Tank Mage vs dexxer strategy

Topics related to Second Age
okgoace

Re: Tank Mage vs dexxer strategy

Post by okgoace »

Scienter wrote:Hello Everyone,

I will be brief on an explanation then get back to the more important and original topic.

I had an opportunity to play here for a brief time and enjoyed it. I'm starting a new and awesome job here very soon that will require me to work days, nights, and weekends in the best city in the world. With that said, I want to pass down all of the potential pvp related knowledge that I can before my departure.

With that said I have the following videos still left to post:

-Fundamentals such as tabbing/Hally timing/Fast Cast
-Hotkeys/Purple Potions/Razor Tricks and options
-1 v 1 tank mage dueling/strategy
-1 v 1 Tank mage vs Dexxer Strategy....Check this one off, thanks Malaikat!
-Team Fielding/Strategy

The green text requires another individual(s) participation in order to make the video appealing, otherwise I have to use stools and chairs as x's and o's.

With that in mind, is anybody interested in putting their quarralsome's aside and assisting me in making the video guides to the related color'd text videos?

It would require almost immediate participation, I'm departing from the game this Friday evening.

Participation in these videos act as a great contribution to the shard outside of actually donating money, and I encourage people to participate.

Thank you guys in advance!
Im more curious about the 'best city in the world'.. Which european city are you moving to?

Scienter

Post by Scienter »

:)

It's NYC here in the states. I still have very high hopes for America.
Thank you,

-Scienter
"The Great One"
FT$
PM me with reflect bracelets or charged halberds!
New Vent Info:
IP:uosa.puddleboy.com
port:4490
Need a channel? Fill out the information here: http://secondage.puddleboy.com

Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Budner »

Ummm if it's the best city in the world, then it has to be in the U.S.

okgoace

Post by okgoace »

Scienter wrote::)

It's NYC here in the states. I still have very high hopes for America.
Ahh, goodluck there. Hopefully you were smart and found a house to buy outside of the city.

Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Budner »

Or maybe a tower.

Harrison

Post by Harrison »

Great series of videos Scienter and Malaikat. I experimented with RA and mindblast after watching these videos and had a couple points/questions.

Unless Im missing something, changing your own stats and that of your opponent does not impact mindblast damage. I tried this with a gm mage with 100 int vs a dexer with 25 int and it didnt seem to make any difference. The damage was always 10 points (resisted) and 21 points (not resisted).

A point I wanted to add about RA is it now reflects a percentage of all damage from someone standing in melee range regardless of whether the attack is from a melee weapon, bow or spell. This seems like it might be a boon for dexers except in practice damage spells usually get released at a distance, which leads me to my question -are dexers nerfed now? In the first video Scienter shows he can inflict a lot of damage just fighting defensively with RA on WTF?!?! RA just punishes dexers for swinging fast now with a bandages slip each time they connect.

Is the tank mage dominance of UOSA complete?

okgoace

Post by okgoace »

Harrison wrote:Great series of videos Scienter and Malaikat. I experimented with RA and mindblast after watching these videos and had a couple points/questions.

Unless Im missing something, changing your own stats and that of your opponent does not impact mindblast damage. I tried this with a gm mage with 100 int vs a dexer with 25 int and it didnt seem to make any difference. The damage was always 10 points (resisted) and 21 points (not resisted).

A point I wanted to add about RA is it now reflects a percentage of all damage from someone standing in melee range regardless of whether the attack is from a melee weapon, bow or spell. This seems like it might be a boon for dexers except in practice damage spells usually get released at a distance, which leads me to my question -are dexers nerfed now? In the first video Scienter shows he can inflict a lot of damage just fighting defensively with RA on WTF?!?! RA just punishes dexers for swinging fast now with a bandages slip each time they connect.

Is the tank mage dominance of UOSA complete?
Its 'accurate' for this era. Dont think dexxers have no place, they do. Tank mages are just the norm due to dmg bursts.

Scienter

Post by Scienter »

Thank you very much for the additional info on mind blast and reactive armor.
Thank you,

-Scienter
"The Great One"
FT$
PM me with reflect bracelets or charged halberds!
New Vent Info:
IP:uosa.puddleboy.com
port:4490
Need a channel? Fill out the information here: http://secondage.puddleboy.com

Halbu

Post by Halbu »

Its 'accurate' for this era. Dont think dexxers have no place, they do. Tank mages are just the norm due to dmg bursts.
Few know how to even utilize damage bursts very well, they end up being not much more efficient than a dexer.

Francois424
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Francois424 »

okgoace wrote:
liqui wrote:Is this duel on UOSA? I had to add some other questions, what am I supposed to be learning about pvp here? (I am not trying to be sarcastic) To me when I watch I just see explosion potions for the win. I see mind blasts with the thought of the dexxer's low intelligence as a reason for choosing this spell (mind blast really came into its own for doing tremendous damage in UOR because mind blast in T2A did no where near the damage as it did in UOR) and a few harms to interrupt bandaid healing and possibly magical heals by the dexxer.

I am interested in seeing the stats, skill levels (I assume 7x gm), and skill sets of the characters. Also seeing the explosion potion macro set up since this appears to be a major part of your offense against the dexxer. Also some tidbits about weapon choices.

Again not trying to be or seem negative just interested to see what other pvpers are thinking.
He's addicted to making the videos, not explaining them, i asked for this information above. Let me (*try*) to answer for him.

As a dexxer vs a tank mage you will want to carry
1 hand vanq poisoned weapon (set up a macro to equip/de-equip)
2 hand vanq/power poisoned weapon (set up a macro to equip/de-equip)
bandages (set up a macro to bandage self)
trapped pouches (5-10) (set up a use once macro)
potions
greater heal (set up a macro to drink/can drink with 1 handed weapon without disarming)
greater cure (set up a macro to drink/can drink with 1 handed weapon without disarming)
total refresh (set up a macro to drink/can drink with 1 handed weapon without disarming)
greater agility (set up a macro to drink/can drink with 1 handed weapon without disarming)
greater strength (set up a macro to drink/can drink with 1 handed weapon without disarming)
Explosion pots (set up a macro throw, or make a complex macro to throw after certain pause)
20-40 each reg
Reflection charged item (set up a macro to equip/de-equip)

I use macing on my dexxer so i typically will go qstaff for my 2h and a mace for my 1h, without the stamina drain, i prefer this class solo.
You may try any of them, i dont recommend archery.
Attacking guide is fairly simple, chug agility, strength before you engage. Attack with 1h weapon to gauge his abilities, this should hack him down, if you need to chug cures/heals/refresh when time and remember to bandage (set up a timer in razor for your titlebar).USE YOUR EXPLOSION POTIONS. If below 40% it may be wise to de-arm and cast gheal, if interrupted, mini heal two times and chug a heal potion and you'll be good.

As a tank mage vs a dexxer you will want to carry
2 hand vanq/power poisoned weapon (set up a macro to equip/de-equip)
trapped pouches (5-10) (set up a use once macro)
potions
greater heal (set up a macro to drink)
greater cure (set up a macro to drink)
total refresh (set up a macro to drink)
greater agility (set up a macro to drink)
greater strength (set up a macro to drink)
Explosion pots (set up a macro throw, or make a complex macro to throw after certain pause)
60-80 each reg
Reflection charged item (set up a macro to equip/de-equip)
GHeal wand

Attacking guide is a little more complex, chug agility, strength before you engage. Start with weaken/clumsy, if you believe your opponent is using GA,GS potions, double weaken, clumsy. You can hally cycle during this phase
weaken clumsy equip hally(hit) de-equip
weaken clumsy equip hally(hit) de-equip
You then have two options, to play defensive or aggressive
Defensive, should be self-explanitory.
If you drop below 50%, de-equip cast gheal on self, if interrupted cast mini heal, equip wand target self.
Aggressive options
Spell/Hally - small spells (harm, fireball) or bigger spells (explo,ebolt,'mindblast') cast, equip hally, dequip, target spell
Explo/Hally - cast Explosion, target, equip hally (havnt tested it here, so dont know if you can throw xp pots while armed)

Typical Dexxer
100 str/ 25-35 int/ 90-100 dex
Weapon skill
Tactics
Anatomy
Healing
Magery
Resist
Hiding/Tracking/Really anything.

You PVPers are as hardcore as it gets... I'm impressed and disgusted at the same time.
No wonder I never can win a fight one-on-one with any of these guys. :shock: