Tactics Gains slower than OSI

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Faust

Re: Tactics Gains slower than OSI

Post by Faust »

I GM'ed many combat skills at the bk room, and it definitely didn't take one day. If you played non-stop in one full day you could possibly pull two days minimum. On a realistic time frame it was at least a few days minimum if not longer.

Featheon

Post by Featheon »

I concur that the weapons skills seem to be gaining too quickly; gaining 0.2 for a single strike about 50% is not something I recall from OSI.
Last edited by Featheon on Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<ChoppaX> i shit my pants again last night
The #1 AFK on T2A
kill drizitz wrote:feathon seems to be the winner.

Flash Hardstar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Flash Hardstar »

Faust wrote:I GM'ed many combat skills at the bk room, and it definitely didn't take one day. If you played non-stop in one full day you could possibly pull two days minimum. On a realistic time frame it was at least a few days minimum if not longer.

Sorry Faust, this one I can argue yo uon. Took less than a day to gm both tactics and swords.. Can't tell you how many I did it on. I remember getting up in the morning, skipping school, going to the bk's with "the wall" and gm'ing by night. I did this to make accounts I sold worth more =/
Red wrote:Kill Flash, and I'm going to bet that his loot is worth more than 2k.

Faust

Post by Faust »

I will get a character to 100 dex and test this on the demo with something with a relatively same skill level as a bone or skeletal knight. I'll see how fast the skill level goes up on there in regard to this. Grant it that skill will raise much quicker based on the pre-t2a "watch and learn" game mechanic, but I'm pretty confident that it will not GM in one day even with this feature. We shall see though. I have other testing to do on there anyways when I get home.

Flash Hardstar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Flash Hardstar »

Yeah I called my cousin who was a champ at doing the bone knight wall, he said yes he used to finish in less than a day cause I wanted to make sure myself... Make sure you're continuously attacking a bone knight for the entire time.. Anyhow I'm 110% positive on this, just did it way too often.
Red wrote:Kill Flash, and I'm going to bet that his loot is worth more than 2k.

Bean

Post by Bean »

Derrick wrote:This is the first report I've heard of people not GMing Tactics first. You have a chance to gain tactics every time you do damage, and it's not difficulty based like the weapons skills are.

Has anyone else experienced this?
I have. Swords is at ~96 and tactics was 72 until I started building wrestling with a friend; got wrestling from ~25 to 50 and tactics is now ~91

I distinctly remember getting GM tactics WAY before GM swords on T2A.

Bean

Post by Bean »

Hemperor wrote:Slade has got it right
No he doesn't, I'm afraid. I haven't macroed swords for even a second; its all from monster-killing. I had ~96 swords and ~72 tactics until I started building wrestling
Ebywok wrote:The problem is that Weapon gains come too easily, not that tactics is too slow. It definitely took me more than 2 days to have gm weapon skill on OSI!!!
Bingo. It took me well over a week of steady play (~4 hours per day) to get even 95 swords.

Slade

Post by Slade »

Bean wrote:
No he doesn't, I'm afraid. I haven't macroed swords for even a second; its all from monster-killing. I had ~96 swords and ~72 tactics until I started building wrestling
Did you read the post? If you want tactics to go up quickly, you need to take your 96 swordsmanship and beat on someone with 0.

Bean

Post by Bean »

Slade wrote:
Bean wrote:
Did you read the post? If you want tactics to go up quickly, you need to take your 96 swordsmanship and beat on someone with 0.
I read it.... I mis-read it, but I read it :)