Hmmm

Topics related to Second Age
Downs

Re: Hmmm

Post by Downs »

How about when mom would pick up the phone when you were fighting a lich in covetous and DC you?

Me and Miller used to fight for play time too lol.
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

Apocalypse

Post by Apocalypse »

Downs wrote:How about when mom would pick up the phone when you were fighting a lich in covetous and DC you?

Me and Miller used to fight for play time too lol.
OMG HORRIBLE FLASHBACK MOMENT!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Forgot about that. Wow, that used to suck.

When we eventually sprung for cable internet, I was WAY faster than most people. I was always waiting for my buddies to catch up. LOL!

Marvel

Post by Marvel »

I remember being chased by people who had Broadband while I still had 56k dialup.. At that point you might as well stop running and just accept that you're going to die like a man. Heh.

Drunk'n Disorder
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Drunk'n Disorder »

Once i killed an AFK fisherman and made my way onto his vessel. He had lots of metal chest full of stacks of gold. As i was picking one up my brother tried to log in and dc'd me. When i logged back in the chest was at my feet and i was kicked from the boat. I was unable to get back on =(.
PM on Discord - Nordic-IceMonkey

Marvel

Post by Marvel »

Drunk'n Disorder wrote:Once i killed an AFK fisherman and made my way onto his vessel. He had lots of metal chest full of stacks of gold. As i was picking one up my brother tried to log in and dc'd me. When i logged back in the chest was at my feet and i was kicked from the boat. I was unable to get back on =(.

I'd give my brother a beat down for that one back then! lol

Vandaen

Post by Vandaen »

A couple friends of mine executed a coup de tat on the poor lowbies at the bone wall one time. Mage friend gated a newbie char in loaded with purple pots. Mage followed through and blocked any escapees with an energy field. "Boom, Headshot!" would have been the proper exclamation had the saying been a thing back then.

He went pretty red that day, with a walloping 45/10/10 stat base and ~100 total skill points. Probably 20 murder counts with just a handful of purple pots, and not everybody there died. So many people used to play Great Lakes! Xroads was always a bloodfest and the guild wars between OGD and their rivals usually consisted of around 100+ people per side. On 56k, this was a truly amazing thing, looking back on it.

The only time I've seen that kind of battle in the last 10 years of online gaming was in WoW before battlegrounds were implemented. And honestly it wasnt nearly as fun.

Eastwood

Post by Eastwood »

The original days of UO was the best gaming experience I've ever had. My brother brought the game home with some Christmas money in '97. We grew up playing Ultima 7, Serpents Isle, and Underworld, and tried Ultima 8 pagan but we never got into that.

Anyways... UO blew my mind completely. I was a Freshman in H.S. at the time. I couldn't comprehend that these characters in Ultima were real life human beings like my brother and I. This game caused a lot of brotherly fights over the years, between my older, bigger brother, and our little brother. We'd fight for computer space, and time, eventually we had 3 accounts and 3 computers in the same room. At one point our best one was a 300mhz computer, and we had an ISDN or DSL network. Once i put a bow on, I was killing Dreadlord GM swordsman with my apprentice archer in the original great/dreadlord days. I remember this PK complaining how unfair it was that I could chase him and plug away with arrows.

It was a blast and I had a few friends from H.S. who played and would come over and we would rock the Brit graveyard.

I should add that the funniest human rage meltdowns I ever saw was my little brother getting PK'd in shame. He cursed the world, shook his fists, cried, screamed, it was amazing.
Catskills 97-99

LNE

Post by LNE »

RunUO code could not handle 5000 people.

Unaware of any free shard going over 2500 .

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

LNE wrote:RunUO code could not handle 5000 people.

Unaware of any free shard going over 2500 .
It wasn't RunUO.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Abyz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Abyz »

What was it?
hoaxbusterscall.blogspot.com

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

48a sphere
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.