Re-Introducing: King's Crossing Auction House!

Topics related to Second Age
Onslaught-

Re: Introducing: King's Crossing Auction House!

Post by Onslaught- »

Great turnout, people!

Thanks for coming, thanks to the sellers, buyers, and staff for the support.

If you wish to sell anything in the auction, contact me over the next 6 days!

Same bat-time next week, Tuesday @ 8PM EST!

Cromwell
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Cromwell »

Here are the results of the auction:

The total volume was 976.3k, and 1426.3k, including the sandals sold on account of the auction.

Some of my takeaways:

The lower-priced items did well, perhaps due to generally animated bidding? My little lot #12 sold for much higher than my vendor price, even though the starting price was 1 gp. I assume that was due to an included tip, thank you! :). (On a related note, UBB will soon be expanding to Yew Gate.)

As per lot #15, silver is now worth 14k.

Thanks to Onslaught for the auction!
"The Finest Arms, Armor, and Service. UBB."

Patek
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Patek »

Awesome event, thanks Onslaught. Thanks Cromwell too for the info.

See guys at the next one :)

Onslaught-

Post by Onslaught- »

Just some more information for future events.

15 - 20 items per auction will be about an hour of actual auction time.

And it takes about an hour for me to get everyone their items + gold. Time required will reduce once I get more organized though :P

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

I popped in randomly at one point and the tower roof seemed to have a good crowd on it. Looked like a great event. If anyone took screenshots, post them here so I can use them to promote the next auction on Facebook on the days leading up (Sunday/Monday?)
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

Onslaught-

Post by Onslaught- »

I tried taking screenshots but I failed :(

Also, I think you had the time wrong on the town crier, so there was a bit of confusion. It should be 8 PM EST. It was crying 2:30 or something

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

Onslaught- wrote:I tried taking screenshots but I failed :(

Also, I think you had the time wrong on the town crier, so there was a bit of confusion. It should be 8 PM EST. It was crying 2:30 or something
The town crier was saying 8pm EST in the main block of text, but his first sentence was "2:30" (he was supposed to be shouting for 2hrs 30 minutes, but that got mixed in with his actual speech dialogue)
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

killaboy

Post by killaboy »

Thanks for the auction, the turnout was well and there were only 2 items didnt sell. Hope to see you all again next week.
Attachments
Ursula_1-19_20.39.jpg
Ursula_1-19_20.39.jpg (244.18 KiB) Viewed 2663 times

[11:31] <@Vintirex-droid> Cause he wants to flirt like a 7 year old I'm out silver

[18:55] <Soma_> I would definitely go transginger for millions of doll hairs

Onslaught-

Post by Onslaught- »

Boomland Jenkins wrote:

The town crier was saying 8pm EST in the main block of text, but his first sentence was "2:30" (he was supposed to be shouting for 2hrs 30 minutes, but that got mixed in with his actual speech dialogue)
Ah, word. I delayed starting about 15 minutes so people would only miss the first couple bids if they did show up late.

FearItself

Post by FearItself »

Onslaught- wrote:
Boomland Jenkins wrote:

Ah, word. I delayed starting about 15 minutes so people would only miss the first couple bids if they did show up late.
overall i think it turned out very well, we had some late arrivals but they caught on quick, good to start a little later than planned to allow for stragglers haha.

looking forward to participating in the next auction!

Onslaught-

Post by Onslaught- »

It's the weekend! If you have items you want in next weeks auction, start getting them together! Contact me via IRC once you're ready for a pickup/dropoff.

ultra
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by ultra »

Why not run individual auctions on your own items on the forums and have complete control of your pixels instead of handing them over to someone else to play with? This idea boggles my mind.

FearItself

Post by FearItself »

ultra wrote:Why not run individual auctions on your own items on the forums and have complete control of your pixels instead of handing them over to someone else to play with? This idea boggles my mind.
really its for community interaction and such of course, but i have seen things get a better price at this auction than on forum or in game.

imo this is better than forum threading your goods, a lot more fun than sitting here watching a post and bumping it every few days, not that every item sells or will make above profits, but overall entertaining

ultra
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by ultra »

FearItself wrote:
ultra wrote:Why not run individual auctions on your own items on the forums and have complete control of your pixels instead of handing them over to someone else to play with? This idea boggles my mind.
really its for community interaction and such of course, but i have seen things get a better price at this auction than on forum or in game.

imo this is better than forum threading your goods, a lot more fun than sitting here watching a post and bumping it every few days, not that every item sells or will make above profits, but overall entertaining

Hmm, well it sounds like it may be fun. I will need to PM Onslaught requesting additional info.

Patek
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Patek »

ultra wrote:Hmm, well it sounds like it may be fun. I will need to PM Onslaught requesting additional info.

I buy and sell tonnes of stuff on the forums/IRC and I found Onslaught's auction awesome fun. As FearItself said too you can get pretty good prices on stuff you might otherwise have trouble moving and its a good event to get everyone together having a laugh.

Speaking of which, gotta go find some cra...awesome stuff to sell at the next one :P