newbie dungeon

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: newbie dungeon

Post by chumbucket »

Let me just say BOO TO THE YOUNG SYSTEM. Someone start a proper newbie guild, help newbies work together and tell them to avoid places PKs show up.

Back in my day, we had to run everywhere we went because we were too dumb to understand recall, and there weren't no stat loss so PKs were EVERYWHERE, and went walked to Covetous up hill both ways, usually as a ghost on the way back, and we would put on onion on our belt, which was the style at the time and PKs mostly used the fireball spell and wore full plate, we mostly used yellow onions, since the whites ones were all gone because of the war.

Where was I? Oh yeah. Fewer solution on the Developer side, more solutions on the player side. That is my (other) motto.

Thesbus

Post by Thesbus »

The newbie system was 40 hour played time or 700 skill points gained.

You couldn't attack, or be attacked by players. Also you wouldn't be attacked by regularly aggressive monsters unless you attacked first.

I am pretty sure Demise uses this same system.

Divvet

Post by Divvet »

i dont see what the big problem is with the young player system. its not like you can accomplish that much during 40 hours. + its per account not just the character. so whats the big deal? it encourages new players to explore without having to worry about the scum who harrass them.
you say just start a guild, but unless you have got members waiting at all starting spots 24/7 inviting new players to join, your still going to get alot of people being harrassed and quiting.
just my 2 cents as the americans say, i just dont see the big problem.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

i just see some experienced greifers finding a way to exploit this to harrass people liek they always do, the thought of an untouchable char is terrifying
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Divvet

Post by Divvet »

BlackFoot wrote:i just see some experienced greifers finding a way to exploit this to harrass people liek they always do, the thought of an untouchable char is terrifying
yes an untouchable char, that cant do anything to anyone else until they become touchable... i dont see a way to exploit that, because even though they are classed as young, they get restricted to alot of things.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

so long as they cant interact with items or objects in game im ok with this

Flash Hardstar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Flash Hardstar »

As much As I can't stand pk's on noobs, NO TO YOUNG SYSTEM!

This system will get abused by experienced players left and right. It wasn't such an issue when you had to pay for a new account to get the status, but this is a free shard where you can just hop on a new IP or drive down the road on your laptop creatingnew accounts.

If I remember right, Youngs couldnt be pk'ed, loose items when dead, etc. in about 2-3 days you can gm a char enough to pvp very well and still have young status... I just see abuse of it.

There are also other graveyards pk's dont frequent much... not only brittians lol
Red wrote:Kill Flash, and I'm going to bet that his loot is worth more than 2k.

Faust

Post by Faust »

Flash Hardstar wrote: If I remember right, Youngs couldnt be pk'ed, loose items when dead, etc. in about 2-3 days you can gm a char enough to pvp very well and still have young status... I just see abuse of it.
Players having young status cannot attack other players. The first time young status is removed the entire account loses this status. Having your skill cap and playing 40 hours removes the status. I don't see this being abused in the way you're thinking it may.

Divvet

Post by Divvet »

Faust wrote:
Flash Hardstar wrote: If I remember right, Youngs couldnt be pk'ed, loose items when dead, etc. in about 2-3 days you can gm a char enough to pvp very well and still have young status... I just see abuse of it.
Players having young status cannot attack other players. The first time young status is removed the entire account loses this status. Having your skill cap and playing 40 hours removes the status. I don't see this being abused in the way you're thinking it may.
i dont see how this could be abused in any sort of form.
Flash Hardstar wrote: There are also other graveyards pk's dont frequent much... not only brittians lol
i think the point is, new players dont know this... and they cant explore, because they get pked...

bluntman

Post by bluntman »

any pk who would abuse that is just gay irl. its stupid and pointless abusing a system that is there to help raise the playerbase.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

some people will find a way and a reason to abuse anything in uo

Divvet

Post by Divvet »

but what possible way is there to abuse it? i dont think anyone could find a way to abuse it. its basicly like playing a trial.

bluntman

Post by bluntman »

ya like if u do any criminal act to another player, you lose the young player status automatically.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

can a young player carry trapped boxes? or use purple pots?
cause i got a few ways they can grief with immunity with those hahah

bluntman

Post by bluntman »

BlackFoot wrote:can a young player carry trapped boxes? or use purple pots?
cause i got a few ways they can grief with immunity with those hahah
any criminal acts will cause you to lose the status