Five Years of Ultima Online: The Second Age (200k+ contest)

Topics related to Second Age
Alex21
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Five Years of Ultima Online: The Second Age (100k conte

Post by Alex21 »

chumbucket wrote:
Bee wrote:Yeah, I don't really have a problem with any of the cogs and wheels of in game mechanics. But when things like frequent events get taken out I become a bit sad. I for one miss the days when there would be an invasion every second weekend and some sort of staff organised role playing things like a bank robbery with a series of clues to find the perpetrator or a rise in the population of a particular creature in a given dungeon.

You say you miss all of the events that used to go on, and a lot of the server agrees with you. But my question to everyone that has that complaint is simple.

Would you still attend all of the events if there was no reward for winning? No trophys, no silver , nothing but an announcement that ( insert name here) won the tournament.??

If the answer is no, then you have nothing at all to complain about because the truth of the matter is you only attended because of the reward, not the in game interaction.
Not to pick on you specifically, but can we make this thread less a heated discussion of how the shard is ran, a topic for which there are many threads, and more a discussion of what is awesome about UOSA?[/quote]

I would never attend all of the events, I don't have that kind of time. But before they got popular the reward was trivial and the trophies were not worth anything, I am not sure why the trophies were suddenly worth something actually... The point is events were fun despite the reward, the only problem with events I had was that they started doing more tournaments then anything else due to the popular demand of a few.
The First Player Of UO Second Age.

Elph

Re: Five Years of Ultima Online: The Second Age (200k+ cont

Post by Elph »

I really enjoy playing the game Ultima Online on the UOSA server.

Also, I'm hosting a 50/50 raffle that will be drawn on New Years Eve. The pot is up to 100k, and the numbers are only 5k a piece. Half of the gold will be destroyed by trashbarrel in a public event afterwards.

Kander
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kander »

Arrr I know for sure PoD has had alot of great times. Every thing from fighting IDOCs from ships killing 1000s of miners and fishermen. Hosting a few pvp events. I really enjoyed the event when the URKs took over Minoc and we helped them by fighting on their side off our ships and a few ground crews. Also when we had about a 3 week long war with DG. I just wished we kept a count of how much ore we kept off the market from pesky afkers.

[08:52] <Spitfire|work> chain knows, he's cleaned more houses than that erotic maid service

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hoots »

testuseraccount wrote:Sorry chum, I agree with the first bit; but its the community thats slowly destroying the shard.

Derrick and the staff rocks, but the UOSA community is rotten at its core.
Era Accurate!

Arsen
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Arsen »

fatty mike and his bloody ore rofl
[22:00:50] <@Dupre> arsen isnt raging, hes jsut german, it just sounds taht way
[22:00:58] <@Dupre> hes actually very calm and gentle
[22:03:54] <@Dupre> arsen is also the best player here

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

Let me add a few things:

Fun with B-D: Was fun time. I made a point, everyday, of looking around for B-D members. This was a large, rich guild of players who frequented Vesper bank, which I also frequent. They were generally not happy to see me, but were never too terrible in the style of a LEETPVPer. So I stuck to harassing them in my usual way: I stole one of their castles, I looted a few of their houses, I proclaimed my internet love for one of their members Calista, merely based on the fact that she and Kyfus, who I gathered was her husband, seemed to particularly not like me. Alas, I ended up finding her macro mining from inside a house up near the orc fort and had to report her! I believe Kyfus still plays, but I haven't seen her in ages. Who can forget the great Calista loves chumbucket haiku contest?!

The Player Meltdowns: I probably shouldn't enjoy this as much as I do, but a number of players have totally flipped out on the forums. Some due in part to cA provocation, some were just special. Josh Lee, Wise, Brules, Darkwing, Thraximus Zog, Telamon, Light Shade, the entire -F- guild, Conan and Teph. Alas, some of this has just been too much, and I now have a permanent ignore policy for anyone showing tendencies towards this! Makes my forum experience easier if slightly less amusing.

Matron Yoinked MyKeep: Matron stole -F-'s keep. -F- quit. Someone gave them a new keep to come back for pvp. They now go by the name mYm, but aren't seen too often. I never tire of making the occasional post in the mYm forums or elsewhere they might say reminding them of this.

Plotting: One last thing. I really enjoy the brainstorming sessions cA has #ca and in cA's private forums. We bounce a lot of crazy ideas around, and it is always hilarious to see what people come up with.

Populus

Post by Populus »

I had to go find this again - http://vimeo.com/11760749

Absolutely hilarious. I think War on Trammel part 3 is my favorite Tale of Adventure.
ImageImageImage
[cA]

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

chumbucket wrote:The Player Meltdowns: I probably shouldn't enjoy this as much as I do, but a number of players have totally flipped out on the forums. Some due in part to cA provocation, some were just special. Josh Lee, Wise, Brules, Darkwing, Thraximus Zog, Telamon, Light Shade, the entire -F- guild, Conan and Teph. Alas, some of this has just been too much, and I now have a permanent ignore policy for anyone showing tendencies towards this! Makes my forum experience easier if slightly less amusing.
Since chum decided to call me out. He has me on ignore, hence him not accepting my offer of prizes for this contest, because I was very strong in my disagreement with the Staff on the LoS issue. It is also just as mature as any 'supposed' meltdown that I had. Chumbucket is one of the people that never questions the staff, and that is okay. It takes all kinds. I'll be honest. I used to think chumbucket was a good guy and supported many of his 'bardic' tales, but I saw how he would willfilly ignore years of someone helping out this shard, helping its players, and donating over a singular discussion with the staff that NEVER even made it to the Trash Talk forums. This is simply petty. I now know that he's far from a good guy despite his public persona.

I still donate. I still help new players. I still upvote Derrick, Braden, and Kaivan when they say stuff I like. I still tell them when I disagree. I still disagree with the LoS change.

I don't ignore people like a child, though.

-L/S
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

Populus wrote:I had to go find this again - http://vimeo.com/11760749

Absolutely hilarious. I think War on Trammel part 3 is my favorite Tale of Adventure.
Yeah, I have that link saved in my favorites. Funny stuff. :D

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

Light Shade wrote: Since chum decided to call me out. He has me on ignore, hence him not accepting my offer of prizes for this contest, because I was very strong in my disagreement with the Staff on the LoS issue. It is also just as mature as any 'supposed' meltdown that I had. Chumbucket is one of the people that never questions the staff, and that is okay. It takes all kinds. I'll be honest. I used to think chumbucket was a good guy and supported many of his 'bardic' tales, but I saw how he would willfilly ignore years of someone helping out this shard, helping its players, and donating over a singular discussion with the staff that NEVER even made it to the Trash Talk forums. This is simply petty. I now know that he's far from a good guy despite his public persona.

I still donate. I still help new players. I still upvote Derrick, Braden, and Kaivan when they say stuff I like. I still tell them when I disagree. I still disagree with the LoS change.

-L/S
COLOR ME SHOCKED!!!!!
Est Sularus oth Mithas

applejack
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by applejack »

As today is actually my third year since I started on UOSA... it seems weird to me that I have now been here a majority of the time. In my mind, I still always feel new. Maybe because there are so many people who were playing before I started that are still here. That is awesome. My best memories here without a doubt were when the cA stealth archers were rolling strong, taking full advantage of non era-accurate mechanics. I've never laughed so hard playing any game as I did some of the times we went out. People kept accusing us of being 'bots' using system commands to synch attacks which was so funny because most people including myself were just manually double clicking people as whoever was leading the mission declared 'fire' in guild chat. Sometimes there were only a couple of us... a few times there were more than ten. Trapping people as we stood in two invisible lines at the Destard entrance and watched them be confused as 8 archers revealed and insta-killed them. Hanging out at $$$ tower thwarting their reveal bots. I remember one time we killed Eric Kain's treasure hunter there and melted down in IRC, demanding his stuff back and threatening to never 'do business' with us again lol. Other random lol-fests include hanging out in Darkwing's courtyard and literally killing him like half a dozen times as he kept on logging in with every character he had, then ev'ing all of his stuff. Attacking the PoV guild meeting with purple pot throwing new characters and seeing them pin it all on Shawn (I was infiltrated into the guild at the time, it was me!). And though I am leaving out tons of stuff... how can I not mention the balron gates on lelouche's keep... an endless source of comedy that needs to come back!
[cA] Organizational Information
[cA] Tales of Adventure
Tabius wrote:I am disgusted by cA's attitude in this and you should all be ashamed of yourselves.

applejack
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by applejack »

Light Shade wrote:
chumbucket wrote:The Player Meltdowns: I probably shouldn't enjoy this as much as I do, but a number of players have totally flipped out on the forums. Some due in part to cA provocation, some were just special. Josh Lee, Wise, Brules, Darkwing, Thraximus Zog, Telamon, Light Shade, the entire -F- guild, Conan and Teph. Alas, some of this has just been too much, and I now have a permanent ignore policy for anyone showing tendencies towards this! Makes my forum experience easier if slightly less amusing.
Since chum decided to call me out. He has me on ignore, hence him not accepting my offer of prizes for this contest, because I was very strong in my disagreement with the Staff on the LoS issue. It is also just as mature as any 'supposed' meltdown that I had. Chumbucket is one of the people that never questions the staff, and that is okay. It takes all kinds. I'll be honest. I used to think chumbucket was a good guy and supported many of his 'bardic' tales, but I saw how he would willfilly ignore years of someone helping out this shard, helping its players, and donating over a singular discussion with the staff that NEVER even made it to the Trash Talk forums. This is simply petty. I now know that he's far from a good guy despite his public persona.

-L/S
Dude... he put you on ignore. Get over yourself. And maybe you don't see your 'singular discussion with the staff' the way some others do. As a usually rational person, you completely lost it. You changed your sig to something that was bashing the shard! Then freaked out some more when that was rightfully altered.
[cA] Organizational Information
[cA] Tales of Adventure
Tabius wrote:I am disgusted by cA's attitude in this and you should all be ashamed of yourselves.

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

applejack wrote:
Light Shade wrote:

-L/S
Dude... he put you on ignore. Get over yourself. And maybe you don't see your 'singular discussion with the staff' the way some others do. As a usually rational person, you completely lost it. You changed your sig to something that was bashing the shard! Then freaked out some more when that was rightfully altered.
I guess you're entitled to your opinion. I disagree with what you've said.

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

The butthurt is strong in this one.

Come on kids, this is supposed to be about the golden times shared here.

Like that time I was running my ass off in a dungeon, I think Covetous lich room area and I ran into a gate that popped up in front of me.
Unfortunately, so did Malice who was right on my tail. I looted his shit from his recently guardwhacked corpse and sold his stuff back, despite the urging of my guildmate to 'not sell him a damn thing'.

lol

Good times were these.
Est Sularus oth Mithas

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

The attack on the guildhall with cA that apple mentions was hilariously fun. Poor Shawn.