Hidden costs of townships 2

Topics related to Second Age
Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Hidden costs of townships 2

Post by Budner »

Always in favor of more cowbell. Goes without saying.

TI_Smithy

Post by TI_Smithy »

Dungeon Guards is now defunct, please remove their add-ons.

Grimoric

Post by Grimoric »

TI_Smithy wrote:Dungeon Guards is now defunct, please remove their add-ons.
Even on OSI's Europa server there is still blessed items left from old civilizations and to me it is just cool.

I do not live near any GM or SEER blessed buildings so this dont apply to me but I still dont understand this hysteria on having them removed.

The orc fort in brit-yew-cove/minoc crossroads for example would be sad if it was removed from the game.

To me this sounds like "If I cant have a red shovel no one else should not have it - cry". If there is something like a road that is in the way for a house uppgrade then the house owner could call a GM and asked it to be removed but that is another story.

I cant see that a gm add-on saddle would harm anyone? Is it pure envy this is about or are you just asking our gamemasters in a strange way to come and bless some new items for active guilds? Or what is this about?

TI_Smithy

Post by TI_Smithy »

Grimoric wrote:
TI_Smithy wrote: To me this sounds like "If I cant have a red shovel no one else should not have it - cry".
I don't want it. I want someone else to have it. A new and active group of players to get the rewards for drawing in player activity.

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

TI_Smithy wrote:
Grimoric wrote:
TI_Smithy wrote: To me this sounds like "If I cant have a red shovel no one else should not have it - cry".
I don't want it. I want someone else to have it. A new and active group of players to get the rewards for drawing in player activity.
It does add to nostalgia, though, and especially to the lore and history of UOSA itself. Remember Ultima Online itself was based on this:
www.uo.com wrote:In Ultima history, a powerful artifact known as ‘The Gem of Immortality’ was shattered into many shards. These shards make up the universe of Ultima Online, with each one being represented by a different server (Catskills, Chesapeake, Napa Valley, etc.). Each shard shares a common history up until the point when the Gem was shattered (as to that point there was only one world and not multiple shards). From that moment, their histories diverged and each became home to their own unique people, places, and traditions.
When I come across abandoned roads, towns, etc, it makes me curious as to who the person, people, or guild that built it, what their goal or intentions of building it were, and ultimately what led to them abandoning it. Should places that still serve some purpose be demolished because they are no longer in use?

In the end, they reflect what this server at one point used to be, and hopefully they'll inspire new people to pick up where the previous tenants left off and not sit to rot for some pixel junkie to collect.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Freak Show

Post by Freak Show »

Capitalist wrote:Naturally, had GM addons never been there, the houses I mentioned would have fit. Thus, removal of them should have them fitting just same, no? Secondly, Shadowmire is another example. Pretty much everything but mYm is an example... I was being subtle when I said some, but in reality I meant _all_ places where GM addons were removed are broken where houses have fallen.
Aww poor Vega!!! Can someone please get him a box of tissues? He looted mine...
<Vega> cruising for a bruising with my fast ass![/size]
[00:01] <Jumbi> any other idiotic questions
[00:01] <Jumbi> no i cant tell your sex i am not a fortune teller!
[00:01] <Jumbi> leave me alone
[00:02] <Vega> rofl