Discussion: Limiting Razor for era accuracy

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
sentrytheguard

Re: Discussion: Limiting Razor for era accuracy

Post by sentrytheguard »

I like razor...it helps alot...i just wish light levels was removed so every one has to carry nightsight potion and reagents and or candle , laterns torches etc. :mrgreen:

rouss

Post by rouss »

BUMP !

This has been brought so many times but we are yet to see an answer from Derrick (please reply if he did answered to this)

Back in the day, we didn't have Razor. We played plain client, more tech-savvy and/or hardcore players used to use UOA or UOE. Neither of them gave player those advantages that Razor has. And it completely destroyes game play at certain aspects.

Say, thiefs are overpowered today. They can use stealing and target by type. And the whole aspect of obscuring things of value in your backpack is destroyed. Why bother if the thief uses target by type thing? I'm already pwned. Etc, etc, etc.

Sure thing, without Razor we can't connect to UOSA, nor we're able to macro efficiently and legally (EUO is prohibited there). But we can cut off certain things that could make UOSA even more accurate. Hemperor posted his list already: http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic. ... 98#p100998
Chesapeake Nov. 1998 — July 2000
Second Age Feb. 2009 —

Populus

Post by Populus »

sentrytheguard wrote:I like razor...it helps alot...i just wish light levels was removed so every one has to carry nightsight potion and reagents and or candle , laterns torches etc. :mrgreen:
This sounds like alot of fun!
ImageImageImage
[cA]

Populus

Post by Populus »

rouss wrote: Sure thing, without Razor we can't connect to UOSA, nor we're able to macro efficiently and legally (EUO is prohibited there). But we can cut off certain things that could make UOSA even more accurate. Hemperor posted his list already: http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic. ... 98#p100998

Disabling the loop function? I'm not so sure about that one.. I mean, this is a really old game and most people probably wouldn't put the time and effort in to start playing here again. Us old hardcore players would have such an advantage over new players (or new old players) because they would have to gain their skills over a long, long time.
ImageImageImage
[cA]

rouss

Post by rouss »

Populus wrote:
rouss wrote: Sure thing, without Razor we can't connect to UOSA, nor we're able to macro efficiently and legally (EUO is prohibited there). But we can cut off certain things that could make UOSA even more accurate. Hemperor posted his list already: http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic. ... 98#p100998

Disabling the loop function? I'm not so sure about that one.. I mean, this is a really old game and most people probably wouldn't put the time and effort in to start playing here again. Us old hardcore players would have such an advantage over new players (or new old players) because they would have to gain their skills over a long, long time.
Loop should be preserved, of course. otherwise, this would create a huge obstacle for newcomers, they won't be able to gain skills like the vets here did. So, either you preserve this or wipe all the skills I think (which would be a nice thing for my liking if Batlin deciphers era accurate uodemo's skill gain system).
Chesapeake Nov. 1998 — July 2000
Second Age Feb. 2009 —

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

I went into depth of why it should be disabled and how players will still be able to loop macros, just not macros that can make a full spellbook and then drop it off at the vendor, all while afk! In short, further accuracy.

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat