Unofficial To-Do List

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
tekai
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Unofficial To-Do List

Post by tekai »

Bandages cut one at a time is not in our time frame faust.

that was changed the same patch that newbied house deeds.

It's my most hated patch that took out paralize no count.
[broken image]

Faust

Post by Faust »

No, you are wrong.

The patch you are referring to is below...
New tinkering menu, pets, auto-stacking, and more. May 25 1999 9:41AM CST - http://wiki.uosecondage.com/index.php?title=1999_Patch_Notes wrote: Bandages will now automatically stack when you make them. There will also only be one type created (instead of two types that do not stack together, like now).
This particular patch will auto stack a bandage into a similar bandage pile not cut the entire stack. Before this patch bandages would not stack into piles when cut forcing you to "cut" one bandage and than "drag and stack" that bandage into a pile.

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

Faust wrote:No, you are wrong.

The patch you are referring to is below...
New tinkering menu, pets, auto-stacking, and more. May 25 1999 9:41AM CST - http://wiki.uosecondage.com/index.php?title=1999_Patch_Notes wrote: Bandages will now automatically stack when you make them. There will also only be one type created (instead of two types that do not stack together, like now).
This particular patch will auto stack a bandage into a similar bandage pile not cut the entire stack. Before this patch bandages would not stack into piles when cut forcing you to "cut" one bandage and than "drag and stack" that bandage into a pile.
Faust is right on this aspect. You cut them one by one, but they did autostack as long as they were the same hue.

tekai
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by tekai »

Ah my bad, I'll stand corrected on that one.

Glad I already did my sheep farm =)
[broken image]

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

Why do I even bother linking the topics? :P

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

esteban

Post by esteban »

Now that the invulnerability of stablemasters in blessed player-run towns have been proven http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8712, as well as closure from Derrick regarding giving the GM's blessing on a new one http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic. ... 2&start=75, will you add the stablemaster changes in this list?

I appreciate your initiative to compile this list for the betterment of era accuracy.

Faust

Post by Faust »

NPC's name text should not be yellow in color but instead blue like non-criminal/muderers. The invulnerable NPC's should have the tag imbedded next to the name just like the frozen message when paralyzed, etc... Also, GM/Staff names should appear grey instead of purple in color too.

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Faust wrote:NPC's name text should not be yellow in color but instead blue like non-criminal/muderers. The invulnerable NPC's should have the tag imbedded next to the name just like the frozen message when paralyzed, etc... Also, GM/Staff names should appear grey instead of purple in color too.
I dont' recall there ever being "(Invulnerable)" tags on the live shards, I always thought this was a shard emulator thing.

Also, I dont' recall summons having "(Summoned)" next to their name...though I am sure it was added at some point to help prevent the age old "sell a summoned horse" scam
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

Faust

Post by Faust »

The picture that proved that player run stable masters clearly shows this game mechanic in action. Also, player run vendors used the tag and I provided a picture of one some where in that thread showingthe invulnerable tag too.

http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic. ... 2&start=60

Patch that implemented this game feature here.
1/29/1998 - http://update.uo.com/oldupdates/1-29-98.shtml wrote: Tags, like [frozen] and [invulnerable] will now appear over those who are affected in those ways.

This feature was wiped out when ALL invulnerable NPC's could be recognized by "yellow" name tags instead later in 2001. However, stable masters did receive the yellow name including the invulnerable tag in October 2000 but that is still out of our target frame.

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Oooh, I actually do remember the invulnerable note on NPC vendors. Guess I didnt' spend enough time around stable masters. I also do remember the frozen tag.

I don't remember 'summoned' though. I do remember renaming my demon to trick people into thinking it was a murderer...which wouldn't of worked once they patched it to include [summoned]
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

I had to knock off quite a huge portion of the list thanks to the latest patch. It can be very hard to keep up with all the topics in this board so as a reminder: if you notice any confirmed changes to be done that I do not have listed here, please post them in this topic. Thanks!

Orsi

Post by Orsi »

I don't know if anyone has noted this or it was proved wrong, but the time it takes to hack at a tree seems very quick. It never takes more than 1 second to succeed or fail at an attempt. If memory serves me correctly, it varied from 1 to 5 seconds for any attempt, but not consistently 1 second.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I noticed lumberjacking taking longer a while ago when I was testing fletching on demo, but I forgot to jot it down, and it completely escaped me. Thanks!
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

Wow this is old, I plan on redoing it in the near future, just been busy with many other things lately... No one really replied like I had planned on this operating.

Would there still be any use for something like this in the near future? (if properly updated)

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Hemperor wrote:Wow this is old, I plan on redoing it in the near future, just been busy with many other things lately... No one really replied like I had planned on this operating.

Would there still be any use for something like this in the near future? (if properly updated)
I thought this was a great thread, but it hasn't been updated, many of the items in the list have been fixed.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."