Stop the blockade of stables.

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Ragancy
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Stop the blockade of stables.

Post by Ragancy »

Dolos wrote:
Tiwstacain wrote:ya im all about just blocking stables, i don't think anyone needs more than 1 horse in the stable, or 1 dragon. Have more, i don't give a damn, but i certainly have a good size of stable space taken on teh server. I started about 3 months ago aquiring stable slots. I saw a guy in the elders and his drags were 1 shotting them so i said piss on this. I have been stabling cats etc. for well over 3 months now trying to get more and more space. I hate tamers, and everything about them.
Let me know if you need donations to keep your bank full enough to pay for them. I do not have the time to run around filling stables, but I support your endeavor.
Fewer tamers will play on this shard as a result of stable blocking. Doesn't matter if you hate tamers. I hate griefers, but welcome ANY STYLE play on this shard.

Twistacain, I like how you mention that you don't think anyone needs more than one dragon, then fill up ALL the stable slots so there's not even space for one dragon. GG

Obviously it's been said that nothing can be done and it's a player matter, so F it, can I buy some of your chickens?

Supply Captain

Post by Supply Captain »

I bought a pack horse earlier for the first time for my lumberjack. To my dismay I could not find anywhere to stable it. So I just released it for someone else to use.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

If I really cared enough about this topic, I would research whether or not "dragon bombing" was even possible during the era this server hopes to replicate, and then report those findings in hopes of a change so that perhaps many players would lose their incentive to having 1000 dragons in the stable, and the griefers could go back to stealing from fede, rather than stabling cats.

Pied Piper

Post by Pied Piper »

Look guys honestly. I can sell anyone a stable slot for 5k. What is 5k when it is your for life? Problem solved...just come pay the Piper. I am like Allstate...you are in good hands :wink:

Omnicron

Post by Omnicron »

Pied Piper wrote:Look guys honestly. I can sell anyone a stable slot for 5k. What is 5k when it is your for life? Problem solved...just come pay the Piper. I am like Allstate...you are in good hands :wink:

I'll just camp whatever stable and snake one in every once in a while.

Bicchus Dicchus

Post by Bicchus Dicchus »

Stable blockades are hilarious.

If you find that you need to have a pet, why don't you use a stable?

When you pull out your pet from the stable, why not stable another pet to hold it's place for you?

I'm pretty sure all those cats, dogs, rats and rabbits spawning all over the place exist for a reason.

Not just food!

PRahl

Post by PRahl »

I have been on the server 15 days now and the stable blockade is making me not want to stay(although I am pretty hard headed). What makes it even worse is today I claimed my 4 pets to change mounts and magically all the slots were full even though no one was around. BUG?

So you know who I am...

I played UO from christmas 97 to 2003, T2A being my favorite part. I played Siege perilous and ran the CAT(Combat Animal Tamers) guild. Our guild managed the Oasis, East Del, and Titan Mare spawns. We would give any new GM tamer a mare from one of these spawns if they promised to keep it off the T2a servers. Well any GM tamer that was not affiliated with a PK guild.

I also used to manage a Player run server setting up all the spawns to era accuracy like Derrick does so I know a lot about game mechanics/spawns.

The thing I believe this server is missing from the real feel is this. People would get their accounts banned or suspended if they "griefed" other players.

Bringing 8 dragons to an orc Player run event would have gotten you a warning so you would have not done it. Having 30 dragons and turreting with another account would have got you perma banned. If the UOSA team wants to be era accurate then they need to warn then ban people who are "griefing". If its a tamer ban him. Griefing was not allowed.

I was once talked to by a GM because I was camping the player run ORC camp with 2 dragons. I was warned to stop or have my account suspended. While I think this is overkill it proves a huge difference between this server and live T2A.

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

PRahl wrote:I have been on the server 15 days now and the stable blockade is making me not want to stay(although I am pretty hard headed). What makes it even worse is today I claimed my 4 pets to change mounts and magically all the slots were full even though no one was around. BUG?
It is a bug. When a stable master dies all of the pets should go poof. Instead, the pets get divided up to random other stable masters.
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

PRahl wrote: If the UOSA team wants to be era accurate then they need to warn then ban people who are "griefing". If its a tamer ban him. Griefing was not allowed.

I was once talked to by a GM because I was camping the player run ORC camp with 2 dragons. I was warned to stop or have my account suspended. While I think this is overkill it proves a huge difference between this server and live T2A.
I don't know what namby pamby shards some people played on, but I griefed and scammed and murdered everyone I saw, 8 hours a day for the better part of 7 years. I was talked to by a gm on several occasions, but each one saw me laugh in their face, as I clearly understood the terms of service and in no way breached them. I never spent a single second in jail, and I never had an account suspended or banned. We pulled some heinous stunts, let me tell you...
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.
Budner wrote:Your sig lets everyone know what an arrogant prick you are.

PRahl

Post by PRahl »

Mala you were lucky then or met GMs that were in good moods. You also obviously cared about the ToS agreement not to go over that line. People here obviously care less about any server rules.

I was jailed for macroing twice. I was warned for the Orc thing. I had 4 accounts and 3 of them were banned because I logged on to them from a computer on vacation that was associated with a duper. I played Great Lakes till Siege came out.

Griefing people by killing them dry looting their corpses and killing their horse is a lot different than intentionally trying to take the enjoyment out of the game from new players. OSI GMs understood that paying accounts were what was important and that is why griefing and cheating were taking care of. In these extreme cases: Dragon turrets, Griefing stables I think UOSA should consider banning people or non era fixes to make the game feel more era accurate.

Ragancy
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ragancy »

PRahl wrote:Mala you were lucky then or met GMs that were in good moods. You also obviously cared about the ToS agreement not to go over that line. People here obviously care less about any server rules.

I was jailed for macroing twice. I was warned for the Orc thing. I had 4 accounts and 3 of them were banned because I logged on to them from a computer on vacation that was associated with a duper. I played Great Lakes till Siege came out.

Griefing people by killing them dry looting their corpses and killing their horse is a lot different than intentionally trying to take the enjoyment out of the game from new players. OSI GMs understood that paying accounts were what was important and that is why griefing and cheating were taking care of. In these extreme cases: Dragon turrets, Griefing stables I think UOSA should consider banning people or non era fixes to make the game feel more era accurate.
Banning people for a dragon turret? What a terrible idea. GTFO

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

PRahl wrote:I think UOSA should consider banning people or non era fixes to make the game feel more era accurate.
I've suggested this. The problem is you'd need some guideline for what 'feels right'. In some cases, everyone blatantly remembers something some way or the answer is obvious, but its a dangerous slope.
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

Brules

Post by Brules »

Malaikat wrote:
PRahl wrote: If the UOSA team wants to be era accurate then they need to warn then ban people who are "griefing". If its a tamer ban him. Griefing was not allowed.

I don't know what namby pamby shards some people played on, but I griefed and scammed and murdered everyone I saw, 8 hours a day for the better part of 7 years. I was talked to by a gm on several occasions, but each one saw me laugh in their face, as I clearly understood the terms of service and in no way breached them. I never spent a single second in jail, and I never had an account suspended or banned. We pulled some heinous stunts, let me tell you...
He is 100% correct. Era accurate proof of endless griefing that the GM's were powerless to stop:

http://www.wtfman.com/oldjov/stories/stories.htm

PRahl

Post by PRahl »

Most of those stories are about people griefing stupid people. Find me a story in there that relives the time the tamer took 15 dragons to "any farming location" and used a hidden blocker to intelegently side step game mechanics and make 30k gold every 10 minutes?

OSI wouldn't let this type of thing happen. I don't see that it really matters anyhow its just an annoyance now that I have been here long enough to grab a few myself. I can tell you though that it is discouraging to be new and find you cant stable a pack horse or pet...

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

PRahl wrote:Most of those stories are about people griefing stupid people. Find me a story in there that relives the time the tamer took 15 dragons to "any farming location" and used a hidden blocker to intelegently side step game mechanics and make 30k gold every 10 minutes?

OSI wouldn't let this type of thing happen. I don't see that it really matters anyhow its just an annoyance now that I have been here long enough to grab a few myself. I can tell you though that it is discouraging to be new and find you cant stable a pack horse or pet...
While I do agree that OSI let a ton of things slide, I also agree partially with you, in that, I don't believe tamers could ever do this in era.