Dragons & Reds

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
hai t2a

Re: Dragons & Reds

Post by hai t2a »

Kefka wrote:Hemp,

both kavian and faust have already aknowledged that wyrms should move quite a bit faster than they currently do.

this really isnt up for debate.
On another note, T2A creatures weren't able to be brought over to the old lands normally...I haven't been able to find a single T2A screenshot that had a WW in the old lands.

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

hai t2a wrote:
Kefka wrote:Hemp,

both kavian and faust have already aknowledged that wyrms should move quite a bit faster than they currently do.

this really isnt up for debate.
On another note, T2A creatures weren't able to be brought over to the old lands normally...I haven't been able to find a single T2A screenshot that had a WW in the old lands.
I do remember people bringing WWs to the mainland (perhaps through a bug), people who didn't have the T2A client installed saw a true black colored dragon instead (the WW hues weren't part of the original release I guess).

I don't have a preference with this type of update, as long as the facts are applied, I'm happy with seeing, or not seeing, WWs & Mares in Britannia
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Kefka

Post by Kefka »

Wrong again, there was a way to bring all t2a creatures over to the main lands.

[00:43] <Hemperor> i like turtles

hai t2a

Post by hai t2a »

Kefka wrote:

Kefka

Post by Kefka »

So you're admitting there was a way to bring them over, then why do you even MENTION not being able to find any screenshots?

der....i know they exisited in the normal lands, but i couldnt find any screenshots derr i dont know why i'm even mentioning the screenshot thing derrrrrrrrrrr but i enjoy typing so i am derrrrrrrrrr

derrrp

hai t2a

Post by hai t2a »

Kefka wrote:

So you're admitting there was a way to bring them over, then why do you even MENTION not being able to find any screenshots?

der....i know they exisited in the normal lands, but i couldnt find any screenshots derr i dont know why i'm even mentioning the screenshot thing derrrrrrrrrrr but i enjoy typing so i am derrrrrrrrrr

derrrp
I am just showing that it was hardly common at all, so however they were brought over, it couldn't have been that easy.

Think for once.

Kefka

Post by Kefka »

I am just showing that it was hardly common at all, so however they were brought over, it couldn't have been that easy.

Think for once.
How about you try being clear for once? wait, that takes a little intelligence....:(

There were a lot more people that farmed on OSI. The servers had 10 times more people, but they had the same amount of hunting spots as we do. There were almost ALWAYS people eving/killing the white wyrm back in the day, so tamers had few chances to tame them.

Think for once.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Please keep your suggestions and comments useful, respectful and civil.

Ethereal

Post by Ethereal »

Funny how the majority of changes on this shard happen when someone gets pissed off enough over someones advantage over them then goes on a stratics and uo update archive hunt to find something to disadvantage those players.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Ethereal wrote:Funny how the majority of changes on this shard happen when someone gets pissed off enough over someones advantage over them then goes on a stratics and uo update archive hunt to find something to disadvantage those players.
Indeed. While all research is appreciated this can be what motivates a lot of it. From my perspective, I'm glad that we can correct what we can and am glad of any findings regardless of the motivation behind it. I do try very hard though when making corrections not to drive em in blind to what other possible current inaccuracies exist. Which is why we haven't made all of the taming changes yet; I'm looking to make sure all our cards are in order before implementing any of this.

Jaster

Post by Jaster »

Ethereal wrote:Funny how the majority of changes on this shard happen when someone gets pissed off enough over someones advantage over them then goes on a stratics and uo update archive hunt to find something to disadvantage those players.

You can't expect people to enjoy a certain feature and be like ...

"DERRICK, PLEASE CHANGE THIS... ITS TOOOOOOOO GOOD. I AM HAVING SO MUCH FUN THAT YOU NEED TO FIX THIS." ...

It just doesn't happen like that.

Kefka

Post by Kefka »

actually, i usually recommend changes if they aren't t2a accurate, whether they are good or not.

Ethereal

Post by Ethereal »

Indeed.
Let us not forget that not EVERY single change that OSI did during t2a was not a good decision.

Faust

Post by Faust »

You have to take the good with the bad when making a t2a replica.

Red

Post by Red »

The earlier quote regarding the fire breathers suggests that scorpions names were red.
I seem to remember other monsters that were red too. Orcs perhaps? I know that orcs were red in Beta.