Re: IRC scamming?

Post by McSchnurke »

I heard he really got banned for calling Braden "son."

jekkis
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by jekkis »

If we only look at the text in IRC, it seems like there was no grounds to ban him, which is what I brought up and so did nightshark right after the incident.

However, it is possible that Braden combined what the person said in IRC and what he said/did in-game, resulting in the fact that the scam attempt (in-game) was facilitated in IRC, which in turn resulted in the banning. This of course remains a mystery to us who didn't see how he behaved in-game.

I have a hard time believing we would have a GM here who would just jump in the middle of a conversation and ban someone without any solid basis. Analyzing what Braden said, the issue becomes more complex though, as he says that telling people to bring a small deed can only be for one reason...which isn't entirely true.

smokybarnable

Post by smokybarnable »

jekkis wrote:If we only look at the text in IRC, it seems like there was no grounds to ban him, which is what I brought up and so did nightshark right after the incident.

However, it is possible that Braden combined what the person said in IRC and what he said/did in-game, resulting in the fact that the scam attempt (in-game) was facilitated in IRC, which in turn resulted in the banning. This of course remains a mystery to us who didn't see how he behaved in-game.

I have a hard time believing we would have a GM here who would just jump in the middle of a conversation and ban someone without any solid basis.
hehe, it's a mystery to me too. The ironic part was I really wanted to help that person get a tower spot. That's how I got my first tower by placing a few smalls first. Regardless, I rarely use chat so its of no consequence. I wouldn't want anyone else to be banned like this though.

Soma
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Soma »

Casey wrote:FREE FLIPPER!

Code: Select all

[18:19:39] <@Braden> !addlamer flipper Perm:  IRC Scamming
[18:19:40] * W sets mode: +b *!*@206.128.66.155
[18:33:39] <@Braden> !dellamer *!*@206.128.66.155
[18:33:40] * W sets mode: -b *!*@206.128.66.155
Braden unbanned him 14 minutes later, I honestly don't think this thread is necessary.
Last edited by Soma on Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Please choose a more appropriate signature.

Arsen
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Arsen »

i am sure braden had a bad day and is to paranoide because of evil persons like me.
well see what happen, iam sure ull get unbanned soon.
[22:00:50] <@Dupre> arsen isnt raging, hes jsut german, it just sounds taht way
[22:00:58] <@Dupre> hes actually very calm and gentle
[22:03:54] <@Dupre> arsen is also the best player here

Arsen
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Arsen »

Soma wrote:
[18:19:39] <@Braden> !addlamer flipper Perm: IRC Scamming

Braden unbanned him 14 minutes later, I honestly don't think this thread is necessary.

oh rofl gj
[22:00:50] <@Dupre> arsen isnt raging, hes jsut german, it just sounds taht way
[22:00:58] <@Dupre> hes actually very calm and gentle
[22:03:54] <@Dupre> arsen is also the best player here

smokybarnable

Post by smokybarnable »

Soma wrote:

[18:19:39] <@Braden> !addlamer flipper Perm:  IRC Scamming
It's necessary because I'm confused about what I did wrong....and I like talking to you guys.

McSchnurke

Post by McSchnurke »

Man, this thread had promise! Re-ban him for not scamming hard enough.

smokybarnable

Post by smokybarnable »

McSchnurke wrote:Man, this thread had promise! Re-ban him for not scamming hard enough.
yeah...I want my ban back!

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

Spoke to Braden in game today he seems polite and reasonable, maybe it was an accident or maybe he had one of those moments and later realized he made a mistake so he corrected it. If it was a mistake he should probably make that clear so others don't fear a similar ban and if it wasn't he should explicate what was done to merit it.
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

McSchnurke

Post by McSchnurke »

WiseOne wrote:Spoke to Braden in game today he seems polite and reasonable, maybe it was an accident or maybe he had one of those moments and later realized he made a mistake so he corrected it. If it was a mistake he should probably make that clear so others don't fear a similar ban and if it wasn't he should explicate what was done to merit it.
Or something went missing from Braden's house deed pouch while he was investigating flipper.

Soma
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Soma »

Can't really blame Braden for being mistrusting, Flipper was telling some tall tales earlier in IRC.

[17:17:15] <flipper> idoc 138 57 S 32 20 E East of Hart lake south of Trinsic...falling soon
[17:18:00] <Puj> What is soon?
[17:18:17] <flipper> twenty minutes
If you're gonna lie in IRC, don't expect people to treat you honestly.

smokybarnable

Post by smokybarnable »

McSchnurke wrote:
WiseOne wrote:Spoke to Braden in game today he seems polite and reasonable, maybe it was an accident or maybe he had one of those moments and later realized he made a mistake so he corrected it. If it was a mistake he should probably make that clear so others don't fear a similar ban and if it wasn't he should explicate what was done to merit it.
Or something went missing from Braden's house deed pouch while he was investigating flipper.
hehe....who knew house deed pouches were so prevalent.

And actually 20 minutes was my best guess at that time. I know it changed from greatly worn not long after server up. I still need more experience in figuring out the times. I honestly don't care why I got banned, I 'm sure I was annoying Braden for some reason.

Aritmetica

Post by Aritmetica »

I concurr, re ban him for not scamming hard enough.

On your way, ban everyone and everything from Second Age's IRC, ban irc itself and anyone using it outside of the system. The forum is enough and causes less problems.

Soma
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Soma »

smokybarnable wrote:
McSchnurke wrote:
hehe....who knew house deed pouches were so prevalent.

And actually 20 minutes was my best guess at that time. I know it changed from greatly worn not long after server up. I still need more experience in figuring out the times. I honestly don't care why I got banned, I 'm sure I was annoying Braden for some reason.
IDOC Falling soon...[+]
Probably would have been easier to pick a random hour.

EDIT: It dropped sometime after 8PM relative to those chat logs