Fake irc names

Topics related to Second Age
Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Fake irc names

Post by Menkaure »

vintirex wrote:for someone who claims to not have alot of time, you sure post on the forums alot.
No it was for me. I work for the state at a desk job, I'm able to post on the forums a lot.
Just not the game/irc/skype
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Report it to an IRC operator. Don't waste forum space with this nonsense.

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

MatronDeWinter wrote:Report it to an IRC operator. Don't waste forum space with this nonsense.
I did.
And I wast "reporting" it here matron.
I am at work and can't get on irc/Skype/game, so I wanted to make people aware so they were not scammed by an impersonator, I don't see how that's nonsense.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

azheman
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by azheman »

Menkaure wrote:I've been alerted there's a fake "Menk" on irc right now. That's not me, anyone whose ever talked to me in irc knows I use a different name. Don't get scammed by this person. I'm RARELY in irc, if you need to get a hold of me, pm me.
So let's get to the original issue here.

This "impersonator", whoever it may be, used a name which you do not use, nor does anyone else.

How is that a fake person? How is that an impersonation? How is that a scam?

Lawyered.

FishinPro

Post by FishinPro »

azheman wrote:
Menkaure wrote:I've been alerted there's a fake "Menk" on irc right now. That's not me, anyone whose ever talked to me in irc knows I use a different name. Don't get scammed by this person. I'm RARELY in irc, if you need to get a hold of me, pm me.

This "impersonator", whoever it may be, used a name which you do not use, nor does anyone else.

Lawyered.
BOOOOOM!! OWNED BITCH!
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=55362
^ What??? Another person got "treasureman'd" by cavewight?
Grats Cave on scamming another friend just for some petty wealth and getting away with it.

Come JOIN the -1 CLUB!

Join the KILL CAVE event!!

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

The impersonator used names of 2 of my characters and my main characters name, and my forum name, just shortened to deliver malicious intent. Say what you want az, if someone did this to you, you'd cry like a baby until someone was banned. But I'm sure there will be some bs about a technicality that prevents anything happening to you anyway so why I wasted my breath is beyond me. At least people can see your true colors.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

smit9352

Post by smit9352 »

FishinPro wrote:
azheman wrote:

Lawyered.
BOOOOOM!! OWNED BITCH!
Derrick wrote:Cavewights accounts were banned for accepting in-game goods for the promise of money.
Kaivan wrote:I wasn't aware that popular opinion was more valued than accuracy.

keelonzo
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by keelonzo »

FishinPro = Azheman

.... thoughts?

azheman
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by azheman »

Very likely.

The only tears here are Menkaure's (not Menk, he doesn't use that name).

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

azheman wrote:Very likely.

The only tears here are Menkaure's (not Menk, he doesn't use that name).
Ah yes I cried so hard about it didnt I? Please man, if alerting people about you trying to scam and/or harass people under my name is crying then I am not seeing something. And I was just big honest about my post about how no trouble will come to you, but I won't get into that. Again I can only imagine had I done this to you, I bet I wouldn't be in irc anymore.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Freight Elevator

Post by Freight Elevator »

Azheman wins by you posting this thread
Lambo wrote: And seriously what kinda pvper ever has a character with parry they take out into the field...... really

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

Freight Elevator wrote:Azheman wins by you posting this thread

I wasnt looking to "win" anything.
I had people PM me explaining what Az was doing. I was at work, and was unable to get on IRC, so I posted the thread to prevent anyone from getting scammed.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

armybyz

Post by armybyz »

Menkaure wrote:

I had people PM me explaining what Az was doing. I was at work, and was unable to get on IRC, so I posted the thread to prevent anyone from getting scammed.
This is by far one of the stupidest arguments I have ever seen on this forum. Considering you had people PM'ing you to let you know about what was happening, do you honestly expect anyone to believe that you were concerned that Az was somehow going to use an abbreviation of your name in order to scam someone?

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

armybyz wrote:
Menkaure wrote:

This is by far one of the stupidest arguments I have ever seen on this forum. Considering you had people PM'ing you to let you know about what was happening, do you honestly expect anyone to believe that you were concerned that Az was somehow going to use an abbreviation of your name in order to scam someone?
Let me rephrase what I said. I had people pming me why I was being such an ass hole. To which I replied, huh? And yes, many people thought that was me. Im not trying for anything by posting this, other then alerting everyone to not be fooled in IRC by someone pretending to be me. You all sit there and stick up for Az, and try to hug his defense, but if it happened to you, you would all do the same thing to prevent your friends and strangers from getting scammed, REGARDLESS of what you say now, people act differently when it actually happens to them. You can let it die now, but dont attack me for what I did when I was just trying to prevent anyone from getting burnt.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Budner »

keelonzo wrote:FishinPro = Azheman

.... thoughts?

No no. Azheman = Menk! Fun!