Combat Timer Trial and other proposed changes now on Test

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
marmalade

Re: Combat Timer Trial and other proposed changes now on Tes

Post by marmalade »

only problem is its going to be pretty easy to set razor macros to do all the timing for you. but its definitely an improvement and fun.

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

I think the equip delay for hally should be removed.

Jimi[DF]

Post by Jimi[DF] »

Psilo wrote:I think the equip delay for hally should be removed.
I think so also. I remember using uoe because hally didn't have an equip delay like it did with the client equip/unequip macro.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

ye the client equip macro was really bad and had a long delay.

that wasnt a mechanical thing in the game code though, it was just the client itself. idk what caused it but if you used the in game equip macros, it would take a crazy long time to arm or disarm the weapon if you'd already done it in the past few seconds.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

nightshark wrote:ye the client equip macro was really bad and had a long delay.

that wasnt a mechanical thing in the game code though, it was just the client itself. idk what caused it but if you used the in game equip macros, it would take a crazy long time to arm or disarm the weapon if you'd already done it in the past few seconds.
This is still the case, Razor will do it much faster, but there is still a prep time applied on equiping.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

saltyclappers

Post by saltyclappers »

How close is this till live publish? I logged on over the weekend to try things out... and couldnt be more unhappy. The insta dbl hally is nuts... precast an eb and then do that and you can get a possible of 120 dmg in 1 second.... its okay to die like this retardedly on test, but on live when you already have 20 counts, regs, weps, etc. and someone gets this off and you instantly die. I cant imagine how frustrated that will make players. Not to mention that if you have 2 people doing this to you? Sheesh. The best char and easiest to play will be a char with 100 anat/swords dex and then just chase someone with a hally... every time they try to stop to cast or whatever they get hit with a hally (possibly a dbl hit)... just keep enough int to cast interrupt and you're golden. That definitely doesnt sound very fun... at all.

Before, I complained about the new patch but I didnt really try it out until this weekend. Now, after playing it for hours... its even more worse than I thought. I guess this is era-accurate (I heard about the decompile, etc.) but it sure as hell isnt gonna be fun... but keeping people and making it fun obviously isnt the goal here, right?

Of course these are just IMO... but, from the people I was playing with over the weekend on test.. pretty everyone thought it was just a joke... maybe whats on test isnt even close to being published, in that case... hopefully things will get fixed.

I give it (10) sad faces...
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
<Bongy> runnin around on mares actin like yall dont die the only reason crew can run like that is the real pvpers allow it

Image ...I win!

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

We've really just been toying with some on the variables. We have the pre-T2A decompilation, not a T2A decomplilation, so it's been a process of tweaking and testing. When we feel there's something solid on test we will post; but what was on test over the weekend was 4 different revisions, and in the end reverting back to something closer to what was on there last week.

It's a bit of a preview in some sence, but mostly an experiment right now.

I give it two happy faces, 7 neutral faces, and a question mark.
:) :) :neutral: :neutral: :neutral: :neutral: :neutral: :neutral: :neutral: :?:
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

marmalade

Post by marmalade »

Derrick wrote: I give it two happy faces, 7 neutral faces, and a question mark.
:) :) :neutral: :neutral: :neutral: :neutral: :neutral: :neutral: :neutral: :?:
made me chuckle

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

saltyclappers wrote:How close is this till live publish? I logged on over the weekend to try things out... and couldnt be more unhappy. The insta dbl hally is nuts... precast an eb and then do that and you can get a possible of 120 dmg in 1 second.... its okay to die like this retardedly on test, but on live when you already have 20 counts, regs, weps, etc. and someone gets this off and you instantly die. I cant imagine how frustrated that will make players. Not to mention that if you have 2 people doing this to you? Sheesh. The best char and easiest to play will be a char with 100 anat/swords dex and then just chase someone with a hally... every time they try to stop to cast or whatever they get hit with a hally (possibly a dbl hit)... just keep enough int to cast interrupt and you're golden. That definitely doesnt sound very fun... at all.

Before, I complained about the new patch but I didnt really try it out until this weekend. Now, after playing it for hours... its even more worse than I thought. I guess this is era-accurate (I heard about the decompile, etc.) but it sure as hell isnt gonna be fun... but keeping people and making it fun obviously isnt the goal here, right?

Of course these are just IMO... but, from the people I was playing with over the weekend on test.. pretty everyone thought it was just a joke... maybe whats on test isnt even close to being published, in that case... hopefully things will get fixed.

I give it (10) sad faces...
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
It's still being tested and if you ask me the new changes are A HUGE IMPROVEMENT from what we currently have.

The only people complaining are the pvpers who haven't practiced enough with the new mechanics.

Pro

Post by Pro »

sclams is dumb and probably didn't realise mini-heal isn't disruptable.

saltyclappers

Post by saltyclappers »

Nay sir... with the hally cycling as you run... with heavy dex each time you stop, say... to mini-heal, you get swung at for up 40 dmg just with a GM hally... it's even more stupid when magic hallies come in to the picture.

okay, so then go with 80 dex and 40 int, drink a dex pot back to 100 dex... now you can cast finishing EBs... even more stupid... and if 2 people like that are chasing you, it goes from stupid to completely retarded.

right now, 2v1s vs dexxers are extremely fun... that wont be fun at all.

these are just imo on the current situation on test... i know i know, its still being worked on, etc. etc. etc....
<Bongy> runnin around on mares actin like yall dont die the only reason crew can run like that is the real pvpers allow it

Image ...I win!

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

The "no combat timer advance while moving" was integrated into test friday night. It doesn't exactly mean what we thought it meant, but it is on there.

Currently on test: Insta-hit, Prep time when equiping, and no combat timer advance when moving.

These are the essential differences that we have identified between pre-t2a and t2a combat. However as above, we are till very much in a testing phase, and the precise intervals associated with the above "features" is undocumented. A reasonable assumption of 1 second prep time has been made/interpreted based on other similar OSI timings and statements.

Faust

Post by Faust »

What do you mean Derrick?

Does the timer no longer advanceswhen moving just like how it doesn't on the live server?

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

Faust wrote:Does the timer no longer advanceswhen moving just like how it doesn't on the live server?

Yea I just tested and it seems this is the case. Swing timers are no longer advancing while moving... Darn... this was a major selling point for me.. Is it a permanent decision?

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

yea i thought you guys found out that swing timer did advance on the move in era. that was what i was looking forward to :<
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE