~ Lets Talk About It ~

Topics related to Second Age
Pirul

Re: TROLL THREAD ~LET IT BEGIN~

Post by Pirul »

Vega, my friend, I fear you're fighting a loosing battle. People don't give a rat's ass about the time you spent building something up, they'll rip it out from under you in a sec if given the chance. Actually, the longer you spent "working" for something, the more enjoyment some people get from taking it away from you. I don't think complainig about posting an IDOC compares to complaining about getting PKed straight up, but it is not very different in the sense that you are complaining about something someone did to aggravate you. Not much different than posting complaining that someone looted your house, or stole your +10 silver viking sword of force at WBB.

Also, I'm surprised Kaivan visited this thread and didn't send it to TT, where it belongs.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

The oOo

Post by The oOo »

oooOoO sweet! a troll thread!

Being new to the shard here is my 2c

LARGE housing here is consolidated to the very rich, for no other reason I can see than to make ludicrous profits from selling these same houses to the newer player base wishing to move up in the world.

This is NOT a complaint, merely an observation.

IDOCs are ONE way for a new player to get around this. By placing a small and gaining a larger spot new players have a chance to move up. Conversely they can go for IDOC loot till they've made enough gold to purchase a larger house from a Vet player, at exorbitant cost [usually twice deed price]...either way it is a steep uphill battle. But it IS very possible.

That being said...it is a conundrum to be certain...

I've put the hours in here searching, finding, timing & camping several IDOCs for both loot and housing and been very successful [for me] in achieving my goals. I've gone up against Vega on several...he is good at what he does, when he's on a site I know my chances of success are lower than normal.

Being a new player to the server working IDOCs, I for one would not want an IDOC I was camping to be posted in the forums.

Sure, it 'possibly' gets the word out to a broader segment of NEW players IF they read the forums. I simply wouldn't want the additional VET competition in any fashion...ultimately, it does the new players competing for unattended IDOCs [yes, they can be found!] a disservice by posting them on the forums, and more to the point simply AIDS the VET IDOCers...and Griefers.

If you are a new player to the server, and want to do IDOCs to get ahead...you do NOT want them posted forums. You do NOT want the additional competition.

Just so it's clear, I could care less one way or the other. I go to the posted ones if I want some fun. The only benefit I get from IDOC postings is that it ties up the playerbase anywhere else other than MY quiet little IDOCs.

Sorry this is so long but ooOOoOooOo!!
oOOoOoo Ooo Oo OOoOoo oOo

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

The oOo wrote:Just so it's clear, I could care less one way or the other. I go to the posted ones if I want some fun. The only benefit I get from IDOC postings is that it ties up the playerbase anywhere else other than MY quiet little IDOCs.
This happened earlier. I was at an L when a brick fell.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Emforcer92

Post by Emforcer92 »

Pirul wrote:Vega, my friend, I fear you're fighting a loosing battle. People don't give a rat's ass about the time you spent building something up, they'll rip it out from under you in a sec if given the chance. Actually, the longer you spent "working" for something, the more enjoyment some people get from taking it away from you. I don't think complainig about posting an IDOC compares to complaining about getting PKed straight up, but it is not very different in the sense that you are complaining about something someone did to aggravate you. Not much different than posting complaining that someone looted your house, or stole your +10 silver viking sword of force at WBB.

Also, I'm surprised Kaivan visited this thread and didn't send it to TT, where it belongs.
That reminds me, not too long ago, everyone laughed at the guy that got his keep looted dry by a newbie.
Or even better, Vega's comment to a newbie that got scammed out of 45K worth of Ingots was : "lmao"

But god forbid someone posts IDOCs, Neon Purple Sandals or Red Orc Helms may be at stake !!! :lol:

Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Budner »

That's a lot of words from a lot of people. My two cents:

1) If I find an IDOC, I damn sure don't tell anyone.
2) I'm very grateful to hear about IDOCs from others. Not that I can ever stay up into the wee hours of the morning when these things tend to fall.

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

Pirul wrote:Vega, my friend, I fear you're fighting a loosing battle. People don't give a rat's ass about the time you spent building something up, they'll rip it out from under you in a sec if given the chance. Actually, the longer you spent "working" for something, the more enjoyment some people get from taking it away from you. I don't think complainig about posting an IDOC compares to complaining about getting PKed straight up, but it is not very different in the sense that you are complaining about something someone did to aggravate you. Not much different than posting complaining that someone looted your house, or stole your +10 silver viking sword of force at WBB.

^ so many tears in this thread should be Trash talk imo
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

Courtney Love
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Courtney Love »

Emforcer92 wrote:

That reminds me, not too long ago, everyone laughed at the guy that got his keep looted dry by a newbie.
Or even better, Vega's comment to a newbie that got scammed out of 45K worth of Ingots was : "lmao"

But god forbid someone posts IDOCs, Neon Purple Sandals or Red Orc Helms may be at stake !!! :lol:
Epic...
"I bought this baby.. Cash!!" - Tron, Richest Man in the World

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Emforcer92 wrote:

He wasn't scammed. That (already warned for language) NOT SO INTELLIGENT INDIVIDUAL WITH A POSSIBLE LEARNING DISABILITY made a stupid move. No one tricked him into doing anything that wasn't common sense. The guy who got his keep looted was from N-S. People from N-S have (watching my language since this is somehow not in trash talk) problems with the people who conceived them showing them favor if ya know what I mean.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

kevin-theidocghost
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by kevin-theidocghost »

Trash talk please ill revisit once its been moved
Timelord wrote:Every single person in the game is out to kill you, loot you and take everything you own at any time.
http://www.twitch.tv/imr4350/

Courtney Love
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Courtney Love »

" -1 by Vega on Mon May 06, 2013 10:59 am

Your word is not gold on this one."

--And for the record I didnt give you my word on anything - I gave my thoughts in a post and you got mad.

lol Vega gave me -1 rep because we dont agree... my first negative rep ever on forums. Thats really professional and well thought out! LOL ! Do you do that to everyone on forums you dont agree with? What a joke!

Pac

Post by Pac »

Vega is the #1 reason why all IDOCs should be publicly announced.

raysmage

Post by raysmage »

good point Courtney!

Courtney Love
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Courtney Love »

raysmage wrote:good point Courtney!
Thank You Sir

Unknown Unknown
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Unknown Unknown »

Pac wrote:Vega is the #1 reason why all IDOCs should be publicly announced.

pretty much...sooo tempted to get back into idocing just to publicize them and plant tons of tinker boxes haha

Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Budner »

You know, this world would be a better place if everyone would just love one another. Bitches.