Topics related to Second Age
Arsen
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: The PK Treatment

Post by Arsen »

RaveGreen wrote:
Arsen wrote:i bet this miner killer is azheman
... lol, I've looked at your signature picture multiple times, however I JUST saw the uosa dude there on stage.... Easily distracted I guess?!??
some guy pmed me on forums once and begged me to take it off cuz he got in trouble at work when reading forums. he didnt know about the "set show signature off" option.
[22:00:50] <@Dupre> arsen isnt raging, hes jsut german, it just sounds taht way
[22:00:58] <@Dupre> hes actually very calm and gentle
[22:03:54] <@Dupre> arsen is also the best player here

testuseraccount
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by testuseraccount »

You know you are kind of messed up if you appreciate that kind of treatment.

Violence, in this game; like in reality, should only be used to settle disputes between parties with equal feeling of disparity (in a manly way). The wanton violence and murder ethic in this shard is simply a reflection of unfinished business from the old days, scaled up beyond reckoning, memory and directed at anyone who happens to walk by.

You are filling a role that shouldn't exist and is basically reserved for lesser order creatures.

This guy is acting like a wanton murderer, basically. Don't entertain him.

The oOo

Post by The oOo »

testuseraccount wrote:You know you are kind of messed up if you appreciate that kind of treatment.

Violence, in this game; like in reality, should only be used to settle disputes between parties with equal feeling of disparity (in a manly way). The wanton violence and murder ethic in this shard is simply a reflection of unfinished business from the old days, scaled up beyond reckoning, memory and directed at anyone who happens to walk by.

You are filling a role that shouldn't exist and is basically reserved for lesser order creatures.

This guy is acting like a wanton murderer, basically. Don't entertain him.
Violence, in this game; like in reality WAS used to settle the dispute we had over my ore & ingots...he was the better debater

*smirk*

Not sure if he was GM...but he was definately a MasterDebater

:D

couldn't resist [not GM either]

BaDum Bump Tscchh!
oOOoOoo Ooo Oo OOoOoo oOo

testuseraccount
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

You assume he had a right to your share, which he didn't. Your attitude is tantamount to a rape victim who enjoys being raped. Or a forced slave being bossed around by his owner and enjoying it.

A dispute only comes from two sides of reputable stance and motive, looking to make peace and solve differences, not to subjugate the other.

The oOo

Post by The oOo »

testuseraccount wrote:You assume he had a right to your share, which he didn't. Your attitude is tantamount to a rape victim who enjoys being raped. Or a forced slave being bossed around by his owner and enjoying it.

A dispute only comes from two sides of reputable stance and motive, looking to make peace and solve differences, not to subjugate the other.

Hmm..someone's been PK'd one too many times :D

I have just as much right to mine that ore, and keep it, as he does to kill me and take it. As far as I know there has never been a "Rape" skill in UO so your inference of a real-life emotional context for your analogy is somewhat lacking. After it's all said 'n done...we ARE still talking about pixels...

If an NPC monster capable of killing me randomly spawned at that location...how would it be different? Or would that monster be "raping" me also? Somehow subjugating me to their will?

If I chose to mine Destard...where Red encounters are assured...are they "raping" me also if they kill me because I have a "right" to mine the ore there?

Raped? Naa...he's just better at taking it from me than I am at stopping him...

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Zordak wrote:Why would a miner have low dex?
To gate his stuff and recall around to mining spots.
Very few miners are built to engage in combat.

Like mine is

Mining
Lumberjacking
Hiding
Stealth
Magery
Wrestling
Meditation 60
Tracking 40

There is no way I am going to fight with this guy, but he can remain hidden, scope the area, and has at least minimal chance to escape. You could make a dexxer miner but you would be carrying a lot more weight. Granted you can drag and drop. Me personally I wanted just a utility build, that could gather both resource and information, get into dangerous areas to mark etc.
You could substitute Med and Tracking for Blacksmithing to have better yields on smelting, and replace lumberjacking for arms lore if you like for an all around stealth miner blacksmith. I have another crafter however that is meant to make add ons.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

The oOo

Post by The oOo »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote: Mining
Lumberjacking
Hiding
Stealth
Magery
Wrestling
Meditation 60
Tracking 40

There is no way I am going to fight with this guy, but he can remain hidden, scope the area, and has at least minimal chance to escape. You could make a dexxer miner but you would be carrying a lot more weight. Granted you can drag and drop. Me personally I wanted just a utility build, that could gather both resource and information, get into dangerous areas to mark etc.
You could substitute Med and Tracking for Blacksmithing to have better yields on smelting, and replace lumberjacking for arms lore if you like for an all around stealth miner blacksmith. I have another crafter however that is meant to make add ons.

I've been wondering about miner builds here on uosa...the one thing I've noticed is a lack of visible miners here...seems everybody stealth mines [or recall mines]

The only thing I want a crafter for is to serve my own needs so I don't plan on doing a lot of bulk mining for ingots after GM'ing BS...beyond blacksmithing, mining and tinkering, for shovels, I haven't put a lot of thought into him...if not for better smelting for BS training I'd have locked his mining at 75...

I like the tracking idea...

testuseraccount
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Holy sh*t oOo, must be true that ghosts don't have eyes! Damn, can't even say what your saying; lol.

The oOo

Post by The oOo »

testuseraccount wrote:Holy sh*t oOo, must be true that ghosts don't have eyes! Damn, can't even say what your saying; lol.

is it really so important to you that I feel just as victimized as you do when pk'd??

ok ok...hre goes...I'm new so bear with me here...

rape!! omg! this pk killed my miner and TOOK MY SHARE OF THE RESOURCES!!!! OMG IMA QUIT!!! This games so unfair!! awmahgerd!! why do I even play when everybodys raping my resources!! awmahgerd!! Its unfair I tell ya!!

How'd I do?

folo

Post by folo »

The oOo wrote:
testuseraccount wrote:I have just as much right to mine that ore, and keep it, as he does to kill me and take it. As far as I know there has never been a "Rape" skill in UO so your inference of a real-life emotional context for your analogy is somewhat lacking. After it's all said 'n done...we ARE still talking about pixels...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockholm_syndrome

Also, are reds really recalling between mines? Haven't mined much but never bumped in to one so far...

Greenhell

Post by Greenhell »

Stop talking to your enemy. Also, make an invis item/recall macro and escape every time. Otherwise you are basically farming ore for this person which is dumb.

GeistSR

Post by GeistSR »

folo wrote:Also, are reds really recalling between mines? Haven't mined much but never bumped in to one so far...
A few are. They like to wait till you work up to the top of Mt. Kendall with a load of ore. Just like old times.

iako

Post by iako »

only few pks r good player rest are totaly nubs, they can kill you only 2 or 3 vs 1 when u have low hp or mana...
Only one thing i can say....sad guys. :lol: