i can't speak my mind? a personal story....

Topics related to Second Age
Freight Elevator

Re: i can't speak my mind? a personal story....

Post by Freight Elevator »

I mean you guys can make all the excuses you want nobody really plays. It felt empty when it was 500.

Not that I don't wish otherwise

Lambo wrote: And seriously what kinda pvper ever has a character with parry they take out into the field...... really

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

Freight Elevator wrote:I mean you guys can make all the excuses you want nobody really plays. It felt empty when it was 500.

No one is forcing you to lurk the boards buddy. The couple of hundred people logging into UOSA daily know who they are and seem to be doing so regularly.
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

If you're looking for someone to hold your hand and cater to you specifically, UOSA nor UO is the game for you. This is an old server. People play the way they want. All new servers come and go because they're fun at first due to the fact that everyone has to acquire items, gold, rares, etc. Then it's gone. This server is not gone, and playing smart is the only way to survive. I know you, and you know me. I'm not saying it in layman's terms for my health. Either play smart, look for the action and show up to events, or don't. There is no middle ground, unless you consider joining PEE and hiding in houses + sitting on WBB roof.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Ali

Post by Ali »

Aeris wrote:
500 others like you waiting around for that number to increase, yet you don't yourself login to help make it happen... mind boggling.

This is truth.
Boomland Jenkins wrote:
The Internet giveth and the Internet taketh away.

Nickodemuse

Post by Nickodemuse »

i saw farnk in irc the night he posted this. He had to be hammered more then Mt. Rushmore when he posted this...

WarmApplepie

Post by WarmApplepie »

Boomland Jenkins wrote:
Freight Elevator wrote:I mean you guys can make all the excuses you want nobody really plays. It felt empty when it was 500.

No one is forcing you to lurk the boards buddy. The couple of hundred people logging into UOSA daily know who they are and seem to be doing so regularly.
Owned 1 v 1.

But so true
Kaivan wrote:Stop hijacking a simple general discussion topic for your e-peen stroking Vega.
Ragancy wrote:Three certainties in life: death, taxes, and Malice at Terra keep.
Twitch.tv/warmapplepietg

Freight Elevator

Post by Freight Elevator »

Boomland Jenkins wrote:

I'm not being forced. I like to check in every once in a while hoping you made a positive improvement.

You haven't.

See you in a few weeks.
Lambo wrote: And seriously what kinda pvper ever has a character with parry they take out into the field...... really

Elk Eater
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Elk Eater »

Freight Elevator wrote:
I'm not being forced. I like to check in every once in a while hoping you made a positive improvement.

You haven't.

See you in a few weeks.
Be the change.
Lord Cavewight of GL wrote:I should have never defended you, turns out your exactly how the guild described you.. SCUM.

HardCore

Post by HardCore »

Easy there Red Bull....."This is an old server. People play the way they want. Either play smart, look for the action and show up to events, or don't. There is no middle ground, unless you consider joining PEE and hiding in houses + sitting on WBB roof." - some super hungry guy
The Core [PEE]: http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Guild/236
<Vega-> I'm about to go to the gym but that is worth missing a couple reps for
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMhfbLRoGEw

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

I hop in every few weeks because for some odd reason I have this hope/dream that Ill see "EVENTS BACK" on the boards, and then when I search through the pages and dont see it, I leave and go back to whatever it is I am doing.
For a while I thought they had a shot at coming back, but now I know it will never happen.
As for the people saying "make the change" or "log in" or even those who say "you dont need to lurk the boards, theres 'hundreds(yea right lol)' of people who log in daily, give me a break. We all have a right to voice our opinion on a server we played for years, especially someone like Farnk who has done a lot for this server. Some of you think hes like attacking this server, but all he was trying to do is make it better.
I hope one day, someone makes a new uosa, and leaves it "the way it was" from 2007-2011. The way it is now would work if we had 2-5k people online. But since we dont, itll never be as good as those first four or 5 years.

Flame me, Im gone, GL uosa, Ill check back in a few more weeks.
Last edited by Menkaure on Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Menkaure wrote: theres 'hundreds(yea right lol)'
As you probably know, we have a command in IRC that shows you how many unique IPs come to UOSA daily. It's hundreds daily and that doesn't include the fact that multiple IPs have been granted access to allow more than a single individual to play from their house. So yes, there are a few hundred daily regulars on UOSA.

We have been running events weekly as well and the feedback from players has been outstanding. We'll continue to run these in 2015.
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

So the irc command shows how many IPS logged into the game, or logged into IRC?
Because that IRC channel will get 100s of folks, even folks that havent played in months/years.
The games a different story. Where are these 100s of people?
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Ali

Post by Ali »

LOL

We have events.

They are not random. (Boom lets us know well ahead of time)

They are Trammy. (You don't lose your stuff upon dying)

They are weekly. (Usually on the weekends but sometimes weeknights.)

They are not all 1v1 red pot. (GMs are constantly trying new battle types.)

I'm sorry we don't have bag ball or a leader board yet. (I am guessing they are on the way in some form.)

YOU whined and cried and finally got what you wanted and you are still crying.
Boomland Jenkins wrote:
The Internet giveth and the Internet taketh away.

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

Ali wrote:LOL

We have events.

They are not random. (Boom lets us know well ahead of time)

They are Trammy. (You don't lose your stuff upon dying)

They are weekly. (Usually on the weekends but sometimes weeknights.)

They are not all 1v1 red pot. (GMs are constantly trying new battle types.)

I'm sorry we don't have bag ball or a leader board yet. (I am guessing they are on the way in some form.)

YOU whined and cried and finally got what you wanted and you are still crying.

1) Who are you?

2) I look at the event page and only see "tournamentS" and every now and again some dumb gem encrusted invasion or something silly.

3) Events that need brought back: Capture the Flag, Bag Ball, Dom, Last Man Standing, and yes tournaments with leader boards because believe it or not people have E-EGOs and love to have their name on the boards.

4)No one is crying stop trying to turn the post into something its not.

Other than the weekly tournaments that Ashe used to hold, the coolest event I seen in 2 years was Fede/Jays olympics.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Menkaure wrote:So the irc command shows how many IPS logged into the game, or logged into IRC?
Because that IRC channel will get 100s of folks, even folks that havent played in months/years.
The games a different story. Where are these 100s of people?
That's for the game. It tells you the following...

Server version
Total number of Mobiles
Total number of items
Total number of guilds
Total number of accounts online
Total number of unique IPs online
Total number of unique IPs for the day
Total current uptime
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.