who you're fighting (tourny vs war guild fielding vs pking), and how much time you have to put into your character's creation. I respect both of your opinions and both of you have the kill shots to back it up, as do I, but to sit there and say "you're dead wrong about this build" is absurd. To the OP of this post: Read everyone's opinion carefully and decide what you think would be the most fun. Then try it. If you don't like it, try another build. /Thread

Ohm
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ohm »

3-way dexer grudge match!

Winner has best template
[22:31:51] <wintergate> Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Onslaught-

Post by Onslaught- »

Malaikat wrote:Magery is a complete waste on a dexer without eval, and even worse on a toon with no eval and no wrestle. Figure out how to time bandages and use items in order to earn back those 100 skill points.
This quote alone just says so much about you and your inability to play this game.

Ragancy
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ragancy »

Onslaught- wrote: You over simplifying how to play a dexxer is a clear indication that you have no idea how to play a dexxer. Everything you've said just couldn't be more wrong. It's the same as me giving advice on how to play a tank mage:

"You just cast explode, then ebolt, and hit them with your hally. It's not rocket science, it's so easy."

You do need good armor. Good armor on a dexxer is the difference between 40+ point hally hits and 10 point hally hits. It matters.
With RA you don't get 40 HP hally hits even when you have 0 AR. RA, protection item + GM Armor you can do just fine. I admit good armor does help reduce any risk of dying 1v1.

I think you guys are trying to make the case for the completely unbeatable, no-point-in-fighting dexer. If that's the case, then sure, you need full invuln and reflect.

Vlastslav
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Vlastslav »

Stop thinking of 7 GM skills and start thinking of 9. Its is the magic number.

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

Onslaught- wrote:
This quote alone just says so much about you and your inability to play this game.
Heh. It's funny that you would say that because people still talk about how bad ass my dexer is, and I haven't played that toon seriously since 2011. The entire shard will attest that I've always been a better dexer than you, and I'm a way better mage than I am a dexer...

So I'm better than you at your own game but I have the added bonus of not being horribly one dimensional. But yeah, I can't play. You nailed it.