I'm Done

Topics related to Second Age
Dex.

Re: I'm Done

Post by Dex. »

Join the club, I too was looted last week (exactly 60 days in to my time here) which resulted in my very own feature in ToA: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=45557

Like you, I too was planning to open a vendor house, and my losses could probably be totaled at a couple mil if every one of those magic items sold and the several thousand scrolls/regs were put to use. But, as Pirul already said, they're pixels so who gives a damn? It's part of the game, and it's useful to learn from provided you improve upon it going forward. (Experience = Errors + Corrections)
I laughed it off and was able to bounce back in an afternoon -- don't get pissed and rage quit, that only serves to bolster the sociopathic tendencies that some of the people here thrive on. Shrug it off and keep on truckin', 'lest I digress too much, my point of caution:

When you hang the key outside, other people will stand underneath it to get a good look inside. Populus did this to me and saw that I was missing a corner box on my barrier (the barrier effectively stopped people from coming and going but...) Long story short, he 'befriended' me for a few hours of friendly banter and IDOC fun long enough to slip a ghost in and then rez it when the opportunity presented itself. He used me like a Russian college student, but I learned from it. Just make sure you review your home security and you'll be alright.

Dex

Soulbreak

Post by Soulbreak »

How do they res a ghost past a locked door?
DRUSK42 wrote:
Downs wrote:So, who got the goods? All we walked away with was land.
Take a wild guess.
Millerisfuntoplay wrote: Don't worry I will bank everything instead and give house to Ian.

Vega/Delo

Post by Vega/Delo »

Just checking, but someone had mentioned now with this LOS shit, one can make a "stairway" (clothes and shit) climb it, log out, sell the house and then log in and drop in. From what i remember is all non friends will be removed under the sign upon log in, does this bypass that?

Dex.

Post by Dex. »

Soulbreak wrote:How do they res a ghost past a locked door?
they don't. out of respect for the ruse used against me (since house looting is a part of the game) I won't give up the details but suffice it to say that after several hours of pretending to be friendly people will lower their guard (open a door) if for just a second

nubnub
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by nubnub »

Dex. wrote:
Soulbreak wrote:How do they res a ghost past a locked door?
they don't. out of respect for the ruse used against me (since house looting is a part of the game) I won't give up the details but suffice it to say that after several hours of pretending to be friendly people will lower their guard (open a door) if for just a second
Respect for the ruse? The actor(s) involved typically don't respect their victims when they post up 'security notice' threads and gloat their take so why would a victim hold the means used against him/her sacred? Is it as simple as being socially engineered to open a door/secured item and the actor(s) stealthing alternative characters in or are there more complex mechanics at play (I assume the latter)? I am curious since I'm new and having a home close to town would be beneficial but there are so many unknowns regarding home security that I have not taken the plunge yet (even after reading numerous 'security violation' threads and complaints by victims - most of which lack specifics regarding the breach point).

Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Budner »

To me, home security is easy. Just don't keep what you can't secure or lock down. If you're not a hoarder there's nothing to steal.

nukethem

Post by nukethem »

I know how ya feel!! It's happend to me also.. just keep on keeping on. an learn from this.. Always reveal...

Lambo
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Lambo »

Greif is part of the game , ganking is part of the game, house looting is part of the game, trash talk is def part of the game.

The amount of racial and slanderous remarks constantly made by N-S however I feel is unacceptable.
Buying Charged Hallys/Bards
Buying +20 Power and above Hallys
Buying Reflect Items 30 Charges and above

sircharlestha3rd

Post by sircharlestha3rd »

You know you love us Lambo.......... Sorry to here your quitting buddy but we gotta make a living somehow. My L was just looted by populus and i aint crying. Just a part of the game weve already looted 3 houses in the past 2 days you noobs need to keep you doors locked. Take er easy

sincerely: SirCharlesthe3rd (N-S)

sircharlestha3rd

Post by sircharlestha3rd »

oh and for the record, yip man or technine or whatever seems to think n-s looted es house, well as much as wed love to take credit for it we didnt. Think twice before entering your home N-S is watching and sees all. And everyone talks smack its a part of the game.

Rick James

Post by Rick James »

Ah the memories.
Attachments
Beval_1-6_16.42.jpg

inego
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inego »

Sorry to hear this, don't let it get to ya. If anything maybe it will make you want to get even? Like everyone said use of a table barrier and a 2nd doorman account are keys to good house security, especially in small houses. Always double check your detect hidden worked.

PRO TIP: Place a small forge under your keys to keep prying eyes from looking inside! Use a razor macro to unlock the door, then use the door with the click on one button. Then use a 2nd macro for easy break of your trash barrel and to replace it.
Great Lakes 1998-2001

Swill Bag

Post by Swill Bag »

haha these noobs selling trophies is the best thing that coulda happened
we only got you for maybe 1/3 a mil stop crying

Alanzo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Alanzo »

Lambo wrote:Greif is part of the game , ganking is part of the game, house looting is part of the game, trash talk is def part of the game.

The amount of racial and slanderous remarks constantly made by N-S however I feel is unacceptable.
They left a book on my steps loaded with some pretty racially insensitive slurs. Whatever, first amendment and all. Makes you wonder what kind of person these people are though. Nobody I'd want to associate in real life for sure.

Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Budner »

Yeah, die racist pigs! Wait, is that a hate crime against racists?