The Silver System greatly effects the economy.

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
noxmonk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: The Silver System greatly effects the economy.

Post by noxmonk »

MatronDeWinter wrote:
Panthor the Hated wrote: A little off topic:
If we move tournys from trammel to felucca and theives/pks could jack the trophies or gank the stat reds that like to idle in the tourny area that'd be nice too.
If there must be trammel-events, then Panthor has a decent compromise. Also want to know why we can't have stealing stealthing and summons in the "no rules" tournament.
It's "No Rules" except for the common sense rules. Those rules being:
NO1 BUT TNKMG KEN WEEN
RED POTS ONLY
NO THIEVERY/TRICKSY HOBBITSES

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

I'm just saying that I would rather watch a gladiator-esque battle with all manner of techniques used, perhaps even obstacles in the arena blocking some los, than the usual "tank mages running into eachother repeatedly" or "dexers just stand there playing dice", or "tank mage heals while archer is afk eating a sandwich with a if hits < X, use bandage macro".

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

I was thinking the other day about adding more randomization to the XvX team tournaments.

Especially at the 4v4 level, for example, tournaments will often have only 5 teams enter. Two will be teams that planned ahead of time to play together, one will be a team of four that just came together on the spot, one will be a team of two or three that couldn't find enough members on the spot, and the last team will be some random guy with 62 swords and tactics wearing an orc helm. I think it would be a lot more fun if you joined one of these tournaments and everyone was then placed on random teams. That said, I believe the tournament system is pretty pre-built and Derrick didn't have to do much work for it, so I certainly wouldn't wish for him to spend a ton of time on this since it's outside-of-the-game content.

I've also come around on the risk-free, free-use events, like CTF. So much of UO is spent preparing for every little thing that can mess you up - trapped pouches, stamina potions, bandages, thief safeguards, locked down tables with a Detect Hidden macro, etc... I think this is why people enjoy CTF so much... you can die, and it's no big deal. Certainly most of us want our game to mostly be the opposite of this, as it is now. But I think there is a nice balance such that it's a nice treat to just be able to go out there and sling some ebolts around, run kamikaze into a group of 10 enemies, play with random teammates, etc., a couple times a week for 20 minutes. It's like a cool little server war.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

MatronDeWinter wrote:I'm just saying that I would rather watch a gladiator-esque battle with all manner of techniques used, perhaps even obstacles in the arena blocking some los, than the usual "tank mages running into eachother repeatedly" or "dexers just stand there playing dice", or "tank mage heals while archer is afk eating a sandwich with a if hits < X, use bandage macro".
And btw, the magics-allowed tournaments are kind of like this. There are a ton of tactics available to try which not many people take advantage of, but some do. Heck, I rounded up some of my Mage's Bane weapons the other day to see how they'd work in a tournament setting (consensus: not well). I've also considered things like invis items (don't work) and the chopped box candleabra trick (does work, I think, although items are of the essence in these).

Actually one other idea I had... it would be cool if in the non-free-use tournaments, each player was given a 250-stone weight that they had to keep in their pack for the duration of each match. Then, I think, proper planning would be much more crucial, matches would less frequently go to sudden death, and you'd more mimic what would happen in the "real world" because people only carry say 200 stones of gear (to have room to loot others) and the tourney walls prevent the real world tactic of running offscreen. I'd also make it so you couldn't infinitely eat food in non-free-use matches. You should be able to eat when you want, but you should get stuffed like you do in the real world.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Mikel123 wrote: I'd also make it so you couldn't infinitely eat food in non-free-use matches. You should be able to eat when you want, but you should get stuffed like you do in the real world.
No
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Panthor the Hated »

The Sandro appears to be enraged!

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

yea really, calm down man!
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

It's a valid opinion, and I understand why free-use tournaments have this feature... but for magic tournaments, I don't understand why they don't follow "normal" UO rules as much as possible. It seems they do, but this is one glaring exception.

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Panthor the Hated »

I thought I had been full in a magics tourny...? I guess not.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

It might say you're full, but you can still chomp away at food.