Horse Stamina *Updated 6/25/10*

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.

Should "All Follow Me" Refresh Mount Stamina Fully

Yes
66%
No
34%

Total votes: 73

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Horse Stamina *Updated 6/25/10*

Post by nightshark »

Derrick wrote:This is no different than a player walking with extremely low stamina. The stamina rate when moving (walking or running) is based on current stamina, hit points and weight.
I just brought it up because I found it odd. My memory of horse fatigue on OSI was that you could begin to walk once receiving that message, to avoid it completely dying on stam. What happens in the demo?
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I don't know. We are planning some testing on demo very soon to make sure we've nailed this one. There is suspicion that there's some differences. However, with that being said the stamina loss rate is much closer than it's ever been.

This is kind of an aside, not directed at anyone, but i think it needs to be said because I've found so many people to be agast at some of the changes in this patch:
This was on test center for well over three weeks with an announcement in the forums and in the MOTD on login. I very much regret that more players concerned (and surprised) with these matters did not begin their participation in the development process prior to patch day.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Pristiq

Post by Pristiq »

Derrick wrote:However, with that being said the stamina loss rate is much closer than it's ever been.
THAT SHOULD BE GOOD EWNOUGH FOr YOU UNGRATEFUL JERKS >:(
chumbucket wrote:Everyone else, don't be a jerk to staff. Maahes cries enough already.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=40810 - HOLY HELL AN AWESOME VENDOR?!

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Pristiq wrote:
Derrick wrote:However, with that being said the stamina loss rate is much closer than it's ever been.
THAT SHOULD BE GOOD EWNOUGH FOr YOU UNGRATEFUL JERKS >:(
Oh don't get me wrong, this is one of the best patches I've seen.

But it's best to do things by full measures, not half :)
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Batlin
wobble llama
wobble llama

Post by Batlin »

I just brought it up because I found it odd. My memory of horse fatigue on OSI was that you could begin to walk once receiving that message, to avoid it completely dying on stam. What happens in the demo?
I've posted the complete OSI code (related to the stamina loss) on JoinUO in a PDF: http://forum.joinuo.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=594

walking should not reduce your horse's stamina to the best of my memory.
What happens in the demo?
I just did a test, you can walk a very long time as long as you don't change direction too much. As explained and shown in the PDF, changing direction counts as a step.
+ORC: If you give a man a crack he'll be hungry again tomorrow, but if you teach him how to crack, he'll never be hungry again.
chumbucket: I don't collect pixels.

Never trust the client. It's in the hands of the enemy : UO Demo internals @ JoinUO

Iced Earth

Post by Iced Earth »

Yeah the Stamina itself is fixed for sure. You can't just run forever and ever.

The only problem now is the instant all follow me where your horse is barely revealed when u hit your macro.

The 1 second delay will fix it I'm sure. err I hope anyways.

Misti Autumns

Post by Misti Autumns »

Izual wrote:
benny- wrote:we'll probably be seeing players spamming this
Can you picture field PvP?

Picture this scenario in your head if you will..

Everyone on a field dueling, all hitting their "horse stamina refresh" macro

**--hop off 'all follow me' hop on-- **continues fighting**

I mean, you can't get more mechanical and just plain out of place than that..

It would be one thing if people had to manually hop off, type out 'all follow me', but come on, Razor wasn't around back then.. nobody with any brains and knowledge of Razor will be effected by this change (which I think is everybody)
benny- wrote:Eliminate the Razor-spamming commands and let's see what happens when mount stam becomes a big player in field pvp.
I really can't see people saying;

"Hey Jimmy let's go play that server where you have to have a macro that hops off horse says all follow me and hops back on!!"

I mean this just seems to lower the shards value.. Quality over Quantity in this case

I just read this.... I've been posting in the Patch Notes section of the forum about this, along with many other people and everyone seems to agree. This is ridiculous. This needs to be changed immediately. I havent had a single fight where i havent had to hop off of my horse, even just standing around for a 1v1 you will and can run out of stamina over and over.... HA?? FUnniest thing i have ever seen.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I stand pretty shocked. I've been working on the action throttle, a feature that apparently used to be on UOSA but is not anymore. Further research has shown that this became broken on June 24, 2009 in this patch:
Subject: Patch 105: June 24, 2009 - Major Era Mechanics corrections wrote: Major changes:
  • Attack and Item Lift/Use throttle will be treated as separate packet throttles.
A major change indeed.

I and likely many other players that have been here over a year likely understood this delay to already be on the shard. This will likely take some adjustment for others. This will be remedied in the morning.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Derrick wrote:I stand pretty shocked. I've been working on the action throttle, a feature that apparently used to be on UOSA but is not anymore. Further research has shown that this became broken on June 24, 2009 in this patch:
Subject: Patch 105: June 24, 2009 - Major Era Mechanics corrections wrote: Major changes:
  • Attack and Item Lift/Use throttle will be treated as separate packet throttles.
A major change indeed.

I and likely many other players that have been here over a year likely understood this delay to already be on the shard. This will likely take some adjustment for others. This will be remedied in the morning.
Yeah that should have been evident to players, as you can loot stuff/lift as many items as you want during server saves. I actually meant to bring that up but it always crosses my mind.

Madhatter

Post by Madhatter »

Seriously... The pvp here is lacking. Lets be honest 85% of the people who are gonna play here are looking for pvp with a variety of things like crafting and such. However in this day and age of uo people playing these kinds of shards mostly want to have good pvp and the recreation of the community that was lost lonnnng ago. You have people who still wanna exploit and use all bugs to their advantage, and run and run in pvp because they are so terrified of dieing in a 12 year old game just like they where 12 years ago. Now everyone has sub 100 pings and razor and a vast knowledge of the game. Back in the day you didn't and now you all exploit that. To even come close to recreating the pvp and the community some things just need to be done period unless you wanna sit around with 200 unqiue accounts on instead of gaining more. the shard isn't growing in population by leaps and bounds so maybe some stuff needs to be fixed. The pvp sucks with fools who just run and run and run and run and run. If your a blue you don't need to run cast recall, your the blue your not the aggro so you shouldn't need to run for 15 minutes. As for PKS deal with it, when you pked back in the day it was hell. People ganged up and hunted you and statloss blew a lot harder then it does today now that we know all the tricks and have the programs. I see plenty of you using easy uo and stupid stuff. Just have a OPEN mind to fixes that may help bring people here and keep it as accurate as possible. *end rant
Last edited by Kaivan on Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: language

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Madhatter wrote:Lets be honest 85% of the people who are gonna play here are NOT looking for pvp
FYP

Izual
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Izual »

Nay Hatter the PvP Community probably makes up at best 40% of this particular server.

However you still make a semi valid point because 100% of the 'Old School PvP' RunUO players will not step foot on this shard because of the current PvP Mechanics

I still support UOSA. Just not this issue :/ *shrug

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Between the mount fatigue and the use/lift delay being fixed, there have been some pretty dramatic changes in the last few days. I dread dramatic changes and don't take lightly the impact it will have in the short term, however these things needed to be fixed.

I look forward to moving on to looking at the combat timer with great haste to get something up for testing.

Herod

Post by Herod »

One problem with increasing the mount/unmount delay is that Razor makes it trivial to target the opponents horse in the blink of an eye.

In the old days they would have to target it manually, which at least represents a chance to pull it off. Here it would be almost impossible to refresh the mount with a delay, unless you are in town.

It's been a long time, but I don't recall the mount stamina issue to be as overbearing as it is here. So as far as "feel" goes, something is a little off.

H

Iced Earth

Post by Iced Earth »

Hey! That delay is cool. A perfect window to attack the enemy mount.

Good job guys.