CTF

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
platy

Re: CTF

Post by platy »

I agree with Jaster, the CTF's on DFI were a little better and actually required teamwork.. hence they had a CTF league..
Wall of Stone should be allowed, hiding and stealth should be allowed, poison fields should be allowed.
Remove team leader options: many times i'd be running along side a teammate and instead of healing me the teammate would allow me to die and auto-pick up the flag to return it himself.
Allow possibly only Cure pots so you can't run around forever and gain health.
If team leader stays in, then remove # of deaths from the forumla because TOO many times I've played and the "team leader" goes to the person who is AFK- thats rediculous.

alatar

Post by alatar »

I believe I had a lengthy post somewhere in the forum I posted a long time ago with an elaborate set of rules that I thought should be applied to CTF..
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

Jaster

Post by Jaster »

Take Team Leader out, Take Pots out, Add Wall of Stone

2 Pt trophy for whole winning team, 1 pt trophy for second place team, nothing for 3 and 4 in a 4 team ctf ...

In the others, not sure what to do ... not a big fan of the other CTF's ... I think its time for some new maps now that the shard is getting bigger. Urban, Huts, Cave are such a cluster fuck that its not even fun...

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Jaster wrote:Take Team Leader out, Take Pots out, Add Wall of Stone

2 Pt trophy for whole winning team, 1 pt trophy for second place team, nothing for 3 and 4 in a 4 team ctf ...

In the others, not sure what to do ... not a big fan of the other CTF's ... I think its time for some new maps now that the shard is getting bigger. Urban, Huts, Cave are such a cluster fuck that its not even fun...
If you take potions out then CTF will just become which team is the better sync dumpers.
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

Xukluk Tuguznal

Post by Xukluk Tuguznal »

Read every post!

I'd definately be pro wall of stone, pro poison field and even para field.

But, pot wise. I'm anti the removal of cure/heal if those were to go in. Refresh I'd be willing to give up although shooting a heavy xbow at an even slower rate do to rules would suck.

I think if it were possible for pushing through to cost double stam, and no red pots but food allowed it would balance out. Course I know that would just mean people would make macros to spam it.

I've spent a lot of time in ctf as mage and melee equally. I've healed the hell out of people just to look up and realize that the heal they casted they used on themselves and I'm about to die. CTF is dog eat dog atm and not a team event at all unless you're with guildies or have orcs.
Tforc YM wrote: if you are over 24 though do not apply because i dont like nerdy people who dont get there lifes past uo. also if you do not have a microphone or vent then i can not make you into a good player, sorry , dont apply.

Jaster

Post by Jaster »

Ronk wrote: If you take potions out then CTF will just become which team is the better sync dumpers.
If you leave pots in, its which individual can chug the best ...

CTF is a team game not solo ... I'd rather see syncs vs individual pot chuggers. Remeber though with the syncing ... everyone has to be on key, not just 1 ... and some have to be offensive, some have to be defensive ... seems like strategy to me.

Mirage
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mirage »

You have to remember that food is still not consumed during this event, if dexer were to need stamina then they could bring along some food rather than a total refresh pot, this would also slow down the flag runners that just hold down their total refresh pot. Total refreshes can definately be taken out of CTF IMO.

Personal suggestions:

1. Total refresh pots taken out, or at least given a time restriction between usage (probably the same time between a greater heal would be ideal).

2. Team leader removed from the system all together. This will promote people to play the team game rather than running for the flags even though there is already 7 other people on the team running for flags and nobody defending.

3. Wall of stone, poison field, paralyze field, and paralyze allowed in CTF. This will create obstacles for flag runners. Right now one person can run into a 4 man defended base and run out with the flag because you cannot impede their route. That coupled with the potion abuse makes it too easy to obtain a flag and run out with it. Right now people are basing when they grab flags on the timer. This also should be taken out.

4. Remove the warning of when the flag is going to be returned to base. Everyone is venting and talking in group chat, or communicating together. You know when you're 30 seconds away from losing that flag to have a teammate get ready at the base of which flag you're going to lose based on the timer.

5. In addition to 4, make the timer on all flags random each game, maybe one game make it a minute and a half, next game make it one minute. Leave everyone thinking that it's extremely important to get your flag back rather than knowing that you're flag is going to return to base before you die.

6. Outside of each bases entrances possibly put something that indicates which teams base is inside. Maybe a banner of whichever color the teams base is, or maybe line the corriodor walls the designated color. This would help newbies tremendously. I remember when I was new I didn't know which direction each team was in. This is another event that the newbies to the shard can participate in, so I think we should make it more newbie friendly.

Just a few that I thought off the top of my head, some may have already been stated previously.
Syntax of the Wolfpack (TW) - PVP Since 97'

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

Something needs to be changed about scavenging flags, now!

Not to point fingers, because I'm sure they arent the only ones, but every fucking ctf I kill a flag carrier and their teammate who isnt healing at all is just running around scavenging flags, USA guild comes to mind every event (mainly spanky).

I like mirages idea of also putting team banners in the middle, too often i forget where i came from!

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

Xukluk Tuguznal

Post by Xukluk Tuguznal »

Mirage wrote:You have to remember that food is still not consumed during this event, if dexer were to need stamina then they could bring along some food rather than a total refresh pot, this would also slow down the flag runners that just hold down their total refresh pot. Total refreshes can definately be taken out of CTF IMO.

Personal suggestions:

1. Total refresh pots taken out, or at least given a time restriction between usage (probably the same time between a greater heal would be ideal).

2. Team leader removed from the system all together. This will promote people to play the team game rather than running for the flags even though there is already 7 other people on the team running for flags and nobody defending.

3. Wall of stone, poison field, paralyze field, and paralyze allowed in CTF. This will create obstacles for flag runners. Right now one person can run into a 4 man defended base and run out with the flag because you cannot impede their route. That coupled with the potion abuse makes it too easy to obtain a flag and run out with it. Right now people are basing when they grab flags on the timer. This also should be taken out.

4. Remove the warning of when the flag is going to be returned to base. Everyone is venting and talking in group chat, or communicating together. You know when you're 30 seconds away from losing that flag to have a teammate get ready at the base of which flag you're going to lose based on the timer.

5. In addition to 4, make the timer on all flags random each game, maybe one game make it a minute and a half, next game make it one minute. Leave everyone thinking that it's extremely important to get your flag back rather than knowing that you're flag is going to return to base before you die.

6. Outside of each bases entrances possibly put something that indicates which teams base is inside. Maybe a banner of whichever color the teams base is, or maybe line the corriodor walls the designated color. This would help newbies tremendously. I remember when I was new I didn't know which direction each team was in. This is another event that the newbies to the shard can participate in, so I think we should make it more newbie friendly.

Just a few that I thought off the top of my head, some may have already been stated previously.
+1 Kudos

lol nice post
Tforc YM wrote: if you are over 24 though do not apply because i dont like nerdy people who dont get there lifes past uo. also if you do not have a microphone or vent then i can not make you into a good player, sorry , dont apply.

Mirage
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mirage »

Xukluk Tuguznal wrote:
+1 Kudos

lol nice post
Feel free to add-on, these were just off the top of my head. Personally I've liked almost every suggestion in this thread so far. Everyone seems to be on the same page as far as tweaks.

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Mirage wrote:You have to remember that food is still not consumed during this event, if dexer were to need stamina then they could bring along some food rather than a total refresh pot, this would also slow down the flag runners that just hold down their total refresh pot. Total refreshes can definately be taken out of CTF IMO.
Good point.
Mirage wrote:1. Total refresh pots taken out, or at least given a time restriction between usage (probably the same time between a greater heal would be ideal).
I thought refreshes already did have a delay? You can' tjust hold the button down and have 100% stamina. Don't get me wrong, I understand where everyone is coming from and I think the refresh use delay should be adjusted a bit but with a little practice and a teammate that helps you can take a step right as they push through you and block them again. Course, this doesnt' allow you to block doors.

Also consider, if you throw in walls and paralyze, you may no longer need to limit red potion usage.
Mirage wrote: 2. Team leader removed from the system all together. This will promote people to play the team game rather than running for the flags even though there is already 7 other people on the team running for flags and nobody defending.
Definitely.
Mirage wrote: 3. Wall of stone, poison field, paralyze field, and paralyze allowed in CTF. This will create obstacles for flag runners.
I wouldnt' mind.
Mirage wrote:Right now people are basing when they grab flags on the timer. This also should be taken out.
I do find this slightly annoying but at the same time, currently, this is the biggest form of communication I see among teammates.
Mirage wrote:Outside of each bases entrances possibly put something that indicates which teams base is inside. Maybe a banner of whichever color the teams base is, or maybe line the corriodor walls the designated color. This would help newbies tremendously. I remember when I was new I didn't know which direction each team was in. This is another event that the newbies to the shard can participate in, so I think we should make it more newbie friendly.
I actually thought about designing some CTF maps if the desire is there. Its a fun hobby. But either way, the banner color would be nice.

Just a few that I thought off the top of my head, some may have already been stated previously.[/quote]
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

Mirage
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mirage »

I'm sure derrick would welcome that Ronk, bigger variety the better.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

I think there should just be 2 types of CTF, 2 teams and 4 teams.

They could each have a certain amount of levels that would be randomly selected or cycled through

Although I don't even see any of this coming into consideration until derrick has the next PVP patch up and running here. One thing that needs to be done ASAP is scavenging flags :(

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

Red

Post by Red »

Last Night's CTF, you had to run over the flags.
Perhaps it would be fitting if all you had to do was run over your own flag to cap.

Also, ATM you can just keep tapping your refresh macro to run over everyone.

I'm really liking these suggestions.