petition to change house transfers

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Pirul

Re: petition to change house transfers

Post by Pirul »

Karik Verlee wrote:
Omnicron wrote:Litterally every big transaction has goon foul for me here. Buggy as . I like the shard. But once again it could be better.
POST LARGE TRANSACTIONS ON FORUMS
Better yet, post it on forums AND use brokers...and if using one of the better known ones (Blackfoot, Wise, Tabius, GuardianKnight, etc.) check that they are the real deal (chars match, guild title matches, dress and accesories match, etc.) and also by contacting them via PM or in IRC to make sure. If still unsure, ask a buddy of yours to broker, if the counterpart is uneasy about it, so be it, there'll be other houses/black dye tubs/silver coins out there to buy from people who are willing to use a broker you feel comfortable with.

I got burnt once, and will not trade anything large without a broker in the future, unless trading with people I trust.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Corbin

Post by Corbin »

Omnicron wrote:Whatever man I think it would be better if it were changed.
If that is the way you feel then you need to realize that you are on the wrong shard. This is a T2A shard.

Also, houses aren't immune to scams even with the change made to use a trade window. I was scammed out of a large house because of a flaw in game mechanics on another shard a while back.
Pacific (98-02) - Mystic of FL
Catskills (03-08) - Roo Avery of VIT, T^B
UOSA - Amos Trask/Roo Avery of WTC

Corbin

Post by Corbin »

Karik Verlee wrote:
Omnicron wrote:Litterally every big transaction has goon foul for me here. Buggy as shit. I like the shard. But once again it could be better.
POST LARGE TRANSACTIONS ON FORUMS
^This, and use a broker. There are several of us genuine brokers who don't charge fees for our services.
Pacific (98-02) - Mystic of FL
Catskills (03-08) - Roo Avery of VIT, T^B
UOSA - Amos Trask/Roo Avery of WTC

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

Karik Verlee wrote:They get banned from the forum/IRC not sure about banning IP addresses or getting new ones. But I haven't heard of one person being scammed who posted on the forums/Main IRC channel. Please note this does not include private messages on IRC or on the forums.
Not only that, most big scammers play by the rules b/c it makes it challenging.

Scamming is hardly profitable given the time it takes and the failure rate :D
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

son wrote:Scamming is hardly profitable given the time it takes and the failure rate :D
If you fail you're doing it wrong.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

There is no guarantee that if you use the forums or IRC you're not going to get scammed. Without going into the details of how, it is possible to use forums and IRC untracably, and potentially even the shard itself. This is the Internet, use caution.

Find a reputable broker, and be sure to verify his guild tag, check /whois <nick> in IRC to see if they have a registered IRC account as well.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."