Not needy in any way....

Topics related to Second Age
Capitalist

Re: Not needy in any way....

Post by Capitalist »

The flaw in your entire post is that you think they're not reinstating what you have deemed a temporary mistake or slip-up. They're simply editing out some of the things that were broken (not at all what you're referring to with the stairs being against trees or what not - this is exactly what they intended to happen), which is that the stairs on the Z axis enabled people to place messed up housing that the patch didn't intend to have happen. I was the first person to realize this, and when I reported it they took the server down and the patch out for 24 hours so they could fix it. You seem to be misinformed, and wrote a lot to verify it.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Anarcho
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Anarcho »

I will confirm for the final time that these 3 houses are placed correctly as the patch intended. I only reverted to take out the leniency that I described above, the proper changes will make their way back in.

Further, patches are found to be incorrect and changed all the time on UOSA. Infact, Derrick had very similar placement system in place as we saw this morning for a period of time. We don't revert and pull left and right, oddities happen and that is UO.

I have taken ownership for the mistake and apologised for any inconvenience, but I think we should stop exaggerating the consequences at this point.

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

Anarcho wrote:I will confirm for the final time that these 3 houses are placed correctly as the patch intended. I only reverted to take out the leniency that I described above, the proper changes will make their way back in.

Further, patches are found to be incorrect and changed all the time on UOSA. Infact, Derrick had very similar placement system in place as we saw this morning for a period of time. We don't revert and pull left and right, oddities happen and that is UO.

I have taken ownership for the mistake and apologised for any inconvenience, but I think we should stop exaggerating the consequences at this point.
Its no biggie man. Honestly you and boom and mammoth do enough good for the shard it outweighs the bad. Mistakes happen. Some are always gonna get a bit upset
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Abyz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Abyz »

Mmmmmmmuah
hoaxbusterscall.blogspot.com

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Anarcho wrote:I will confirm for the final time that these 3 houses are placed correctly as the patch intended. I only reverted to take out the leniency that I described above, the proper changes will make their way back in.

I have taken ownership for the mistake and apologized for any inconvenience, but I think we should stop exaggerating the consequences at this point.
Hemp if you believe the houses are properly placed I'll go with that, I'm not here to argue semantics. I just don't want to see the same housing situation happen like in the past where we ended up with weird house placements (like Eo ending up with 5 houses in Wind) and people end up keeping them because nobody wants to be the bad guy and correct it (Eo deeded 4 of them, he's a good guy.) Oddity or not, it ruins the feel of UOSA (for me anyway, not like anyone else cares) when there is weird crap out of place.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

[Uhh] Eo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by [Uhh] Eo »

Derrick wrote: Most rares on OSI originated from staff, or code errors. I don't think it's acceptable to take items from players except in the most serious of circumstances.
Pay attention to patch notes because they affect the game hugely. Unless Vega knew about this patch before the UOSA public, there is absolutely no reason to remove any item.

It appears to me that we all had the same opportunity, as short lived as it was.

Just as a disclaimer, I don't like Vega and my previously lone-standing Ocllo house was devalued hugely by the patch.
nightshark wrote:Can PINK BOOTS ever be killed? Many think he's invulnerable, including myself.
SirPsychoSexy wrote:Being PKed awhile back on my bard by PINK BOOTS was one of the greatest honors I've had during my time here on UOSA.

[Uhh] Eo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by [Uhh] Eo »

OSI had way more impoperly placed houses, I wish this patch was left for a full day so we could be more era accurate in that sense. Where is our Despise Swamp house and Vesper bank alchemist small!!
nightshark wrote:Can PINK BOOTS ever be killed? Many think he's invulnerable, including myself.
SirPsychoSexy wrote:Being PKed awhile back on my bard by PINK BOOTS was one of the greatest honors I've had during my time here on UOSA.

Vega/Delo

Post by Vega/Delo »

Not that I logged in that day. Why do I have the small journal pop up when I join UO, if not to be updated on things changed. Like irc am I also to troll forum as well?

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

[Uhh] Eo wrote:Just as a disclaimer, I don't like Vega and my previously lone-standing Ocllo house was devalued hugely by the patch.
You never thanked me for alerting you to the patch.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Kublai Khan
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Kublai Khan »

ITT: Vega beats UO, again.

Congratulations Vega! He doesn't even try anymore and causes extreme cases of butthurt. Stop empowering him people...

Abyz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Abyz »

Hardly.
hoaxbusterscall.blogspot.com