Houses per account

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
voodoo

Re: Houses per account

Post by voodoo »

Kelektra wrote:
Kabup wrote:Thanks, I wasn't finding this info anywhere. So, people with more cash was ending to have some advantage over others, after all.
Yeap.. At my height of Uo addiction i had 5 accounts... Only had to pay for 4 of them because the 5th was free from OSI since i was a Counselor
"only"

Kelektra
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kelektra »

$40 a month is nothing though i do have to admit once MMORPGs went to $15 a month i took my accounts down to 3.

My rule is i dont pay more then $50 a month for online gaming :)
Shards Only T-Map Validation System viewtopic.php?f=33&t=24446

BobDobbs
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BobDobbs »

If you take it in perspective, $40 dollars a month for unlimited entertainment is really not that bad.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H.L. Mencken
UOSA Last.fm group!

Kelektra
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kelektra »

I completely agree Bob. $40-50 a month is a bargain.
I spend at least double that any night i go out drinking and that only last a few hours.
So every night that a game keeps me locked up in the house actually SAVES me money!!!!
Shards Only T-Map Validation System viewtopic.php?f=33&t=24446

Gray Wolf

Post by Gray Wolf »

Zorce wrote:Yeah T2A was 1 house per char. I had only 1 account and used to have a small brick on top of my tower back before they fixed it.
Houses like that were grandfathered so I had it a long time.

ahh the memories....
Same here.. I had a grandfthered account with a keep, large brick and an L-shape. All three houses were right next to each other... THAT was awesome!
Sure am glad no-one called the guards!

:::: whack :::::

voodoo

Post by voodoo »

BobDobbs wrote:If you take it in perspective, $40 dollars a month for unlimited entertainment is really not that bad.
If you really wanna take it into proper perspective, $10 dollars a month paid for "unlimited entertainment" (assuming you could stand to play the same game all day every day of the month) on OSI already, so the other $30 can't fall under that banner too, right? They'd have to be like "gratuitous convenience" rather than "unlimited entertainment." ;)

BobDobbs
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BobDobbs »

Yes, it can fall under the same banner.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H.L. Mencken
UOSA Last.fm group!

Stranger

Post by Stranger »

Era accurate would be no one being able to place even a small house. I first started at t2a launch, and on the Catskills shard it took me and a friend 2 years of playing before we were finally able to place a small house on Ocllo. And as mentioned already in this post, even small houses were priced to a point that they were beyond our means. People always want era accuracy, and I can attest to the fact that the so called "Housing crisis" on this shard is no where near the level it was in the actual second age. I'm with others on the issue in wondering what is so hard about working and buying your house. I bought my first castle in two weeks. And I believe Sir Eric Kain had his first well before that mark. Having a goal in mind, such as purchasing your first house is one of the things that make the game fun. I don't understand why some people hop in irc on the first day and ask for a house.
[01:12:32] <Nevermore> Stranger you are the reason I hate christmas
[01:12:36] <Nevermore> You specifically
[01:12:44] <Nevermore> Every year? Christmas sucks. Because of Stranger

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

There's a spot for a large brick/L-shape that has gone 3 days without anyone placing there. It's not even far from town.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

TheEttinKing

Post by TheEttinKing »

MatronDeWinter wrote:Siege perilous ruleset would fix this problem.
Yeah early siege like test shard early.

Jed Clampett on drugs story By the EttinKing.

Let me tell ya story bout a man named Jed poor man barley kept his family feed then one day he was smoking on a joint and zedd hit him with his truck...Twice.

Victor Horn

Post by Victor Horn »

Seems to be a dead post, but I was thinking.
How about instead of 1 house per account, per character.
It was changed to 1 Castle per IP address or the equivalent of 1 Castle.
So let’s say you can have 5 small houses is the Equivalent of = 1 Castle.
Or
1 Keep + 1 small house = 1 Castle.
1 Tower + 2 small houses= 1 Castle.
Or
2 Stone and Plaster House or Wood and Plaster House or Large Patio or Large Brick House = 1 Castle.
Or
1 Stone and Plaster House or Wood and Plaster House or Large Patio or Large Brick House + 2 small Houses = 1 Castle.

I don’t know if this would work, but it seems it would help reduce down the amount of housing on the map. Due to a person with one account with 5 characters with lots of gold could have 5 different castles or multiple housing across the map? If changed to the 1 castle per IP address you could reduce the foot print so to speak of that one person. To me One Castle is or the equivalent would be enough space for one person.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Castles are insignificant compared to the number of bricks and smalls that are placed just incase they can "one day" fit a castle there. It's far too late in UOSA's lifetime to go about changing the quantity of houses that each person owns. If you grandfather in houses, it is extremely unfair, if you remove houses (even with warning), whiner will whine. It's truly sad, the state of housing on this server, and the amount of people in denial.

"But I just placed a tower today, you arent looking hard enough"

"You can just buy one for 50k over deed, stop whining"

"This is totally era accurate"

pfft.

Sexy Smithy

Post by Sexy Smithy »

Allowing 15 Houses per person, while era accurate, is not good for the shard as a whole. I wish they would institute a staged drawdown every 3 months. Condemn all houses on account if someone doesn't drop one of their houses. That will make sure they are aware of something happening. 2 Houses per account allows guilds to still be ran. Anyone who says they need 15 houses to run their guild needs a better guild or better cooperation amongst their guildmates...either way, they don't actually need 15 houses...they just need a better guild, heh.

1st Phase: 4 Houses per Account
2nd Phase: 3 Houses per Account
3rd Phase: 2 Houses per Account

6 houses per person would still allow effyou to have his 5 castles that no one, including himself, uses....ha. It would also free up the housing market making it so that more than just a handful of people on this shard can own a decent home.

Idunno, just my two cents. I'd even be okay with going down to 1 house per account.

Special Projects Minion.

Victor Horn

Post by Victor Horn »

Castles are insignificant compared to the number of bricks and smalls that are placed just incase they can "one day" fit a castle there.
What I'm saying is that everyone can have up to the amount of space 1 Castle provides. So say you build 5 small houses= total housing you can have per your account. And say you saved and save up for a castle. You have to demolish your all 5 houses to place your castle.
If everyone can have up to 1 castle per IP address you will see a lot more space and fairness for everyone looking to place a Castle or Houses.
Look at it like this:
Say there is 1000 player on this server that would = 5000 small houses or just 1000 Castles. If you think about it how many Castles can be placed on this world?
Secound Like Sexy Smithy letting a guild have around 15+ houses on the map just for the guild is BS. The guild should only be able to have the exact same as everyone else no more and no less.

"But I just placed a tower today, you aren’t looking hard enough"

LOL I bought a two story with a patio, looked for over 15 days for a space to put it in. Could not find one, had to get help just to retrieve a boat I lost at sea while looking. Just the other day I found a space for it, but I sold it back at a reduce price so now I have to save and save to re-buy it.

Ripplinger

Post by Ripplinger »

Victor Horn wrote:LOL I bought a two story with a patio, looked for over 15 days for a space to put it in. Could not find one, had to get help just to retrieve a boat I lost at sea while looking. Just the other day I found a space for it, but I sold it back at a reduce price so now I have to save and save to re-buy it.
Vendors buy the deeds back at the full price you paid for the house, not at a reduced price.