No
20%

Total votes: 20

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Community Poll - Dueling Dock Expansion

Post by Light Shade »

Kaivan wrote:This is a rather recent decision, and this is the first time that any player requested any upgrades since the decision was made, which made this the best public place to make players aware of the change. As for prior staff actions, this is largely in response to the fact that staff has made such changes without any guidelines in order to prevent any more problems of this nature from cropping up.
I hope you all get this straightened out going forward. It's too bad that irreparable mistakes have already been made, though.
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro

Brules

Post by Brules »

Light Shade wrote:
Kaivan wrote:This is a rather recent decision, and this is the first time that any player requested any upgrades since the decision was made, which made this the best public place to make players aware of the change. As for prior staff actions, this is largely in response to the fact that staff has made such changes without any guidelines in order to prevent any more problems of this nature from cropping up.
I hope you all get this straightened out going forward. It's too bad that irreparable mistakes have already been made, though.

Agreed and I hope they ask for input from the players in regards to a new policy going forward.

I would hope they can address this soon as this type of thing is what keeps the shard alive and viable.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

Light Shade wrote:
I agree that things should have been handled differently, and hopefully we will be able to come up with an effective policy that prevents anything like this in the future. Unfortunately, crafting a good policy that effectively contends with things that we're expecting to run into when managing add-ons of this nature will take time. We'll need to consider many guidelines including initial level and type of participation, upkeep costs (if any), limits on requests, and methods of upkeep to name a few things.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

HardCore

Post by HardCore »

"Unfortunately, crafting a good policy that effectively contends with things that we're expecting to run into when managing add-ons of this nature will take time. We'll need to consider many guidelines including initial level and type of participation, upkeep costs (if any), limits on requests, and methods of upkeep to name a few things." I'd be happy to help start a draft of this new policy since I have already solved the initial dueling expansion request.

Expansion #1 : Solved. New arena will be up and running by tomorrow to accommodate multiple duels (Red Skull Bay and "need catchy new name for arena).

Expansion #2 : Solved. Red healer for instant rezzes.

Don't forget to continue to use the dock and vendors....Yar!

The Core [PEE]: http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Guild/236
<Vega-> I'm about to go to the gym but that is worth missing a couple reps for
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMhfbLRoGEw

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

You're welcome to utilize old arenas from prior town add-ons, but those add-ons will be subject to the new policy with respect to the guilds that they were previously associated with. Unfortunately, you cannot just move in and claim an old set of add-ons at this time.

As for the policy itself, it will be written internally.

Brules

Post by Brules »

Kaivan wrote:
As for the policy itself, it will be written internally.
So no input from the players?

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

We may solicit some player input once a draft is complete, but I don't see player input coming into the equation before that time.

HardCore

Post by HardCore »

Unfortunately, you cannot just move in and claim an old set of add-ons at this time.
I can't? That's exactly what I did. Anyone can move wherever they want and claim it as their guild town. It's our sandbox. I'm going to place a house in Bucs Den and claim that as The Core's pirate town.

Since you aren't able to take away any add-ons based on your prior statements, the new arena now belongs to [PEE]. The chances of any sort of new policy on town add-ons hitting the shard is slim to none. Feel free to stop by and watch some duels whenever you want!

Yar!
The Core [PEE]: http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Guild/236
<Vega-> I'm about to go to the gym but that is worth missing a couple reps for
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMhfbLRoGEw

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

HardCore wrote:
Unfortunately, you cannot just move in and claim an old set of add-ons at this time.
I can't? That's exactly what I did. Anyone can move wherever they want and claim it as their guild town. It's our sandbox. I'm going to place a house in Bucs Den and claim that as The Core's pirate town.

Since you aren't able to take away any add-ons based on your prior statements, the new arena now belongs to [PEE]. The chances of any sort of new policy on town add-ons hitting the shard is slim to none. Feel free to stop by and watch some duels whenever you want!

Yar!
Actually, you just moved in and started using existing add-ons. We don't recognize them as yours.

Oh, and if it were deemed necessary, we could remove it despite previous statements, as we are free to revise our current position at any point in time. We don't have any particular reason for doing so just now, but you can't hang our statements over us as a vehicle to do something that isn't a recognized practice.

tekai
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by tekai »

I can't believe an adult just posted that.

Just wow.

I feel really bad for Derrick. His legacy is "Gave shard to terrible person"
[broken image]

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

You're free to think that its childish that we are free to respond by removing decorations when a group of players move in and claim it as their own, and then demands that we treat it as theirs and do things for them, but that doesn't change the fact that it is a reasonable response to an unreasonable action.

However, you will refrain from attacking myself or any other staff member publicly on the forums any more. You have not contributed to any discussion, nor brought up any reasonable criticism; your actions here - and in other threads - have served only as attacks. Don't do it again.

Brules

Post by Brules »

tekai wrote:I can't believe an adult just posted that.

Just wow.

I miss Derrick. Really really really miss him........

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Brules wrote:
tekai wrote:I can't believe an adult just posted that.

Just wow.

I miss Derrick. Really really really miss him........
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

WarmApplepie

Post by WarmApplepie »

This is truly unbelievable, a player trying to spice up the action on uosa makes a post about using an old arena and GM rains on said parade with, I can take it away if I want? Dafuq. Wouldn't the correct action be to say, "Awesome job. If there's anything you need from us lmk. I'll look into seeing if I can get said requests to happen."

Dat Chit Cray
Kaivan wrote:Stop hijacking a simple general discussion topic for your e-peen stroking Vega.
Ragancy wrote:Three certainties in life: death, taxes, and Malice at Terra keep.
Twitch.tv/warmapplepietg

TI_Smithy

Post by TI_Smithy »