TRADE SCAMMER - IRC NAME "digitaldemon"

Topics related to Second Age
FishinPro

Re: TRADE SCAMMER - IRC NAME "digitaldemon"

Post by FishinPro »

Rammar wrote:A few ways this scam could have happened easily enough.

My question is why he got a "that is not accessible" message at all. Seems a bit misplaced for a normal trade-fail or theft assuming it happened immediately after the accept as stated.

This was my question...
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=55362
^ What??? Another person got "treasureman'd" by cavewight?
Grats Cave on scamming another friend just for some petty wealth and getting away with it.

Come JOIN the -1 CLUB!

Join the KILL CAVE event!!

orevamp

Post by orevamp »

I would assume when the bag was in the window he attempted to open and recieved that message

Millerisfuntoplay

Post by Millerisfuntoplay »

orevamp wrote:Yea that sucks man, but i cant help looking at your journal picture sitting on 700k worth of regs running your mouth about a patch that clearly hasnt affected you at all. And further more im sick of newbs acting like they are so important to the shard that they threaten to leave if shard daddy doesnt give them money or restitution. Take your butt back to trammel if you cant handle the era. WE have all lost tons of money whether fault of our own or by the hands of another suck it up care bear. (I apologize if I have offended with my thoughts)
+1

digitaldemon
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by digitaldemon »

Wow is all I have to say ! I find this guy someone to buy his trophies as he advertised in irc and what happens ? He comes after me for being scammed. I wont be responsible for some dumb move made by a rookie . Sorry partner , but no sympathy from the DEMON . Go cry me a river
<abbub> digi my fav vendor on the whole damn server

Millerisfuntoplay

digitaldemon wrote:Wow is all I have to say ! I find this guy someone to buy his trophies as he advertised in irc and what happens ? He comes after me for being scammed. I wont be responsible for some dumb move made by a rookie . Sorry partner , but no sympathy from the DEMON . Go cry me a river
I can verify this as true digitaldemon irced me aswell seeing if I was intrested in helping some new guy by buyying his silver. All he was, was a middle man trying to help a new guy out. Lesson learned and dont shoot the messenger (scum bag).

Arsen
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Arsen »

hahaha

[22:00:50] <@Dupre> arsen isnt raging, hes jsut german, it just sounds taht way
[22:00:58] <@Dupre> hes actually very calm and gentle
[22:03:54] <@Dupre> arsen is also the best player here

Downs

Post by Downs »

silly arsen, we dont read german!
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

songbird

Post by songbird »

orevamp wrote:Yea that sucks man, but i cant help looking at your journal picture sitting on 700k worth of regs running your mouth about a patch that clearly hasnt affected you at all. And further more im sick of newbs acting like they are so important to the shard that they threaten to leave if shard daddy doesnt give them money or restitution. Take your butt back to trammel if you cant handle the era. WE have all lost tons of money whether fault of our own or by the hands of another suck it up care bear. (I apologize if I have offended with my thoughts)
The patch did effect me, because all of those reagents I was able to acquire pre-patch with money that I accumulated on my bard over the course of a few months. Since the patch, I have gotten maybe 1k of each reagent and most of that is from lockpicking (which is all I did after I had enough money to GM magery on a second character). This has nothing to do with "sitting in trammel lulzzz nub1"
orevamp wrote:I would assume when the bag was in the window he attempted to open and recieved that message
You can see in the pictures I posted that I clearly had already opened the bag in order to be able to click the deeds. The message that it wasn't accessible was shown immediately upon confirming the trade. I never received the bag, it didn't fall on the ground, and there wasn't even a sound effect of receiving an item (yes, I play with sound on)

Digitaldemon, don't act like you didn't do this. You were shady from the second you messaged me in IRC saying that christmas trophies are only worth 100k and that you weren't interested. Messaging me repeatedly over the course of an hour or so, while trying to convince me that you "knew someone that wanted to buy them" - even though you never had them message me when I requested you to do so. In hindsight, I got outsmarted by a degenerate teenager. Getting shafted by someone because of my belief that the official IRC was a safe place to conduct trades is my own fault. I'll learn from it, namely not to play here because there are people like you running rampant.
Last edited by Kaivan on Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Language. Read the forum rules.

Downs

Post by Downs »

dude, you lost 3 FREE trophies that you only had to log in to get. and you could have 100% prevented this from happening to you by using one of like 10 different things. And if a deal in IRC sounds shady, don't do it...

You'd get more sympathy if you didn't insult the entire player base. Deal with it, move on; or trammel up and quit. I can has your stuff?
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

songbird

Post by songbird »

Downs wrote:dude, you lost 3 FREE trophies that you only had to log in to get. and you could have 100% prevented this from happening to you by using one of like 10 different things. And if a deal in IRC sounds shady, don't do it...

You'd get more sympathy if you didn't insult the entire player base. Deal with it, move on; or trammel up and quit. I can has your stuff?
Didn't insult the entire player base. This isn't really a thread for trolling, but go ahead. I already deeded my house and dropped the rune at brit bank last night.

Also, I've attached more proof that it was digitaldemon, because he tries to overcompensate by sending me this message - even though he was completely silent on IRC for hours after the scam took place. Yeah, you're a nice guy digimon, except for the fact that you're not. If you were going to compensate me for facilitating such a shitfest, then why didn't you immediately offer to do it in the first place? Why didn't you broker the trade to make sure that someone didn't get ripped off?
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Last edited by Kaivan on Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Language, again.

digitaldemon
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by digitaldemon »

First off , I never messaged you ! You messaged me after i posted in main that i was "buying silver , potted trees and plants, bear ug." You then made another Newb statement and told me that the trophies were worth 15 silver and I quickly corrected you telling you they were worth 10. I also told you i wasnt interested in purchasing them but i would help you find someone. This all coming back to you now ? Dont hate on me when your the lame NEWB a## who didnt make a safe transaction ! Accuse me all you want , but no where does it say my name in that Journal. I have played on this shard since late 2009 and I have never been accused of scamming or griefing anyone. Suck it up and learn your lesson Boy , for you still have much to learn grasshopper.
<abbub> digi my fav vendor on the whole damn server

Sin Cloud

Post by Sin Cloud »

Vouching for digitaldemon, i've done countless trades with him. All clean, smooth trades.

Your mistake song is that you continued on with a deal after seeing the deeds in a bag. That should be the sign right there to back out. This is not a new 'trick' but very old.. in fact since osi days this has been going on.

Do your research bud..

House deeds in a bag is obviously a scam.

All digital did was FIND you someone. You didn't take precautions as you should have done.

Lesson learned? Enough said.

PS - This is likely to happen on other servers too buddy.. this is UO
Welcome back!

Millerisfuntoplay

Even if he did scam you its not that huge of a deal. Your making yourself look like the guy who rage quits everything. Do you turn off your xbox when you are losing at call of duty? I bet your record says your like 7689-0. Its called theres no crying in UO Pauly!

Arsen
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Arsen »

[22:00:50] <@Dupre> arsen isnt raging, hes jsut german, it just sounds taht way
[22:00:58] <@Dupre> hes actually very calm and gentle
[22:03:54] <@Dupre> arsen is also the best player here

Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Budner »

I feel even dumber - I never even got a xmas trophy. You get one just by logging in? I log in every day - I didn't get one, not to mention THREE. What did I miss?