Vendor

Topics related to Second Age
tiredat52

Re: Vendor

Post by tiredat52 »

Nearly 24 hours.....so yeah it was under pentagram but on top of floor inside house.
"Terrifying vegetarians everywhere"

Rammar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Rammar »

inkognito wrote:How long would you say it was there? So it didn't decay? Which would mean it was technically inside the house according to server code.
Gives me ideas to hide stuff in my "trap door" of my small.

Wouldn't count on that. 15k is pretty heavy. The heavier an item is, the longer it will take to decay, although I seem to have misplaced the rough algorithm I used to have. Historically though, people have left containers with a bunch of ore in them as "ballast" for days as a type of scavenger hunt.

inkognito
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inkognito »

I believe 15k is exactly 300 stones. I believe you are right, but 300 stones didn't seem too heavy to me. I'd like to see the algorithm if you ever find it. Just to get an idea. I probably don't have enough interest (or time) to actually make my own.
Li Meiyang wrote:Banned for"trashtalking for no reason"
Inkognito was flamebaiting me with all the "no" stuff.WTF is that?
Inkognito●GM Provocation

Myrnae
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Myrnae »

Menkaure wrote:If you collected 15k from the vendor it dropped to the floor.
I think I know what happened. Did you happen to hold ctrl+shift after you did it to see if it was on the floor hidden? One time this happened to me and I couldn't find the gold. Here it was right under me, but it was like it fell through the floor boards of the house. Hopefully its still there cause I think It can decay since its like under the house. Its also possible that a rug or something is hiding it.
I happened to be at the KA Rune house quite some time ago and just happened to do control/shift. I was delighted to find a pile of 60k gold under the floor. The weight of the object affects the decay rate, that's why you may see piles of 60k fish steaks on the ground weeks after the house has gone IDOC. Check the house again..