Thank You, the Murderer Jimi Hendrix

Topics related to Second Age
faber

Re: Thank You, the Murderer Jimi Hendrix

Post by faber »

[Uhh] Eo wrote:I feel sorry for any human being that is entertained by the artificial intelligence of T2A monsters. PK's are essential for everybody's enjoyment of the shard.
+1

Buddha

Post by Buddha »

It certainly is an interesting duality.

But there is good and bad in everything. Good and evil coexist as they are interdependent.

The analogy about spousal abuse and then going out to dinner afterwards is interesting. Relying upon the actor to ease your suffering about the act itself is asinine.

But as the OP has expressed, the other way to look at this situation is to simply appreciate it when it happens, especially if the only other option is to run back.
A flower for you, a Buddha to be.

okgoace

Post by okgoace »

Buddha wrote:It certainly is an interesting duality.

But there is good and bad in everything. Good and evil coexist as they are interdependent.

The analogy about spousal abuse and then going out to dinner afterwards is interesting. Relying upon the actor to ease your suffering about the act itself is asinine.

But as the OP has expressed, the other way to look at this situation is to simply appreciate it when it happens, especially if the only other option is to run back.
I know, from recently starting and having a relative and his friends playing here as well (all starting out). Pk's are like a bag of sour patch kids. While you want to farm without interruption so you can stack your gold and finds in your bank securely, you also come back to this game because of the fact that, IF a pk does show up and DOES kill you, everything you have on you, perhaps loot from the last 15-30minutes is now gone. The sweetness of farming without interruption spoiled by the sour death and loss of all your prior engagements. If a pk offers a gate to town after dying, i would take it. Ultimately, you still need/want to farm and he is offering you a chance to start again, where he will return and the heart-pumping; pit sweating intense run to recall begins again!

Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Budner »

Kye Smogg wrote:Offering Res/Gate after PK is like a guy who beats his wife and then takes her out to dinner. I'd rather walk 15 minutes than take anything from a cowardly PK who gets off on killing unsuspecting players.
I don't think it's analogous.

I don't view being PK'd as being abused. To me it's just part of the game experience. A rez and a gate lets me get back to the game.

The clear implication of your analogy is that you feel abused when someone kills you in-game. When I first started playing, I'll admit that being killed angered me. Now I shrug and move on.

Would you really rather stumble up 4 levels of Deceit into the townless frozen tundra and hope that you can find a wandering healer, maybe walking that island for 10-20 minutes before you finally find a way off? I wouldn't. I'll take some love from a PK every time.

Andersonius

Post by Andersonius »

Kye Smogg wrote:Guys like this are a cancer to the server. Frequenting hunting areas that newer players might be found just to PK only drives them off the server. The counter-argument from the way-too-call-pro-PVPers is "put your big boy pants on" or the "perhaps play a different game if getting PK'ed is that big of a deal".

But the problem is a large majority of the murderer player base are simply complete nitwits and have no clue of the server implications of their actions.

Offering Res/Gate after PK is like a guy who beats his wife and then takes her out to dinner. I'd rather walk 15 minutes than take anything from a cowardly PK who gets off on killing unsuspecting players.
Well....maybe UOSA should make a mirror world to this world where you can't be killed by other players....and how about people can't loot your kills!!!

oh wait......

Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Budner »

Death to Trammel.

Mykos

Post by Mykos »

Budner wrote:I don't view being PK'd as being abused. To me it's just part of the game experience. A rez and a gate lets me get back to the game.

The clear implication of your analogy is that you feel abused when someone kills you in-game. When I first started playing, I'll admit that being killed angered me. Now I shrug and move on.

Would you really rather stumble up 4 levels of Deceit into the townless frozen tundra and hope that you can find a wandering healer, maybe walking that island for 10-20 minutes before you finally find a way off? I wouldn't. I'll take some love from a PK every time.
At first, it made me mad that I was killed. However, like Budner said, I take it in stride. I fully expect a red devil to appear in my hunts now and try to be prepared for it. I try to have an alt with gate to get me out of different harder locations to walk from, otherwise its a run and restock to the nearest city.

I will gladly accept a rez and gate, if offered now. I am back hunting sooner.

On a side note, I think I will stop giving murder counts. Maybe that will make me less desirable to some reds if they know they won't climb the murder boards.
Mykos
House Master
House of Oor'Tael

Arsen
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Arsen »

jimi is the man
[22:00:50] <@Dupre> arsen isnt raging, hes jsut german, it just sounds taht way
[22:00:58] <@Dupre> hes actually very calm and gentle
[22:03:54] <@Dupre> arsen is also the best player here

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Yeah Deceit and Hythloth is no fun to die in if you don't have a gater :lol:
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.