Yes
60%
No
40%

Total votes: 96

Jason-

Re: Do you enjoy the PVP mechanics of UOSA

Post by Jason- »

illmatic wrote:The people bored with pvp here seem so have been playin uo non stop since the 90s. I would be bored too.
Lol.
Halbu wrote:I don't feel it's overpowered at all and it even feels accurate to me. Spells are very good at nullifying mini heal spam but no one knows how to utilize them properly. Mini heal is mainly for countering one hander warriors and mages with 35+ dex that try to harm+hally+harm+hally their opponent to death.
You have it backwards.
Bee wrote:Do I like everything about the pvp style? No I hate the fact mini heal is so over powered. But over all I like it. That's why I play here.
Run and charge in addition mini healing makes fights last too long.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

I don't think that currently there are better PvP mechanics out there.

Then again, I don't only PvP, and all the other mechanics are also top notch!
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

Archery is quite a stretch from 'top notch'. Have you used it lately?

Variety is effectively nil. Armorless mages running around weilding the heaviest and most powerful weapons in the game is quite possibly one of the silliest notions in any 'RPG' I've ever played. Whether it was, or was not, in era, has 0 weight in my opinion. It is simply ridiculous to me, along with people outrunning my arrows, bandage timers on a 15/18s heal/cure cycle and high mana players 'mini-heal walking' away from practically any attack.
Est Sularus oth Mithas

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Blaise wrote:Whether it was, or was not, in era, has 0 weight in my opinion. It is simply ridiculous to me...
This is not the free shard for you then. Enjoy Telamon's custom shard.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

Pirul wrote:
Blaise wrote:Whether it was, or was not, in era, has 0 weight in my opinion. It is simply ridiculous to me...
This is not the free shard for you then. Enjoy Telamon's custom shard.
Sure it is, as there is no prerequisite that I be completely satisfied with everything on the shard to play here. Nor does that, or my amount of play time, invalidate my opinion on the subject matter. Enjoy turning a blind eye to the bad for whatever reason suits you best. I was just sharing my opinion, which happens to be in slight contrast to your own. Hence the quote.

I do, very much, enjoy 'Telamon's custom shard', as it were. Much as I do and have enjoyed this shard, as I did OSI, etc, etc, etc.
As long as the 'custom' remains in pursuit of perfection, I will continue to as much as I continue to support the efforts of UOSA to achieve ultimately, perfect mechanical accuracy.
If you'd care to trash talk, please do so in the appropriate channels, good sir knight.
Est Sularus oth Mithas

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

Not to be a technical twatwaffle but I do believe that Lord is a higher rank/ title than knight. DEAR SIR

Also, this
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

You see right through my mild jape!
Est Sularus oth Mithas

jimi.hendrix
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by jimi.hendrix »

very good work of the team on the pvp patches, im enjoying pvp 2x as much as 2 years ago.... with the tab shit attack last etc.. and you had to stand still for hally refresh.

Im enjoying pvp here.
<SPANKY> I wanted a damn xplo pot to hit a blue
<SPANKY> so fricken bad.
<SPANKY> i wouldve rofl coptered to trammel.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

era accuracy aside, uosa has the most luck based pvp out of any shard i've ever played. gm hallys that hit as hard as 50 without anat, ebolts that do between like 4 and 40 damage. chance based interrupts - something no other shard has - are just another thing to throw on the pile of RNG.

one thing i really enjoyed about pvping on osi was that it constantly changed so you were always adapting to new mechanics and playstyles. because of the nature of era accuracy, uosa can have no such thing.

that said, i don't find the pvp to be that bad, it can definitely be fun. i'm in the fence.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Halbu

Post by Halbu »

era accuracy aside, uosa has the most luck based pvp out of any shard i've ever played. gm hallys that hit as hard as 50 without anat, ebolts that do between like 4 and 40 damage. chance based interrupts - something no other shard has - are just another thing to throw on the pile of RNG.
UOSA's pvp is fine, it's only luck-based for people who purposely play in a lucky manner. This includes dexers and also mages who imitate dexers by getting higher dex and spaming harm the whole fight. Their downfall is their own pvp style and/or template, not the mechanics of UOSA.

Chance based disrupts are not that bad, the problem is everyone's choice of disrupt aka harm. Harm should not be relied on as much as I'm seeing. Mages should be making better use of explosion, e bolt, lightning and fireball. Harm does less damage than all those spells as well as having a less chance of disrupt spells. The reason is in the mechanics, the higher the damage the better the chance of disruption.

Being able to insta-gib someone with explosion+e bolt+GM hally is era accurate as we all know, without a decent hally hit it's more difficult. That would suck if GM weapons did less than they did now, feels perfect to me.

Pros of 100int t2a-style mage tactics:
1. Magic does massive damage fast, and if used nicely then a fight can be over fast.
2. Magic is RANGED, this is huge.
3. Magic can be timed and also have "delays" that can be used to advantage.
4. Magic resistance isn't as good as wrestling. This is great for mages obviously.
5. Doesn't require magic weapons to be effective.
6. Possible to kill opponents with the odds against you(1v2 and 1v3 especially)

Cons of 100int t2a-style mage tactics:
1. Costs mana(which means dexers and 35dex hally-spam mages can be a nightmare for your mana pool if you don't juke and/or defeat them quickly enough)
2. Takes longer to learn to use effectively than templates that rely on weapon damage since it requires mana, spell choice, timing and patience.
3. Can be disrupted easily by one hander dexers and to a lesser degree 35dex hallyspam mages.
4. Once out of mana(spell resisted, or got desynced ect.), you're forced to juke/meditate and this usually pisses off hallyspammers in the same way it pisses off dexers. But it's silly to blame anyone for juking if they're a mage, mages aren't meant to stand still and take constant damage they need to worry about casting spells and having mana.

Many things that are good about dexers are also good about 35dex hally spam mages, but along with that comes the cons of playing a dexer.

Pros of 35dex hallyspam mage tactics:
1. Requires less mana and can still be effective to some degree similar to an 'eval dexer'.
2. Easier to master cycling over spell choice, mana management and timing.
3. Effective at killing people who suck at cycling but try it anyway.
4. More effective in town where spells do 1 damage.

Cons of 35dex hallyspam mage tactics:
1. Luck-based because it resembles a dexer fighting style, the more you swing your hally the more you risk being hit in return(mage vs mage). Thus, one person has less mana cause the other hit more often due to getting lucky.
2. Non-ranged, this is one of the reasons dexers are easily juked and weren't as popular as mages in t2a. Same thing with hally spammers, easily juked and mini healed.
3. Requires items to be more effective, such as purple pots and high-end magic hallies. This is the same reason dexers need these items to be be more effective or ensure a kill.
4. Takes much longer to actually defeat an opponent of equal or even less skill
5. Less mana pool because of 35 dex, this also means slower regen rate.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

i love how all your cons of 25 dex mages are "they take so much skill to play" and all your pros of 35 dex are "take no skill to play"

get over yourself, halbu. this is a poll of personal enjoyment, not a debate about 25 vs 35 dex that you turn every thread into
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Guerrilla

Post by Guerrilla »

Hey nightshark, get off the gas bro, let's cut the personal attacks, this isn't the thread nor the topic for that, thanks.
Halleluyah
<DemonArkanis> hopefully ill go to hell and not have to listen to your bullshit

Halbu

Post by Halbu »

All I'm saying is UOSA roxx0rs and the other shards suxx0rs.

Faust

Post by Faust »

Chance based interrupts is and how OSI/EA UO pvp has always been mechanically.

Why do you think this is the only T2A shard where you don't see the infamous debuff spam hally come up 24/7?

That is solely based on the fact that lower circle spells are usually reliable for spell interruptions until the point of spamming it. No other shard has ever got this must have feature right.

The mechanic has existed on OSI/EA shards since its conception in early/mid '98 til this very day.

Btw, the combat timer is still NEA. Figured this crucial aspect should be pointed out.

Guerrilla

Post by Guerrilla »

Faust wrote: Btw, the combat timer is still NEA. Figured this crucial aspect should be pointed out.
Can i get an official confirmation from staff on this please?
Halleluyah
<DemonArkanis> hopefully ill go to hell and not have to listen to your bullshit