Tournament Discrepensies

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
venox

Re: Tournament Discrepensies

Post by venox »

thiefing is easy to nerf. just over equip and your opponent is no problem to you.
so no there is no point to it in a tournament.

platy

Post by platy »

Poll is up.. Flash/venox/Ronk you guys were obviously too bitch to make it so driz did..
It seems you know the inevitable result so you wanted to continue making your moot points and argue in a thread which obvisouly nobody cares about anymore.. gg
Someone who spends 100 points on poisoning and needs to understand that it is NOT a pvp skill and should NOT be used in PVP tourneys.. You have an advantage on the field, along with no magery in town.. You don't see all the mages on the shard crying about magery in town do you? So get over yourselves.. take the advice of the 30+ people who told you to gain 30 magery or use scrolls.. Start using your brains too please
Oh, and VOTE

venox

Post by venox »

framing is wrong.
check new poll for correct framing
read this thread for reasons why...

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

platy wrote:Poll is up.. Flash/venox/Ronk you guys were obviously too bitch to make it so driz did..
It seems you know the inevitable result so you wanted to continue making your moot points and argue in a thread which obvisouly nobody cares about anymore.. gg
Someone who spends 100 points on poisoning and needs to understand that it is NOT a pvp skill and should NOT be used in PVP tourneys.. You have an advantage on the field, along with no magery in town.. You don't see all the mages on the shard crying about magery in town do you? So get over yourselves.. take the advice of the 30+ people who told you to gain 30 magery or use scrolls.. Start using your brains too please
Oh, and VOTE
Why is poisoning NOT a pvp skill, can you explain?

Someone with poison skill can keep weapon poisoned at all times, not for just 12-15 hits. Managing the poison on the field is thus a skill.
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

Flash hardstar every time you make a post like this it accentuates why we shouldnt put in poisoning

In a nutshell, what blackfoot is saying is:

"oh god no, never! don't allow poisoning for dexers in duels because then it would make it somewhat harder to kill these guys, I prefer killing them with ease - one less obstacle to cross to get my trophy! I also think duels should only be allowed for mages because thats the uber class! You shouldn't be able to duel unless you're a mage cause thats the only skilled uber class! No, you can't take our spell to poison away, i'm aware its unfair but then I'd actually have to fight them dexer in a 1v1 tourneyrather than poison and run, poison and run. I don't care that a dexer gets poisoned and can't chug, or even heal for almost 40 seconds which is undoubetdly unfair, but if they can poison I want potions to cure it so it doesnt affect me at all and essentially nothing would change..Magery is the only wya to go, yeah! Ooo ooo! If they get poison I wand wands too! I would like anything more that would make it so the fights were still in favor of us mages so that super-non-elite class dexers can't compete! Don't do it Derrick, it will ruin the tourneys forever! they will be doomed, DOOMED! (the last part is classic of how governments in history for thousands of years have used fear tactics to keep/implimant laws... History 101+102, undergrad level)

so that super-non-elite class dexers can't compete!

what your saying is that people who have no skill at pvp should still be able to win tournaments?

and poisonign is absolutly a crafting skill during this era
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

kill drizitz wrote: ronk, r u seriously on their side? this thread blows my mind with how retarded u guys are. when EVER was poisoning a pvp skill before uo:r? if u want to use poison as a pvp skill, go to uo:r cuz t2a aint for u!! lol
I am not on any ones side, I don't even do tournaments. I am merely arguing what sounds reasonable to me. My pvp experience is with a bunch of orcs and it involves teamwork and tactics to bring down superior templates and prey...none of which has any barring on poison, tournaments, or magery.

In essence, my opinion is unbiased and based on the arguments/facts instead of some unyielding stance due to the risk of my character being gimp or overpowered.
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

draggle

Post by draggle »

Both of your polls are ambiguous. I'm sure both of you just made a few accounts to inflate your arguments numbers. But as the coding won't permit this change anyways, I think this thread dies here.

Flash Hardstar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Flash Hardstar »

kill drizitz wrote:
son wrote:Your bias is undeniable, try to keep it out of the poll :)
stop being a tool. u must be venox, or flash no doubt about it after this post.

also some people enter events with only 1 of each reg simply becuase its free use. think before u post.
Sorry bud, I only have this user on forums
Red wrote:Kill Flash, and I'm going to bet that his loot is worth more than 2k.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

flash hardstar who is that dude harrasing you in your sig there? should slap that guy givvin you hpv

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

kill drizitz wrote:blah blah blah
BTW, Since you seem to be of sub-par intelligence and you obviously like pictures. I figured this one applies:

------------------
Historic Bloodrock

malice-tg
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by malice-tg »

Flash Hardstar wrote:O.k. I know one of these has been argued left and right, but I feel it deserves another thread.

1. Survival Game

Provoking should not be allowed in survival game. I believe the whole idea of the survival game (being able to use pots, poison, magic weps) Is to see who can go the longest fighting these monsters. I just watched for near 10 minutes a bard and a 6X gm dexer go at it. Guess who won? My discrespency is not that a bard beat a warrior, but that a bard will ALWAYS win this tournmanet, it isn't fair to any of class in-game. Should be called something other than survival game, possibly music game? The bard can one after the other provoke monsters onto eachother as they pop out, and because they pop out in a sequential orde,r only slightly tougher than the last, the bard ends up with a room full of monsters fighting eachother that dont just dominate the last and then attack the bard. Arguable as to whats on paper, im talking the realistics of what happends when a bard enters this tournament. They take near no damage, and if they do its MAYBE one hit when the monster first pops out. even on tougher monsters, the way the game works they never run out of things to provoke. Yes, they MAY at some point run out, but no other play or class in game will be able to handle a terathen avenger, kill it in time before a cyclops pops out... dragons etc. the bard could probobly handle this till Ancient Wyrms pop out, it's not realistic of a "survival" game, possibly of a "bard" game. Also, if anyone claims they CAN beat a bard in this tournament, not only is it un-true, i'll meet anytime to watch it happen. Make this event not only fair, but give it a little meaning and skill. A 2X GM bard beating a 6X GM warrior in survival everytime it isnt even a slight advantage, it's 110% unfair. This one deserves a revamp. No more provocation.

1v1PvP

Yep, thats right, Poisoning!

Ok, so I want to know why Derrick, you don't allow poisoned weapons in 1v1 pvp. I have a skill on my character called "poisoning". It's amazingly useful in pvp, it's why it's on the character so I can poison a weapon at any time to defend myself against dominating tank mages. Some reasoning involves completely cancelling a warriors means of healing in these tournaments. A Mage can cast a 1 second spell, and cancel your heal for almost 40 seconds. Now, the mages that dominate this shard scream "no, no poisoned weps, no poisnoning" yet they cast poison on any dexer they fight. If a character with a skill labeled "poisoning" cannot use it, a whole 100 points of skills in a tournament when they were there for pvp purpouses to begin with, then why should a character with a skill labeled "magery" be able to poison? A "poisoner" cannot poison, but a mage can? The era is already giving an advantage to mages , and dexers are even more handicapped in GM run events. If a mage can poison in these events, why am I not allowed to poison a weapon during the fight and use it, it is a skill of mine too, except all mine does is poison, it doesnt cast Explosions and Energy Bolts! Poisoning weapons for characters with the skill allowed in events, or no poisoning at all!

NOW

For all you tank mages out there who want to keep not allowing poisoned weapons in, and mages allowed to poison people, I want ONE GOOD REASON why it should stay as it is. Don't make some lame excuse, don't be a smartass and leave un-constructive comments. If anyone has any one legitamate reason why we shouldn't be allowed to poison our weapons during the fight, or disable mages from poisoning as well, or why you think it's fair a mage can poison but a dexer can't, state your case. The reason may also not be that "it will be harder to kill dexers" Or "it will be unfair/unbalanced" because anybody whos been here a week see's how unbalanced the 1v1 3v3 are, and I think i've stated an extremely just case of why it is unfair for dexers. Please post why it would be unjust to have it in place. Please don't post "make a mage" either, I have one. I'm trying to make the system more fair, balanced, and bring more diversity and skill to the field.

I would also like for Derrick to make note of any legitmagely reasoned arguments against mine, and consider these stipulations.
i dont care about the survival game.

ill give you one legit reason no poisoning allowed maybe mentioned.

its a no pots tourny. DP weapon needs a pot. allowing the application of poison "during" the fight with the skill would be fine but you should in good conscience allow other pots also if you do. i think nobody wants pots in the 1v1 because you cant pick and choose what pots are ok. it isnt fair.

dp is ok? but no cure? red ok but no gheal?

its alot easier with no pots.

i didnt read all the replies i appologize if its been mentioned already.

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

malice-tg wrote: i think nobody wants pots in the 1v1 because you cant pick and choose what pots are ok. it isnt fair.

dp is ok? but no cure? red ok but no gheal?

its alot easier with no pots.

i didnt read all the replies i appologize if its been mentioned already.
I thought the reason for disallowing potions was because they drag the fights on and on? But yeah, the argument basically pointed out the big problem and thats without a cure potion a 'poison spell' is as lethal to anyone without magery as a deadly poison is to someone without a cure. Hence it was requested to either add poison and cures or take out the poison spell to remove poison completely.
------------------
Historic Bloodrock

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

the argument basically pointed out the big problem and thats without a cure potion a 'poison spell' is as lethal to anyone without magery <--

this was the argument

which is why this thread is over

lock pls

Flash Hardstar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Flash Hardstar »

You almost nailed it on thehead there blackfoot, atleast after 18 pages someone still understands the concept. I advice everyone reading to re-read my original post, reposted 2 posts up.

ok Driz, theres also only been around 4 people who were very against my original conclusion, and it only seemed liek more because these four continuously posted for pages. Throughout the 18 pages theres been alot more people for poisoning, but instead of tackling what blackfoot just pointed out was the original discussion, it ultimately turned into a "should we allow poisoning for dexers in pvp" argument pretty fast.

Also, these poeple for poisoning just put one post, their 2 cents, and went about their business. They didn't start flaming a concious board with immature, useless, unwarranted and irrelivant opinions. It surpasses me you have the time to find all these pictures and photoshop words into them, and time to continuously post them on the forum. Try World of Warcraft, there are more special needs children like you on that game.
Red wrote:Kill Flash, and I'm going to bet that his loot is worth more than 2k.

Mazer

Post by Mazer »

Flash Hardstar wrote:ok Driz, theres also only been around 4 people who were very against my original conclusion, and it only seemed liek more because these four continuously posted for pages. Throughout the 18 pages theres been alot more people for poisoning, but instead of tackling what blackfoot just pointed out was the original discussion, it ultimately turned into a "should we allow poisoning for dexers in pvp" argument pretty fast.
Thank god for polls:

http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic. ... 9&start=30

Looks like that argument fails.
Flash Hardstar wrote:Also, these poeple for poisoning just put one post, their 2 cents, and went about their business. They didn't start flaming a concious board with immature, useless, unwarranted and irrelivant opinions. It surpasses me you have the time to find all these pictures and photoshop words into them, and time to continuously post them on the forum. Try World of Warcraft, there are more special needs children like you on that game.
Says the guy who wants to make dexxing easier.