I WON I QUIT I GIVING UOSA A BILLION GOLD IDOC PARTY EVENT

Topics related to Second Age
abercoby

Re: I WON I QUIT I GIVING UOSA A BILLION GOLD IDOC PARTY EVE

Post by abercoby »

GuardianKnight wrote:Short? The last accusation that I saw in irc was that it didn't go idoc early enough. Apparently it was supposed to fall at server up, but instead, it happened late in teh day.
Where on earth (eh I mean Britannia) did you hear that?
Rock hard, ride free

Onslaught-

Post by Onslaught- »

GuardianKnight wrote:Short? The last accusation that I saw in irc was that it didn't go idoc early enough. Apparently it was supposed to fall at server up, but instead, it happened late in teh day.
Facts would be better than assumptions.

Your last "accusation" was wrong.

Apocalypse

Post by Apocalypse »

Onslaught- wrote:
Facts would be better than assumptions.

Your last "accusation" was wrong.
Is there a definitive greatly worn time? I've always heard it was "about 3 days". Based on what I saw, it went IDOC approximately 2 days and 20-22 hours after it went greatly. Seems to be right in the ballpark as far as I can tell. But I'm not a full time IDOCer like some of you guys so maybe someone wants to comment on the exact time that places "usually" stay greatly worn.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

Onslaught- wrote:I'm still interested in knowing why the "greatly worn" timer on this tower was so short...
This was cleared up in my response found here.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Elk Eater
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Elk Eater »

In case you guys want to go conspiracy theory on Kaivan, I will calculate the timer from Greatly to IDOC using Cavewight's/Telamon's own method :)

According to Cavewight/Telamon a house is greatly worn for approximately 68.67 hours, plus server down times.

Sultan gave us a Fairly->Greatly time of 6:30 a.m. Eastern, Sunday November 17th.

On November 17th and 18th there was 7 minutes of down time each day. That's 14 total minutes to add.

Using WolframAlpha:

3:24 am EST | Wednesday, November 20, 2013

So the house should have went IDOC at about that time.

Add another 7 minutes and 17.25 hours of IDOC time (from the same spreadsheet) and we get:

8:39 pm EST | Wednesday, November 20, 2013

For a drop time.

This is about 5 minutes fast, I'm guessing Sultan's timer for the greatly flip was a hair less than 6:30 am since he said "about."
Lord Cavewight of GL wrote:I should have never defended you, turns out your exactly how the guild described you.. SCUM.

Ohm
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ohm »

Went greatly at 6:10am EST Sunday morning and went IDOC 2:57am EST Wednesday morning

Not saying the times were messed with, just saying the times I know to be true because I have the pics to prove it
[22:31:51] <wintergate> Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Elk Eater
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Elk Eater »

Ohm wrote:Went greatly at 6:10am EST Sunday morning and went IDOC 2:57am EST Wednesday morning

Not saying the times were messed with, just saying the times I know to be true because I have the pics to prove it
3:04 am EST | Wednesday, November 20, 2013 flips to idoc

8:26 pm EST | Wednesday, November 20, 2013 drops

according to Ohms numbers. In any event you can see that there's no big timing conspiracy going on here.
Lord Cavewight of GL wrote:I should have never defended you, turns out your exactly how the guild described you.. SCUM.

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

Ohm has a cannon.

That is all.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

J.G

Post by J.G »

i seent it

Downs

Post by Downs »

Lol @ really thinking a decay timer was manually adjusted by staff based on sketchy math and conspiracy assumptions.

Get real, the dude is gone and deserves it. His house fellwhen it was supposed to. Unless you actually timed it and have proof to back you accusations, just hit backspace instead of posting
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

Gork

Post by Gork »

Timing seemed perfect to me... it fell 8 minutes later than I thought it would! (probably because I didn't stay up to time the server down)

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

I wasn't told the timer till 30 minutes before it fell, but from just asking people a bit about times I was able to come up with my own timer that was within 4 minutes.

You conspiracy nerds need to go outside and play....in traffic.
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro

LiquidFire

Post by LiquidFire »

Elk Eater wrote:
Ohm wrote:Went greatly at 6:10am EST Sunday morning and went IDOC 2:57am EST Wednesday morning

3:04 am EST | Wednesday, November 20, 2013 flips to idoc

8:26 pm EST | Wednesday, November 20, 2013 drops

according to Ohms numbers. In any event you can see that there's no big timing conspiracy going on here.
May just be gossip, but i was told from some serious idoc participaters that the time was manually set to where it would drop during prime time, so for everyone that is complaining, i think it was adjusted with the best intentions in mind, and it was not secret when it would fall, so for everyone sad aobut it, my only suggestion would be is to get on the forums more and socialize, it pays off.
-Apac, Pro Solo Provo/Treasure Hunter, Part Time Businessman/Broker
-Krillin, Tank Mage, Wannabe PvP'er
-Brak, Apprentice Tamer
-Joseph, Meat Shield
-Opie, Kelvin, & Jimmy Houston GM Fisherman/Captains of the Valentine I, II, & III

Aeris
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Aeris »

This is just for the record:

While I never actually believed or tried to propose there was anything shifty going on, I did one (1) time in each of both the forums and IRC ask for an explanation why the FW-GW timer was < 72 hours, as I had always been told it was.

I'd never had an exact FW-GW timestamped screenshot before, only Kal Ort Por'ing in every 2-3 hours to check if it switched to GW, and then setting up a timer ~68-70 hours later accordingly, to make sure I got the switch to IDOC. This was done thinking GW was 72 hours exactly, as I had been told by many players it was (I guess I've been lucky in previous times not to get the timer setup too late!)

Both in forums and IRC when I asked, no one gave me the answer (perhaps wanting to keep the info private) so, thanks to Elk, I now have it :) I didn't know GW stage was 68h40m (including 30 minutes for two server saves; 68h10m real server time).

This is more than enough of an explanation for any of us asking why.

With Rose's video and my IRC log, it was easy to figure out that this thing fell at exactly 20:34:40 EST, which, using the FW-GW switch time of 06:10 EST and the duration of hourly saves at the moment...

72:00 - (06:10 - 02:57) = 68:47 - 14 = 68:33
20:34 - 02:57 = 17:37 - 22 = 17:15

...is pretty close to perfect.
Taboo wrote:News flash, you are weak as fuck and can do nothing to detour me.

You have a cat dancing around mixing a record on your signature. Shut the fuck up farnk.

/next

Zong

Post by Zong »

Kaivan wrote:
Sultan of Swing wrote:could admin please confirm that the decay time for this tower was not altered in any way?
Nothing about this or any other house decay timer has been changed.
Except, of course, for the fact that you induced the fall by banning the owner.
But, I know it was not that aspect of the house decay timer being referenced.