More bugs added August 17

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Kenrick

Re: bugs

Post by Kenrick »

~|~Damaja wrote:
Kenrick wrote:
Derrick wrote:Fence repaired. Thanks.
If you plugged the hole in the Moonglow GY fence, then you're making it less accurate. That hole has always been there. :mrgreen:
that was always there? My whole noob days were killing things and getting pked there at that gy and never did I go through or see anyone go through that gap. weird
As far back as I can remember, yes. But if nobody's gonna back me up on it, then I guess I'm in that boat alone and Derrick can make up his own mind about it. Doesn't affect me one way or the other, just speaking what I remember to be true. :P
how does I bought horse?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Becuase it's not in the client map file, it could have been closed on some OSI shards and open on others. I think it makes sence to fix it as it looks more like a map error than not.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

~|~Damaja wrote:
Storm wrote:
nubblie wrote:it seems mobs attack at to far of a distance I was doing some pvm'n today and I had mobs attacking me from at least 2 screens away... I dont remember anytime in OSI where they attacked from that distance.
I tend to agree with this a little.
I was eventually going to bring this up to :) I remember if you got the thing off your screen then it wouldn't aggro to you anymore. Also the ai pathfinding was only like 1 or 2 tiles. So they got stuck behind things alot. I have had monsters move backwards more then 4 tiles and move over atleast 3 tiles to get around something and continue after me.
AI is still a little more Advanced than it was in the era. But a bug was found that was allowing caster to follow essentially forever has been fixed and some of the ranges for following have been reduced. This will be effective after the next shard restart, along with the fix to Healing slippage mentioned earlier.

Gereint

Post by Gereint »

If you plugged the hole in the Moonglow GY fence, then you're making it less accurate. That hole has always been there. :mrgreen:[/quote]

that was always there? My whole noob days were killing things and getting pked there at that gy and never did I go through or see anyone go through that gap. weird[/quote]

As far back as I can remember, yes. But if nobody's gonna back me up on it, then I guess I'm in that boat alone and Derrick can make up his own mind about it. Doesn't affect me one way or the other, just speaking what I remember to be true. :P[/quote]

I remember that gap as well. My archer got killed there from mobs slipping through.

ironfistmax

Post by ironfistmax »

If there was a static tile missing inside minoc bank that made you crash everytime you went over it, would you keep it because it was in that era before they could fix it? I think static tiles missing, whether they were in T2A or not, should be fixed and not kept in because OSI at the time didn't have time or didn't see it in time to fix it yet.

Storm
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Storm »

ironfistmax wrote:If there was a static tile missing inside minoc bank that made you crash everytime you went over it, would you keep it because it was in that era before they could fix it? I think static tiles missing, whether they were in T2A or not, should be fixed and not kept in because OSI at the time didn't have time or didn't see it in time to fix it yet.
Apples and oranges my friend.
Revenge is a dish best served cold.

Fryguy|M|

Post by Fryguy|M| »

- also the resource gain bug I mentioned to you derrick. Your choice

What is this?

~|~Damaja
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by ~|~Damaja »

Fryguy|M| wrote:- also the resource gain bug I mentioned to you derrick. Your choice

What is this?

I actually didn't know this went for all resources until I went searching for more info on the bug. My friend and I did this for fishing only. Basically you filled your backpack with 125 items ( max you can hold) then when you fished you could catch a fish but it wouldnt go in your pack because you can't hold anymore items then it would just put it back where it came from. We GMed fishing from the docks on moonglow fishing the exact same spot. It never went dry. After searching for some info to show the Devs about this bug it showed up that anything could be done this way. So you could mine the same piece of ore over and over and gain. Chop the same tree and never run out of wood. You didnt get any resources gathered but youd gain skill. To bad we didn't think to try it for anything else but fishing back in the day :(

Sauron

Re: More bugs added june 15

Post by Sauron »

Aye, aggro was based on screen unless an area effect spell was cast if my memory serves.

Falx

Post by Falx »

If you dont want sticky bars, dont update past 5.0.1. client.

~|~Damaja
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by ~|~Damaja »

bump june 29

~|~Damaja
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: More bugs added july 8

Post by ~|~Damaja »

bump

Derrick

Re: More bugs added july 8

Post by Derrick »

~|~Damaja wrote:- if a stat is pointing down and your not yet max stats you will lose that stat when gaining another. Wouldn't do this until you were max stats

- I think bladespirits might be acting like Energy vortex and targeting who ever has most INT. I had one go right past the drake and target the dragon which was further away
http://web.archive.org/web/200003052320 ... adesp.html
Stat atrophy when pointed down is a chance based on the ratio of your total stats to your max stats (225) so as you approach the stat max, the chance of losing a stat increases but it's not guaranteed until that point.

The BS went after the dragon becuase dragons are stronger than drakes.

~|~Damaja
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: More bugs added August 17

Post by ~|~Damaja »

bump aug 17