Dragons & Reds

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Kefka

Re: Dragons & Reds

Post by Kefka »

IIRC the fetch command was in for the majority of T2A, and should be here as well. I'm sure Derrick can make sure it wont be abused for house looting.
I always remember the release functioning working differently. A very common tactic for people back then was to tame a ton of dragons/white wyrms and release them to cause havoc. I don't know exactly if this was ever fixed and if so when it was added.
You are correct. The current release system is NOT accurate. When you release a pet, they should go wild and act like they did before they were tamed, ie attack everyone.

[00:43] <Hemperor> i like turtles

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

Kefka wrote:IIRC the fetch command was in for the majority of T2A, and should be here as well. I'm sure Derrick can make sure it wont be abused for house looting.
I always remember the release functioning working differently. A very common tactic for people back then was to tame a ton of dragons/white wyrms and release them to cause havoc. I don't know exactly if this was ever fixed and if so when it was added.
You are correct. The current release system is NOT accurate. When you release a pet, they should go wild and act like they did before they were tamed, ie attack everyone.

I remember 100 hell hound marches in the Brit graveyard or any popular location really, release them all and watch the havoc begin
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Onslaught

Post by Onslaught »

LightShade wrote:During OSI T2A dragons would kill on sight red players. If a tamer went red he coudlnt even use his dragons.

WW on the other hand did not kill reds on sight.
I started playing this game about a month before Renaissance came out and I did hear about this behavior. I wasn't brave enough to make a red tamer back then, nor did I see any, but I didn't get GM taming and actually start playing the game till about a week before Ren's release so I really don't know the answer to this.

I always thought Renaissance was the era that destroyed the red tamers by the addition of these changes.
A.K.A. All Skill

Great Lakes Veteran.

Currently residing on the Cho'gall World of Warcraft server.

http://www.vqguild.net - World class.

LightShade
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by LightShade »

As former tamer from OSI T2A era I can tell you I am 99.9% certain the drags would attack reds on sight.

I only remember because my friend was a red and whenever he came on screen my drags would dart to him. WW would not and red could control a WW.

http://www.tamingarchive.com/tameables/whitewyrm.php talks about WW being usable by reds, but not drags
Light Shade
PK Napa Valley T2A

LightShade
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by LightShade »

Kefka wrote:
Last modified on January 12, 2001 11:56 am
got anything that's updated more recently than that? Also, how about more details, such as how often do they attack, what the formula is for them to attack etc?

Also, dont encourage PKs to use white wyrms. They have a higher dps rating, and tend to dump more damage into all kills than dragons do.
right, but if they try to use multiple wyrms they can geit their dragons hating each other easily with the WW AE spell. Dragons they can have a boat load without AE worry.
Light Shade
PK Napa Valley T2A

Faust

Post by Faust »

Good point LightShade. White wyrms do end up casting mass curse which can cause problems with the multiple wyrms fighting each other. This was the downside to them. On the other hand the problem with dragons was that they would attack poisonous creatures and they were much slower than the white wyrms.

alatar

Post by alatar »

http://www.tamingarchive.com/tameables/whitewyrm.php

are these stats correct for the wyrms we have on the server..?
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

hai t2a

Post by hai t2a »

alatar wrote:http://www.tamingarchive.com/tameables/whitewyrm.php

Here are the early Ren stats:
http://web.archive.org/web/200107221424 ... =whitewyrm
Also, nice quote from that page:
Also unlike dragons, white wyrms can be safely handled by murderers. They have more dexterity than the average dragon, and can move a bit faster, especially while following targets.
Seems to go well with what everyone here is saying.

Kefka

Post by Kefka »

woot, faster white wyrms :) :) :) :)

hai t2a

Post by hai t2a »

Kefka wrote:woot, faster white wyrms :) :) :) :)
They already seem pretty fast as it is, I was watching you at AW. Nice "all kill" btw, you "non-pker". Anyways, if anything, mares should be slowed down it definitely seems that they run faster than normal and WW should take its speed instead.

I wouldn't expect it to be much faster at all.

Kefka

Post by Kefka »

They already seem pretty fast as it is, I was watching you at AW. Nice "all kill" btw, you "non-pker". Anyways, if anything, mares should be slowed down it definitely seems that they run faster than normal and WW should take its speed instead.

I wouldn't expect it to be much faster at all.
You do realize that the staff here knows you are 510% anti-tamer, and comments/speculation like this is taken with a grain of salt.
They already seem pretty fast as it is
White wyrms are no faster than dragons right now, they need to have their speed increased dramatically, just as faust had stated.

Also, you're basing their speed from watching me at the AW? So, you were able to judge how fast t hey moved vs dragons and mares, all from them walking 3-4 tiles?? BS
Anyways, if anything, mares should be slowed down it definitely seems that they run faster than normal and WW should take its speed instead.
Mares don't move any faster than dragons or white wyrms, they all move at the same speed. Mares are much smaller on the screen, and therefore it's an illusion that they move faster.

White wyrms need to be faster, much faster, period.
Last edited by Kefka on Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hai t2a

Post by hai t2a »

I have not made any anti-tamer comments. As Kaivan stated, your stratics quote should be what is taken with a grain of salt stating "some players can not out run them". As he said, many did not have mounts and many couldn't run half as fast as you could here.

You are the same one that was defending the way "all kill" works just before here.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

alatar wrote:http://www.tamingarchive.com/tameables/whitewyrm.php

Yes.

hai t2a

Post by hai t2a »

One last quote just to fully confirm the OP
No tamed fire breather likes murderers. Though, they will not always attack them on sight, there is always a random chance that they will attack them, even if they are their owner. No one has been able to realy determine if there is a rhyme or reason to when they will attack murderers.
http://web.archive.org/web/200201230256 ... ebreathers

Kefka

Post by Kefka »

Hemp,

both kavian and faust have already aknowledged that wyrms should move quite a bit faster than they currently do.

this really isnt up for debate.