What monsters yield reflect items?

Topics related to Second Age
Bixby Legbone

Re: What monsters yield reflect items?

Post by Bixby Legbone »

Menkaure wrote:What about tmap chests?
Also, is level 4 boxs the highest the lper can pick? Or is there a level 5?
level 5 tmapper chests, is highest. 4 is highest dungeon.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Lambo wrote:
archaicsubrosa77 wrote:
Lambo wrote:Good post .

In case anyone is wondering about the drop rates for reflect in MIBs I recently did 875 which only produced 11 total reflect items.
:shock: Dude....Dude....875? We will be keeping an eye on thee, thou art on crack.
Lol if you have a good system it takes very little time. Could pull up 60-80 an hour. Putting in cords and organizing the loot is what takes up the bulk of the time.
I would love to hear it...to me that sounds like a lot of brain numbing :lol:
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote:
Lambo wrote:
archaicsubrosa77 wrote:
Lambo wrote:Good post .

In case anyone is wondering about the drop rates for reflect in MIBs I recently did 875 which only produced 11 total reflect items.
:shock: Dude....Dude....875? We will be keeping an eye on thee, thou art on crack.
Lol if you have a good system it takes very little time. Could pull up 60-80 an hour. Putting in cords and organizing the loot is what takes up the bulk of the time.
I would love to hear it...to me that sounds like a lot of brain numbing :lol:
You finally did all those damn MIBs? heyzeus!
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Greenhell

Post by Greenhell »

Menkaure wrote:What about tmap chests?
Also, is level 4 boxs the highest the lper can pick? Or is there a level 5?

Hey Menk, some numbers might be fuzzy but in comparison...

A level 4 dungeon chest typically has about 10-15 magic items, about 300 gold, and small 'bundles' of the little stuff, like say 3 of this scroll, 2 of that, 4 of this gem, 2 of that. Also there'll be maybe 15 of this reg or that.

Level 4 TMap chest has the same stuff, only in much higher amounts. I believe the gold is 5k'ish, many more gems, scrolls and regs, and a metric shit-ton of magic items. The items spawn at the same quality % as drops from everywhere else. So majority is junk, some force/hard, rarely power/hard and almost unseen Vanq/Inv. Same with clothing/jewelry, 99% junk, rest a mix of Bless/Protect, then Invis, and most rarely Tele/Reflect.

The ways they can be opened and interacted with is also different. Lvl4 Dungeon chests can be picked and manually opened from a tile away while invis. This pops the trap without revealing or damaging the player. Lvl 4 Tmap has a greater radius, trying to open it from a tile away will blow you up or gas you. So once the chest is picked I think it's 3+ tiles away with Telekenesis (or detect trap/disarm which I believe is an unnecessary waste of skill points).

You can loot the lvl4 dungeon chest while hidden and nothing happens. Picking up anything from inside a lvl4 TMap chest tho will randomly spawn high level monsters (same ones that have the chance to drop the maps in the first place, so Dragons, Daemons etc). The mobs are actually the best 'sure' money from TMaps because you can force the spawn until it's dry and usually get a pile of gold =/< the amount originally in the chest, so all said and done a guaranteed 10-12k straight gold from every map if you are uninterrupted. There's a limit to how fast this can all be done tho, so there's a little natural throttle on the income potential.

Also, level4 is the highest level dungeon chest available here. There was a cool, higher level 'puzzle chest' introduced later, but unfortunately they're not available in this era of the game.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

It always comes back to remove trap. Get a tinker trap GM...and see how far away you need to be to safely tele it. Most players wont tinker trap their chests but many vets will have everything trapped and locked and have the LOS set up in such a way there is no way you can safely tele it.

Just saying. If you are never going to loot a house you dont need it, but for me remove trap increases survivability.

This has nothing to do with the post but if you want to make a house looter/dungeon delver/t-map chest here is what I think is a good build

Hide
Stealth
Lockpicking
Detect Hidden 80

(helps you do lvl 5's sub GM LP...after you can drop it to 60 (required for Remove) for more tracking. You need 50 but 60 is good for finding people with little or no hiding on steps. You can't track everyone at once and you need in/out that front door or time to gate. Usually its an alt on guard and exposing him to mobs is a good distraction. They will either open the door and sometimes release a table, or step away from it fighting spawn in order for you to recall/gate or otherwise escape. Judgement is based on circumstance. Stealth, wait ten, detect, wait ten, target the steps, follow in if he goes in and hide because most likely you will have stumbled over the player. Hopefully he was distracted enough or spooked enough to open that door to escape to not notice your name pop. There are things you can do to make this even more tricky but I will leave that for you to think about.)

Tracking 20 (house hiders will ruin everything)
Remove Trap
Magery
Meditation 40
Stealing 60 (NPC Names helps to disguise movements with disguise kits, being thieves guild is good for this. Especially if you are watching people come in and out often. Some of the more targeted players have housesitters with tracking hidden keeping watch of who has been lurking around)
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.