Land

Buying/Selling Housing

Moderator: Trade Moderators

Myrnae
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Land

Post by Myrnae »

Emforcer92 wrote:a 1 House/Account Rule would one of the better things that could happen to this Shard.
Who needs more than 3 Houses (big or small) anyway?

- It would make the Map look nicer without Houses virtually everywhere.
- New People could place a larger Home without trouble and be happy.

Great Spots like Moongate Vendor Houses, Castles plots, places like the House in Wind and so
on would still be premium and fetch Millions. Enough "capitalism" i think ... :)
The more people I hear say this really makes me want to put some effort into my Siege shard. With selling to vendors disabled, there won't be any capitalists. What a gold sink Derrick would have here even if he implemented say a 20% sellback penalty for house deeds. Then the shard would really be bare.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Myrnae fails to see the beauty of being a capitalist. It's not when and where there are opportunities as much as it is how you make opportunities. Make your Siege shard, and if it's good I'll excrete bloody feces all over its economy.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Nameinuse

Post by Nameinuse »

First, thank you all for taking the time to reply to my semi-flame post. I'm super frustrated because I just don't understand why home hoarding is a big draw for some people. I don't understand greed IRL either, so maybe this is a personal issue. :)

If I may offer some retort:

Capitalist wrote: He's quit multiple times within the past 7 days. Watch it, we've got a fragile one here.

150k Buyout on this small but god forbid 2x deed on a larger home.
Not even sure what this means. My accounts are 1100 days old... And that small I listed is next to a bank.... not many spaces next to banks right? Maybe worth a tad extra, idk...
Emforcer92 wrote:Who needs more than 3 Houses (big or small) anyway?
I echo Enforcer92's sentiments. A small vendor house in a prime location, a personal 2-story, and a guild tower.... 1 house per account is plenty imo.
Bixby Legbone wrote:My guess is you tried Dagger Isle (aka Ice Isle).

While you might see an average of 300 players online at any given moment; I encourage you to log into the UOSA IRC and type in !status. There's over 600+ unique IP address that log in daily.
Can we see the numbers of unique IPs over a month or year? These numbers you give yield 5+ houses per IP. Seems a little nuts. The 30-40 houses with the same name were labeled [DG] and adorned with royal blue awnings. Perhaps an old guild with many players but still begs the question, why do you need to take so much space away from other players?

Thank you again for your civil replies. I'm was simply hoping to open dialogue on this issue to get a better perspective. Is one house per IP even a realistic option here, or would it be non-era-accurate?

LiquidFire

Post by LiquidFire »

I personally have a small vendor house south of yew bank, and 3 other homes all in a clearing in the forest west of brit, i personally would not own more than the vendor and my keep but since there are 3 houses in this nook in the forest i decided to keep all 3 and decorate them with a theme, they have a purpose, they are decorated according to the brigand fort nearby, but anything more is just way too much trouble.

The only reason i can see owning more is just as a temporary effort to sell the home and buy another to flip for profit, but honostly, i agree, it is easier to just farm for the gold and buy from someone that is dedicated to idocing and placing homes.

Dont get stressed, housing is actually pretty reasonable, you might have a hard time finding a stone structure but a medium size home is very obtainable and not an issue at the moment.
-Apac, Pro Solo Provo/Treasure Hunter, Part Time Businessman/Broker
-Krillin, Tank Mage, Wannabe PvP'er
-Brak, Apprentice Tamer
-Joseph, Meat Shield
-Opie, Kelvin, & Jimmy Houston GM Fisherman/Captains of the Valentine I, II, & III

raasclaat

Post by raasclaat »

I agree its unnecessary to have 1 house per char instead of 1 per account and it harbors even more greed. The housing market here has generated money for lots of people - im not rich here but i'm actually thankful to have made a bit of gp from housing as I would have hated to have to do trade skills or farm - i just dont have the patience or time. The economy would have been very different and people would rarely move house if it were 1 per acct. But anyway, there's no changing that now, unless of course...SHARD WIPE!!!!!!!!!!!! (troll)

Emforcer92

Post by Emforcer92 »

raasclaat wrote:I agree its unnecessary to have 1 house per char instead of 1 per account and it harbors even more greed. The housing market here has generated money for lots of people - im not rich here but i'm actually thankful to have made a bit of gp from housing as I would have hated to have to do trade skills or farm - i just dont have the patience or time. The economy would have been very different and people would rarely move house if it were 1 per acct. But anyway, there's no changing that now, unless of course...SHARD WIPE!!!!!!!!!!!! (troll)
Why would you need a Shard Wipe for that? After announcing a 1 House/Account Rule give People 2-3 Months time to manage their excessive Houses. Plenty of Time to move stuff, sell or re-deed them. Alot of the hoarded Houses are probably empty anyway.

Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Budner »

Agree. Take the house per account maximum down incrementally over time, and it'll be a relatively painless adjustment.

Hell even taking it down from 5 houses to 4 houses per account would open up a lot of real estate.

Or only 2 houses larger than a small per account, or whatever.

I owned 15 houses at one point. I felt like an asshole and sold 13 of them.

Myrnae
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Myrnae »

Better discontinue talking about this before the thought police send you a nastygram like I got.

raasclaat

Post by raasclaat »

Emforcer92 wrote:
raasclaat wrote:I agree its unnecessary to have 1 house per char instead of 1 per account and it harbors even more greed. The housing market here has generated money for lots of people - im not rich here but i'm actually thankful to have made a bit of gp from housing as I would have hated to have to do trade skills or farm - i just dont have the patience or time. The economy would have been very different and people would rarely move house if it were 1 per acct. But anyway, there's no changing that now, unless of course...SHARD WIPE!!!!!!!!!!!! (troll)
Why would you need a Shard Wipe for that? After announcing a 1 House/Account Rule give People 2-3 Months time to manage their excessive Houses. Plenty of Time to move stuff, sell or re-deed them. Alot of the hoarded Houses are probably empty anyway.
yeah I was just trolling, I'm sure it would work giving people time to do that. It would possibly wipe out a lot of the players who come on only to refresh, but i don't think that's a bad thing, as the people who are here now and actually playing wont stop playing just because they can no longer own shtloads of houses - if they do, good riddance.

Sounds good, shake up the shard a bit